How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.

I am importing data contained in a text file.  When I get to Import Data, the
"Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources".  How do I
change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer).
thanks
0
SteveB (39)

0.6517012 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.936052
8.299953E-02 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.1109984 0.6517012 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/dating/ 0.936052 ...

Outlook invitation "location" should include a google map opt
Every time I am invited to an external meeting (especially when travelling) I have to use Google Maps to find the location. It would be so much easier if Microsoft added a "Map it" button next to the Location field so the address would automatically populate in a browser window's map field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

change Look in default
Hi How can I change the Look in default from My Document to another drive? Thanks. Menk Just to add, I'm using 2007 Office. "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23utuh67uIHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I change the Look in default from My Document to another drive? > Thanks. > > Menk > "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in news:#sJiX97uIHA.5832 @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Just to add, I'm using 2007 Office. > > "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in m...

how do I import my Comcast Int address to outlook in box?
I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook? You should be able to set up a profile for each one through the Control Panel, look for the Mail icon. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "AprilWard" wrote: > I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and > one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook?...

Where did the "Favorites" folder (under "Look In:") go when openi.
In Excel 2003, when I go to File\open there used to be the "Favorites" folder listed under the "Look in:" area. Why is it gone and is there a way for me to get it back? Thanks, Karen Karen File>Open. In the Look in: browse to your C:\Documents and Settings\user\ and select Favorites folder. Don't open it, just select it. Now go over to Tools and "Add to My Places" You can also right-click on any folder currently in the "My Places" bar and remove it. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:21:02 -0800, "Karen" <Karen@di...

To MVP's Looking for highly technical Outlook information
Hi All, I would like to find out where one would find the heavy technical documentation for Outlook and other Microsoft applications. I am trying to research data for a look at .pst and .ost files from a forensic view. I would like to learn how Outlook saves the information, deletes it, and maintains the data, etc. Thanks, Bob Hi - well, presuming you found someone in here who knew this info, I'm fairly certain it would not be publicly disclosable information. And didn't you post this question in here or another OL group before? tigger871@bigfoot.com wrote: > Hi All, >...

reply feature doesn't look in outlook access
Am using win xp and explorer 6.0.28, and am experiencing a problem where selecting the "reply" button in outlook web access results in the email that i'd like to reply to disappearing. The same thing happens when trying to forward a message. Yet, everything works fine using a win2000 pro system with explorer 6.0.26. The backend Exchange is version 5.5. Thanks in advance for any help. J Hi - check for popup blockers on the browser that isn't working. Jen wrote: > Am using win xp and explorer 6.0.28, and am experiencing a problem > where selecting the "rep...

Importing Outlook Inbox to access (email address)
I have successfully imported my outlook inbox to accesss unfortunately the email field only shows the name of the individual that emailed and not their full address, for example Joe Smith says "Smith, J" rather than Joe.Smith@abc123.com. Is there a way to import the full email address? Thanks, JI Why did you import and not open the data file? Are your addresses (Contacts) not contained in your origonal data file? and if they were, they would be accessible if you opened the old data file. <jon.ingram@comcast.net> wrote in message news:f7f35c98-8d79-4aec-8f6f-cd9737f7f12f@k...

Browsing for a folder in "Look in:"
One of our clients has a Peer-To-Peer environment with one of the peer computer hosting all of the shared folders. When the other peers try to browse to the shares using the "Look in:" option (within Word and Excel) to open a word document or excel spreadsheet it takes a very long time for it to drop down with all of the shares and the other files and folder. We have tried upgrading the computers to 512MB of RAM, We've tested accessing the shares from the run command and Windows Explorer and they are very fast there. Any help with this issue will be much appreciated. D...

How do I specify a formula to look in another cell for a sheet name?
I am trying to get a formula to look in another cell for the name of a different sheet (withing the same workbook) it needs to reference. i.e. I want to count applicants for different jobs. Sheet 1 holds the totals across the company whilst sheets 2 and 3 carry the applicant data for Southern and Midland regions respectively. Sheet 1 Reference Area No of Applicants AAA01 Southern ?????? AAA02 Midlands AAA03 Southern Sheet 2 - Southern Reference Name AAA01 Jones AAA01 Smith AAA03 White AAA...

excel 2003 ... setting up "Look In " within "open"
How do I set the default directory when using the file "OPEN" facility? At the moment when I use ,,File> open ,,, the default directory in the "look in " box is "my documents",, I would like to change this deafult to the excel folder within my documents. appreciate any help thanks Kev, In the standard toolbar, go to Tools -> Options -> General Tab and near the bottom of the dialog box you should see an option for "Default File Location" and "At Start-Up, Open All Files In". Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com ...

