how can I run a macro when I open a workbook?

filo666 (10)

hi.
put your macro in the workbooks on open event.
when the workbooks is opened, the macro runs.
:o

0
anonymous (74722)
3/2/2005 7:52:39 PM
name it auto_open

filo666 wrote:

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)

in publisher2003 when text is justified can you prevent hyphenati.
publisher 2003 hyphenates the last word in a line when text is justified. Can this be prevented? "guybc" <guybc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E77EB79-F317-4ED4-8D21-973F433DDC97@microsoft.com... > publisher 2003 hyphenates the last word in a line when text is justified. > Can > this be prevented? Options | Edit Set Hyphenation as you would like... Publiher 2003 Help returned this: 1.. Click in the text box or table frame that contains the text you want to hyphenate. 2.. On the Tools menu, point to Language, and then click Hyphenation. ...

Can't Open Attachments in Outlook
When I try to open an attachment in Outlook I get the following message - "can't create file:right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. This just started happening - I have not changed any options. ...

How can i know who published a gantt ?
Friends, I need know who published , ie, who migrate from database draft to published a gantt; sql query also can be; regards (sorry for my bad english) -- PaseEscolar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PaseEscolar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166005.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290274.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Jan 6, 9:33=A0pm, PaseEscolar <PaseEscolar.44d...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote: > Friends, =A0I need know who published , ie, who migrate from database &...

can I merge birth dates on calendars
i'd like to print candars yearly for my family with all birthdays included, but without re-typing them ...

After adding a note, Outlook can not close properly
When my boss uses Outlook notes and then goes back to his inbox, then tries to close outlook he gets a "Object could not be found error message" Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Mike ...

I need a different formula that can be copied down
I have a worksheet with numbers 1 through 53 in cells A6 thru A58, respectively. In cell E6 is the following formula that works and updates without having to open the reference file: =INDEX('[01-1209.xls]SFN 119'!$A$13:$C$35,E$64,2) Note: the first two numbers in the formula is the number in A6 written as 01 instead of 1. I want to copy this formula down to row E58; the formual for E7 should be: =INDEX('[02-1209.xls]SFN 119'!$A$13:$C$35,E$64,2) E8 should be: =INDEX('[03-1209.xls]SFN 119'!$A$13:$C$35,E$64,2) etc. How can I rewrite...

Can we use the "F6" or "Load Driver option" available during OS i
Hello All Can we use the "F6" or "Load Driver option" available during OS install any and all PNP drivers ? If yes, what special stuff needs to be added in uninstall section so that we donot get a blue screen saying CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED. reason why i asked is When we install driver using the "F6" or "Load Driver option", OS adds some special registry for these drivers in hklm\CCS\criticaldevicedatabase. How this content must be cleaned ? regards, -Jagadish Hadimani In general the answer is no. The real question is wh...

Can I do portrait and landscape orientation on one sheet?
I want to create an 8.5x14 fanfold where the first page is basically portrait oriented and the second is landscape oriented. Can this be done in one project? Think of a mailer where the outside page is vertically oriented for mailing purposes, then when you open it, you turn it so the page is horizontally oriented. Ideas? <THANKS!> "ErnieJG_OMA" <ErnieJG_OMA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66A73C49-D6E4-42AD-A0C0-596FE5035C14@microsoft.com... >I want to create an 8.5x14 fanfold where the first page is basically >portrait > oriented an...

Can't Open or Delete an item in the inbox
I have sent a "Task request" to other people using Outlook, however when they try to open it or delete it they got the following error message: "outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment" How can they delete this from their inbox area? I have seen several posts about this but no replies - does this mean there is no answer? Many thanks Kevin Lycett Hi, I have exactly the same problem. When sending a "task request" to someone via internet and not using exchange server but only the internet mail function they receive the mail in the inbox. When...

i can't figure out how to calculate percentages in excel
hI I can't seem to get excel to show my the right numbers in percent format i'm dividing a cell of 3000 by a cell of 342 and i get 8.771929825. if i try to switch this to percentages i get 877%. what am i doing wrong? Nothing. 8.77 *IS* 877%, just as 1.00 is the same as 100%. What are you expecting? In article <63010FFE-C18F-41B7-A652-0F512F575D95@microsoft.com>, Laserbeak43 <Laserbeak43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hI > I can't seem to get excel to show my the right numbers in percent format > i'm dividing a cell of 3000 by a cell of 342 a...

cannot send mail but can recieve mail
i get an error 0*800ccc7d i am currently using a hotels internet connection What client are you using? You have to ask the hotel what Internet Service Provider they are using. This affects the setting for the smtp-server in your mail program. P� Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:50:33 -0700, skrev <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>: > i get an error 0*800ccc7d > i am currently using a hotels internet connection >-----Original Message----- >i get an error 0*800ccc7d >i am currently using a hotels internet connection >. > I am having the same problem at home, with my AT&...

how can I activate a hyperlink address from the vbOKOnly button
I have created the message box and when the user click the OK button I want a hyperlink to activate. Anyone know the code for this after the vbOKOnly Thanks On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:03:01 -0700, pete wrote: > I have created the message box and when the user click the OK button I want a > hyperlink to activate. Anyone know the code for this after the vbOKOnly > Thanks If the site address is fixed and known: Application.FollowHyperlink "http://www.thesite.com" If the site address is a variable string value displayed in a control on the form: Application.Follo...

