How can I Unlock cell/worksheet?

I received a spreadsheet that has been used as a form and only the cells
where information is to be populated are accessible.  I thought I could do a
Save As or even copy all the contents and paste them into a new spreadsheet
so I can alter the cells that are not accessible, but I am unable to do this.
 I cannot contact the originator for an editable version.  How can I work
around this?

XL passwords are not very secure... Check out this link...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Please use these powers for good instead of evil...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Lyn" wrote:

> I received a spreadsheet that has been used as a form and only the cells
> where information is to be populated are accessible.  I thought I could do a
> Save As or even copy all the contents and paste them into a new spreadsheet
> so I can alter the cells that are not accessible, but I am unable to do this.
>  I cannot contact the originator for an editable version.  How can I work
> around this?
You can try unprotecting it. That will do it if they did not password protect it.
In Excel 2007, go to Home>Cells>Format and select Unprotect.
0
Patricia
1/19/2010 3:27:20 PM
If you can prove to me that you are authorized to do this, send to me and I
will unprotect for you.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Lyn" <Lyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It does not ask for a password when I open it, but when I try to do as you
> have suggested, "Cell" is grayed out so I don't have the option to change
> it.
> Any other suggestion?
>
> "Patricia" wrote:
>
>> You can try unprotecting it. That will do it if they did not password
>> protect it.
>> In Excel 2007, go to Home>Cells>Format and select Unprotect.
>>
>> ---
>> frmsrcurl:
>> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/How-can-I-Unlock-cell-worksheet
>> .

0
Don

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

can i download lxce serv.exe

Single click selects multiple cells

how many receivers i can add

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Can't configure Outlook Express

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...