how should the Folder List look in outlook 2003
Hello How should the Folder List look in Outlook 2003 sp1 ? I 've set my oulook to always open in Inbox with Folder List on the left. But I'd like to see the image of the default Folder List. Thank you. Regards hash what do you see that you think is not right? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Looking for physical location of the Outlook inbox
I am looking for the pysical location of the Outlook inbox. I have a computer that has been formatted after developing some personal problems. The hard drive is backed up, but I don't know where the old inbox data is. I have looked high and low. Thanks, Marc Outlook 2000 / Windows 98 Search for *.pst in the Application Data folder, or just search the entire drive. That's your target. <stereotypeproductions@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0a7c01c3661d$31b38840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for the pysical location of the Outlook inbox. > I have a computer ...

Filmstrip picture look in 1 page presentation.
How can a get a presentation to display a filmstrip look down the left margin of a presentation? raylago wrote: > How can a get a presentation to display a filmstrip look down the > left margin of a presentation? ============================= Add a filmstrip graphic...try a search of Google Images for filmstrip...maybe you will find something you can use. Google Images http://images.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=gi -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you ...

Can't seem to import from Excel or from Outlook into CRM
when we try to import tab deliminated and/or comma deliminated files (originally from outlook i might add) they come out all screwy in the feilds, even when i match them up properly. The goal is to get very selected Outlook contacts into CRM - what's the best way?? ...

importing outlook inbox, drafts & sent to new computer
How do I import all the inbox, drafts, & sent messages from one computer to another? Ronda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I import all the inbox, drafts, & sent messages > from one computer to another? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=164407 -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

importing Tasks from Outlook into CRM
Can you do this - if so how. Nope, there is no easy way. >-----Original Message----- >Can you do this - if so how. >. > ...

how can I look into store.exe
I have an email sobig that i cant even download it on my outlook express 6.0.... The adviced for is to locate it on the Queues in Outbound or inbound messages on IMC, but if it is not in there the message may be stuck up in Store. How can I locate it and delete the massega in store.exe they say I can use the MFCmapi but i'm a newbie how can do this. Do I have to download the MFCMapi? what is it? thanks ...

Add directorty to "Look in" and Document Windows in Excel 2007
1. How to add folder(s) to "look in" under Open 2. How to activated the hiden worksheets in Excel 2007. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:%23s0OuwBGHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > 1. How to add folder(s) to "look in" under Open Tools => Options => General => Default file location You can't add, only change, > 2. How to activated the hiden worksheets in Excel 2007. Can't activate a hidden worksheet Cheers, Joerg Dear Joerg: Thanks for your reply. I supposed that my questions was not clear but I f...

using find and replace it's making me look in another file to upd
I have used the find and replace function several times in the spreadsheet to update the fromulas monthly. For some reason when I use it this month it wants me to look in another file to "update values"? There is not another file and there is no way for me to use the find and replace. ...

Look inside .xls files
In word when you are in the open folder window you can preview the insided of .doc files and decide which to open. In Excel under the same conditions the message " no preview available. Is there a way to do the same with .xls as with .doc files? Open your workbook File|Properties|Summary Tab Check that "Save preview picture" at the bottom. Burt wrote: > > In word when you are in the open folder window you can preview the insided > of .doc files and decide which to open. > > In Excel under the same conditions the message " no preview available. &...

importing mail from OE in one comp. to Outlook in another comp.
I know that I must export mail from OE to Outlook; however, how do I get the mail from OE in one computer to OE in the new computer You can't. Import it into OE first, then you can export to Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Christian R Nash" <Christian R Nash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA0F69AF-C0F7-43C6-A0BB-DFD9D1AA627A@microsoft.com... >I know that I must export mail from OE to Outlook; however, how do I get >the > mail from OE in one computer to OE in the new computer Thanks, I understand your response. But how do I get ...

automate input of an address from Outlook into excel
I have an excel form that I would like to somehow automate the input of the Name and address of my clients. ...

0.947694 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 0.2828604
1.178199E-02 Look Inside And Realize That Dream ... 9.059644E-02 0.947694 Now Visit http://nowclickhere.bravehost.com/index.html 0.2828604 ...

Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell
WindowsXP Excel 2003 A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new mail message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field. Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but this did not help. Thank you. You have to remove the underlying hyperlinks. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/remove_hyperlinks_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "HT" <dkajfd@dkafjd.com> wrote in message news:uTRiRR6vFHA...