How can I use a cell reference in Sumproduct array formula?

I have a table with dates down the and employee numbers across the top.
 I have SUMPRODUCT formulas in all the cells to gather data from named
arrays from a database in the spreadsheet.  I'd like to avoid munually
changing (either individually or with REPLACE) date and employee number
references in each formula in each cell.  my formula looks like:
{=SUMPRODUCT((Date=DATEVALUE("11/4/04"))*(Audempno=33758)*(Units))}
also, I used a previous suggestion from this forum on another similar
spreadsheet (successfully...for fiscal 3/05)with copying the whole
spreadsheet and changing the data and formulas to this one (fiscal
11/04) and now I get zeros as a result.  Any suggestions there?

Thanks again-I hope I'm not going to the well too often.

0
cmoreau (10)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Date=B2),--(Audempno=C2),Units)

where B2 holds the date and C2 the employee number

also the function datevalue is obsolete, you might as well use

Date=--"11/4/04"

instead

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Chrism" wrote:

> I have a table with dates down the and employee numbers across the top.
>  I have SUMPRODUCT formulas in all the cells to gather data from named
> arrays from a database in the spreadsheet.  I'd like to avoid munually
> changing (either individually or with REPLACE) date and employee number
> references in each formula in each cell.  my formula looks like:
> {=SUMPRODUCT((Date=DATEVALUE("11/4/04"))*(Audempno=33758)*(Units))}
> also, I used a previous suggestion from this forum on another similar
> spreadsheet (successfully...for fiscal 3/05)with copying the whole
> spreadsheet and changing the data and formulas to this one (fiscal
> 11/04) and now I get zeros as a result.  Any suggestions there?
>
> Thanks again-I hope I'm not going to the well too often.

0
PeoSjoblom (789)

New to excel

Count If Formula #4

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

default values in a cell

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

using the journal on outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Formula for cross tab data filling

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...