How can you set up a form that the cursor only moves to cells tha.

I have set up  a form.  Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet
only in certain cells.  I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to
be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically.
Example , move from cell  a3 to c19 automatically.  How can I do that?
0
Thends (1)

Hi!

You can accomplish that by setting sheet protection.

Select all the cells that you want to be able to navigate
to then goto Format>Cells>Protection tab. Uncheck Locked.

Now, goto Tools>Protection>Protect sheet. A list of
options will appear. Uncheck Select locked cells and check
Select unlocked cells.

Now you will be able to navigate to only those cells which
are unlocked. The navigation sequence will be from left to
right then down, left to right etc. In other words you
can't go from A1 to A4 then to B1. the sequence will be
A1,B1,A4.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)
9/11/2004 2:32:24 AM
Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Thends" <Thends@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have set up  a form.  Now I want my cusor to move through the
worksheet
> only in certain cells.  I want to be able to go from one cell that
needs to
> be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out
automatically.
> Example , move from cell  a3 to c19 automatically.  How can I do
that?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/11/2004 5:29:05 AM
In addition to the methods used at the URL Frank provided

There is a third method which requires VBA and a Worksheet_Change event.

 ''moves from C2 through E5 at entry
     Select Case Target.Address
        Case "$C$2"
             Range("C5").Select
        Case "$C$5"
             Range("E2").Select
        Case "$E$2"
             Range("E5").Select
'and on and on.....
     End Select
 End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:39:01 -0700, Thends <Thends@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have set up  a form.  Now I want my cusor to move through the worksheet
>only in certain cells.  I want to be able to go from one cell that needs to
>be filled out to the next cell that needs to be filled out automatically.
>Example , move from cell  a3 to c19 automatically.  How can I do that?

0
Gord

Autofit row height in merged cells
I am producing reports that include comments, some lengthy. I need several columns for most of the report, so I need to merge cells for the comments to appear right on the printed report. Is there a way to get the row height automatically auto fit? I know this works with unmerged cells set alignment to wrap text and row height to autofit, but once I merge cells it stops working. Any help? Also, is there a way make autofit work if the cell is a formula that points to text? My apologies to the group. After searching I see someone else asked this question 11 days ago and was pointed t...

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Set request parameters for web services

Inserting form values into a table

move cell contents

can't customize toolbar

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Can anyone help ?

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article in CRM 3.
Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article? It seems to me that you could do this in 1.2. I just want to add some custom fields. ...