I have a large list of noames that I need to make sure that none of them are
duplicated.  Is there a way to have excel check it quisker than me reading
every name until I find a duplicate?
0
TinaScheu (1)

After selecting your data go to filter Advanced filter and check "Unique
records only"
You can even copy it to another area all uniques entries if you want to ...

"TinaScheu" <TinaScheu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a large list of noames that I need to make sure that none of them
>are
> duplicated.  Is there a way to have excel check it quisker than me reading
> every name until I find a duplicate?

0
nh1 (51)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

The opposite of the "sort" function
I have a list of alphabetically ordered data in a column. Is there a function for randomizing the order of these data? see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/samplenoreplace.html In article <1174843249.583556.129830@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, lucavilla@cashette.com wrote: > I have a list of alphabetically ordered data in a column. > Is there a function for randomizing the order of these data? Exellent solution! thanks! Let's say your data in A1:A10 In B1: =RAND() copy from B1 to B10 Select A1:B10 > Data > Sort > Sort by select Column B > select As...

conditional formatting sort

Pulling data from separate tabs

learning Excel #3

data sort