I'm using Excel 2000.  I have a set of merged cells A5-
E5.  I have several lines
of text in the cells and I want them to wrap across the
merged cells and it is not working.  All I get is the
first line of text showing and the rest is cut off.  It
works if the cells are not merged, but I really need to do
it in my merged cells.  Is there a way to this other than
manually resizing the height of the row?
0
ivy1 (1)

Instead of merging cells, have you tried the "Center Across Selection"
option ?
The appearence is just about identical to what you would get using merged
cells, although I don't know your requirements for wanting to use merge.

Another approach where you wouldn't need to manually resize the rows, if you
knew the approximate size of the text beforehand, is to merge your cells
*both* horizontally *and* vertically and use the <Alt> <Enter> for a forced
line break (word wrap).

HTH

RD

"Ivy" <ivy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Excel 2000.  I have a set of merged cells A5-
> E5.  I have several lines
> of text in the cells and I want them to wrap across the
> merged cells and it is not working.  All I get is the
> first line of text showing and the rest is cut off.  It
> works if the cells are not merged, but I really need to do
> it in my merged cells.  Is there a way to this other than
> manually resizing the height of the row?

0
Ragdyer (92)
9/5/2003 11:22:57 PM
Ivy

Wrap text works on merged cells.  Autoheight does not.  Perhaps this is what
you are experiencing.  You can resize manually or via Macro.  Jim Rech has
written code for this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05

Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP XL2002

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:13:28 -0700, "Ivy" <ivy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm using Excel 2000.  I have a set of merged cells A5-
>E5.  I have several lines
>of text in the cells and I want them to wrap across the
>merged cells and it is not working.  All I get is the
>first line of text showing and the rest is cut off.  It
>works if the cells are not merged, but I really need to do
>it in my merged cells.  Is there a way to this other than
>manually resizing the height of the row?

0
gdibben (257)

How can i move a macro from one computer to another
i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel Macros live in excel workbooks. So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it there. TorToms wrote: > > i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it to other computer then import to another workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Macros live in excel workbooks. > >So ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Parse dates from text field
On our invoices we charge rent for a period and the relevant line (stored in a table of invoice text lines) reads (as an example) "Rent from 16/04/2010 to 15/05/2010". I need to pull each of those dates out, to use elsewhere. Can I use some sort of parsing based on what follows the word "from" and the word "to" - or any other method! And how, please? Many thanks CW Assuming that the dates are always following a "from " and a "to ", one solution is to use the InStr() function. This function searches for a particular string wit...

e-mail merge privleges
I am the adminstrator for our CRM and when I test the e-mail merge function it works great. However, our sales personnel get an error message that says they do not have the privleges to perform the task. Can someone tell me what permissions to make sure they have to peform this task? ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

Hotkeys for text & background coloring
Hi. Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background coloring (fill color)? Eg: First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar incons. - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon. - The simliar way applies to background coloring If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could use a sma...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

I can't see the image picture from the manager program
Using the Manager - Item Properties - Special Tab You can select the picture files that reside in the associated folder that is set by the Adminastrator - paths - pictures - folder location. The files sit on the backoffice PC and I can see the selected picture in the little window, via the Manager program no problem. At the Inventory PC, I set the Admin program to look at the server and file paths are set. I can see the picture files and select them but no image shows up in the little window. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this? Moe Register is looking local for photos, needs to ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...