how can we enter at the same time maintain a formula in a cell?

Is it possible that when we enter a number in a cell, the same cell should
display the entered number after deducting certain percentage. This macro
should run automatically when the excel file is open
--
Life isa journey not a destination

Put this event macro in the worksheet code area:

Dim r As Range
Set r = Range("B9")
If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
r.Value = 0.75 * r.Value
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If you enter a value in cell B9, it will automatically be reduced to 75% of
the typed value.

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"Sherees" wrote:

> Is it possible that when we enter a number in a cell, the same cell should
> display the entered number after deducting certain percentage. This macro
> should run automatically when the excel file is open
> --
> Life isa journey not a destination
Many thanks for ur answer
what if i want to change B1:B700(but want to leave one cell for sum total in
every 8 cells down), similarly in C1:C700, & D1: D700
--

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> Put this event macro in the worksheet code area:

> Dim r As Range
> Set r = Range("B9")
> If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
> Application.EnableEvents = False
> r.Value = 0.75 * r.Value
> Application.EnableEvents = True
> End Sub
>
> If you enter a value in cell B9, it will automatically be reduced to 75% of
> the typed value.
>
> Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:
>
> 1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
> 2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
> 3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window
>
> If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.
>
> To remove the macro:
>
> 1. bring up the VBE windows as above
> 2. clear the code out
> 3. close the VBE window
>
> To learn more about macros in general, see:

> To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:
>
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm
>
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200909
>

> "Sherees" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible that when we enter a number in a cell, the same cell should
> > display the entered number after deducting certain percentage. This macro
> > should run automatically when the excel file is open
> > --
> > Life isa journey not a destination

Timesheet to monitor flexi-time
Hi All, Does anyone have a spreadsheet that can be used to record employee timesheet details, capable of accommodating simple flexi-time and part time hours. Ideally, i would like an option to add employees and then enter their agreed working hours (this is to be used as a look up). Then, On a weekly basis, data will be entered for the previous 7 days� Hours worked can fall under the following categories... Hours worked �normal� time Hours worked flexi time Hours �Sick� Holiday Bank Holiday Authorised Absence Paid Authorised absence unpaid I'd also like A way of viewing information...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

can i download lxce serv.exe

Single click selects multiple cells

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

how many receivers i can add

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Short time vs short date

Need to add to current formula

Can't configure Outlook Express

macros entering data