How can I set an alarm Excel?

I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value.

Try this in the worksheet VBA editor.  If the value of A5 is greater than 50
you get a beep.

Dim frequency As Long
Dim duration As Long
If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub
If Target.Value > 50 Then
    frequency = 4160
    duration = 1500
    Call Beep(frequency, duration)
End If
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value.

Annell
    This little macro will cause a beeping sound (one beep) if C5 is greater
than 5.  Right-click your sheet tab and select View Code.  Paste this macro
into that module.  "X" out of the module to return to your sheet.  HTH  Otto
    If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C5")) Is Nothing Then _
        If Target > 5 Then Beep
End Sub

"Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value.

0
Otto

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel 2007

Set request parameters for web services

How do I use traffic lights in excel

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query

Can anyone help ?

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...