How can I reset defaults for cell borders? i.e color and/or inte.

I want to be able to modify border colors and intesity for cells in a
worksheet.
0
mffoster (1)

1-choose the cellsformat/cells
2-choose format/cells
3-click on Border tab
4-choose the line style and color
5-click kind of vorder u want to have.
6-to reset defaults for cell borders, click "none"

"mffoster" wrote:

> I want to be able to modify border colors and intesity for cells in a
> worksheet.
0
Mansure (15)

"unable to open your default email folder"
After a successful install (and reinstall) of Office XP, and attempt to open Outlook, I get the message "unable to open your default email folder Could not open the item. Try again" I click OK. Next message is "do you want open your default file system folder instead" I click OK and get a screen with the title bar of Microsoft Office and all the menues but with a window showing "my computer" and all the drives etc. Under Tools the Option button is grayed out so the suggestions I have read so far I am not able to access. I tried copying my Office 2002 pst file ...

Re-Opening e-mail Activites
When e-mail Activities are created, I occassionaly want to take action on them, so I would like them to be Open Activities; but the default is that they are created as Closed Activities. What would be the easiest way to change the status back to Open? I looked at the e-mail form, and I added the Status field to the e-mail activity form, but then when I opened the form, the field is deactivated (it cannot be changed manually). Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks, Boolean1 Ah Weel, That was about the easiest thing I ever did. Very cool. Just a simple ...

How do I advance cell numbers?
Hi! In one worksheet, I have two columns: 1 column of dates and one column of numbers. On this worksheet, I sum the column of numbers based on the previous 90 days. Is there a way that I can enter a new date and number in one place on a different worksheet, and have it load that date and number in the next blank spaces on the worksheet I describe in the above paragraph? I would then want the next date and number I load to advance to the next blank spaces on the first worksheet, etc., etc. It is important to keep the 90-day total current. Thanks in advance... Sincere...

How to arrange alphabet and numbers in a cell
Hi, In one cell I have numbers and alphabets and how to arrange ascending or descending for example before Cell A1 = 6532ADC After Cell A1 = ACD2356 what formula I have to use? VBA code is preferable. Thanks Try the code below, used like =SORTCELL(A1, TRUE) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Function SortCell(myR As Range, OrdAsc As Boolean) As String Dim myArr() As String Dim myTemp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer 'Split the string into characters ReDim myArr(1 To Len(myR.Value)) For i = 1 To Len(myR.Value) myArr(i) = Mid(myR.Value, i, 1) Next i 'Do the sort For i = LBou...

Can't email new Public folders after moving from exch 2k to exch 2k3
All of the public folders created in exch 2k still work normally, any new public folder made in exch 2k3 won't let you email them regardless of the smtp address. I've made sure that all of the anonymous permissions are correct. It just sends a rejected by server error. Any ideas? R ...

Journal
I am using Outlook 2002/XP. I use journaling to keep log hours I have spent on different projects over the weeks. I work on different projects and every day I log entries in the journal (with an Entry Type of Task, Meeting or whatever; and I use the Company field for the Project name; and I key in the number of hours spent in the Duration field). What I would like is a sort of report or view where by given a start and end date the outlook would provide me with consolidated figures (for example, to get total number of hours spent on each project in a given month) Any ideas about...

Default to Calendar view when opening Live Mail
I would like to add the Windows Live Calendar to my start up folder and am unable to do this as it is a part of the Live Mail program. Is there a way I can have the Live Mail program set to default open into the Calendar portion rather than the mail portion. Then I could place the mail program in my start up folder. I am using Windows 7 and the Windows Live mail Build 14.0.8089.0726. Thanks, I'm not aware of anyway to do that in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. A couple of notes: 1) If you are logging into a Live ID when starting WLM so that it synchs your ...

E-mail sent through CRM with a cryptic identifier
When customers recieve an e-mail via MS CRM there's a cryptic identifier, such as "CRM:{D6011C5C-117D-43B3-843B- 1C14742E9723}:MRC" tag to the end of the subject line. Is there a way to hide this number? This is problematic as it may be blocked by spam blockers and adds a sense of "I am a robot" and not the relathionship based communication we are hoping for. Unfortunately you cannot hide this. This identifier is used to combine the emails send out, with the incoming emails. If this identifier is not there, crm will create a new email activity, but not connec...

can't send message to other process
Hello! I'm developing a dialog-based mfc app for Windows Mobile 5, but my question should be the same for a "normal" mfc app. In Windows Mobile only one instance of an aplication is allowed. This is done in the AfxWinMain function. When a same app is found running I want to send a custom message to it. This is the important code in my new "winmain.cpp" in this function: ::EnumWindows(_AfxFindModuleInfoProc, (LPARAM)&moduleInfo); if (moduleInfo.hwnd) { HWND hWnd = (HWND)(((DWORD)moduleInfo.hwnd) | 0x00000001);//(HWND)moduleInfo.hwnd; ::SetForegroundWindow(hW...