How can I check a cell for current date and insert it if blank?
I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that checks the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done? Thanks Don Sub insertdate() With ActiveCell If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date End With -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don K" <Don K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85927992-1BA5-4B6A-94A7-AFFCCB607BD7@microsoft.com... >I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that >checks >...

Can't reinstall Publisher
When I try to remove MS Office 2000 Disc 2 from Add/Remove or reinstall Publisher from the MS Office 2000 Disc 2 from my CD Rom, I get the same message: ' Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove in Control Panel'. There is only one entry for Disc 2 in the Add/Remove List and below it the MS Office 2000 Premium entry. Help would be greatly appreciated. ALWAYS post the version of Windows you are using to get the correct and accurate assistance. You c...

can't setup group mailing
get into contacts, then top tool bar has "organize, Views, slide show, burn" no "new contact group anywhere now what? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Digital ID Name can't be found by underlying security system
I have a problem with encrypted email. We have our own CA and Exchange 2003 server. I have my users enroll for their certificate and install. There have been no problems with this. Except, there are a couple of users who have an office workstation and a remote laptop via vpn. They enrolled for the CA on both machines. However, on one machine they get the error "Digital ID Name can't be found by the underlying security system". However, on the other machine it works just fine. When I look in Active Directory on the published cert tab I see multiple certificates. Any suggestions on...

remove macro #2
Hi every time I start an excel workbook I have made I get the security warning about running macros but as far as I can tell there are no macros in the workbook. When I go to tools/macro there are no macros visible in the box that appears. So what is causing the security message to appear? And how can I stop it? If I set the security level to low the message does not appear. Windows XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003 Thanks Ron Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA editor. Delete any text in any of the modules under "Microsoft Excel Object" and delete any modules under "Modules"...

macro date entry
I have a series of reports that are based on entering some date parameters. They are for each employee. I know how to set up a macro to run them all, but how can I set it up so that it asks for the beginning and ending date at the very beginning and then applies this parameter to all the reports? Each of these reports is based on a query. I really need to know ASAP on this one. On Fri, 18 May 2007 12:02:00 -0700, Steve Y <SteveY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a series of reports that are based on entering some date parameters. >They are for each employee. I ...

Macro error 04-20-10
Hi I am trying to record a simple macro where if I press alt+d the location moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. However when I record the macro it resorts back to the line number that my macro originally ended up at 7 keystrokes from the top., even if I am 1500 lines down. How can I resolve this? With thanks Stephen Hi, I'm a bit dubious of statements like > moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. particularly in relation to code which doesn't normally deal in 'abouts', it's generally more precise ...

macro to move cursor one cell right
If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from another sheet , what macro command should I use You don't need to. The Copy Method accepts a Range argument which would be the destination for the paste operation. For example: Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Copy Destination:=3DWorksheets(3).Range("B12") --JP On Sep 22, 3:31=A0pm, Kodak1993 <Kodak1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I need to move the cursor to the right to paste a value copied from > another sheet , what macro command should I use If JP's reply does not do...

macro help #21
please help iwant to make a macro that consists of- in Cell a1 my stock number 1541 in cell b1 my part name crisps when i enter my stock number i want my part name to appear. is this possible?? Hi Mantha, Look at vLookup in Excel help. Even better, see debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html --- Regards, Norman "mantha09" <mantha09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9301063A-2473-4A6D-B8C6-1B4E4A0A35B6@microsoft.com... > please help > iwant to make a macro that consists of- > in Cell a1 my stock...

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on
Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools > Options > General > at startup open all files in: and there is no entry. Thanks! Look to see if those files may have gotten saved in the XLSTART folder. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "laralea" wrote: > Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does > anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools > Options > > General > at startup open all files in: and there is no ent...

Outlook crashes upon opening
We're running Outlook XP on Win XP and on several machines Outlook is crashing before it's fully opened. The error message indicates a problem in the shlwapi.dll module. I've run detect and Repair, and also the Inbox Repair tool, both to no avail. If anyone has any clues on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreicate. Thanks, Lloyd ...

File Icon will not open file
Help! When you click an excel file icon, excel starts but the file does not open as expected; however if you go to file and open the worksheet will open correctly. I found the solution to this problem for Excel 2000 (Q304424). Will this solution work for 97 as well? I am using Office 97 on an XP Pro machine. Thanks Andy The fix at Q304424 will work for Exzcel 97. There could be an easier way...... Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as...

Opening Publisher 2000 files with PowerPoint 2003
Can I open files created with Publisher 2000 with PowerPoint 2003? If not, is there a work-a-round by saving Publisher 2000 files as Word 2000 documents, then importing the Word 2000 document into PowerPoint 2003? -ddb Do you have Publisher? You can copy the Publisher objects into PowerPoint or Word, but you need Publisher. Word or PowerPoint cannot open Publisher files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DDB" <draytonb@ieee.org> wrote in message news:u7xPVoOMHHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...