Change default # of print copies in Excel
I have an Excel 2003 SP3 document that defaults to 15 copies when printing it. It can be over-ridden, but people forget to do that and print too much. Can the '15' be changed to '1' and saved that way for future printing? How do you do it? Thanks, Stan Milbrath ...

cannot send e-mail too
this is my error message Une erreur inconnue s'est produite. Objet 'Fw: RE:', Compte : 'pop.cgocable.ca', Serveur : 'SMTP.cgocable.ca', Protocole : SMTP, Réponse du serveur : '554 Postmaster Code 1 - Your IP 174.58.192.51 is not authorized to send mail through our server. To contact Cogeco Cable, please visit http://postmaster.cogeco.net Votre adresse IP 174.58.192.51 n'est pas autorisée à envoyer des courriels par notre serveur. Pour contacter Cogeco Cable, veuillez visiter le site suivant : http://postmaster.cogeco.net...

Can Not Clear Temporary Files
We are having a problem opening an email attachment that is sent daily using the same name. When opening the attachment the user receives the following error: "Can't create file: %filename% Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I know the default location for opening up an email attachment in Outlook 2002 is "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKxxx". After checking this folder I verified the attachment was being stored ...

Formatting page header/footer using cell values.
Hello experts! Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header displays value of cell A5. Thanks, Marko. Hi Marko, Try this... ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Range("A5").Value Regards Ankur/Kanchan www.xlmacros.com Pygmalion wrote: > Hello experts! > > Excel has a nice option to format various parts of a chart using cell > values. Can the same be done for headers/footers, e.g. that the header > displays value of cell A5. > > Thanks, Marko. Thanks! ...

How can users select recipients by AD attributes?
Hello, We have populated many of the standard fields in Outlook and even added some custom fields of our own. How can our users select recipients using those fields, e.g., select all users by dept, without administrator intervention? We're using Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. When you open the Address Book, there will be an Advanced Find link and menu option as well. Not sure if this was the case with your versions of Outlook already but it definitely is the case with Outlook 2007. If your users often make the same queries, your ma...

plotting "empty" cells that contain a formula that has returned a blank
Cells that appear empty, but contain a formula that has returned a blank, when plotted on a line chart, plot as ZEROS. This is in spite of setting tools, options, charts to "zero values not plotted". Does anyone know a way round this, please. thanks Bob Farey Instead of return a blank (" " or "") result, return a NA(). If you need a null string ("") for subsequent calculations or for aesthetic purposes, create a 2nd dummy range that has NA() instead of "". Plot the range with the NA()s -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com ...

Macro to color fill rows?
I know Excel doesn't read fill color but can you make a macro that finds all cells with the word "total" in it and fill color that entire row? Thanks in advance for any help! Jennifer Try: Sub ordinate() Dim r As Range For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If r.Value = "total" Then r.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End If Next End Sub I picked 6 - yellow -- Gary''s Student "Jennifer" wrote: > I know Excel doesn't read fill color but can you make a macro that finds all > cells with the word "total" in it and...

pages of garbage with e-mails
some e-mails gome in with 20 or 30 pages of garbage. the message is inbedded, and can be read, but the rest looks like some kind of programming information. Why does this happen, only on a few e-mails, re rest are fine. "pepper" <pepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C62D5CD-DB3B-4528-B1A0-13CE75E8F9BB@microsoft.com... > some e-mails gome in with 20 or 30 pages of garbage. the message is > inbedded, > and can be read, but the rest looks like some kind of programming > information. Why does this happen, only on a few e-mails, re re...

Can I use my Picture It from ME on my XP
I would like to use Picture It from my ME software Package. Can I use it with you XP? Hi Linda F (Linda F@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I would like to use Picture It from my ME software Package. Can I || use it with you XP? Picture It! can be installed on Windows ME as well as Windows XP. Both operating systems are supported. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Linda F wrote: >I would like to use Picture It fro...

How can retrieve a thread's state
All, I can't find something to get the state(suspended, running..) of a thread, Any suggestions ? Thanks. "JiangHan" <JiangHan@kdt.com.cn> wrote in message news:OoR9$cszDHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I can't find something to get the state(suspended, running..) of a thread, > Any suggestions ? In "normal" circumstances, the probability of a thread being in the running state when observed from another thread would be very low (clearly zero on a uni-processor system). Obviously cases like threads doing stuff like the SETI applic...

How can I reference the last data item in a column or row?
I want to display or use the last (most recent) data in either a column or row withour specifically accessing the individual cell. Is there a funcion similar to Min() or Max() that can help me or perhaps another way to solve this question? Thanks See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html Hope this helps Rowan snappy wrote: > I want to display or use the last (most recent) data in either a column > > or row withour specifically accessing the individual cell. Is there a > funcion similar to Min() or Max() that can help me or perhaps another > way to solve th...

Outlook 2003
Hello all, I would really appreciate some help on this. I run Norton AntiVirus and it has this really aggravating behavior .. all virus infected attachments are deleted, but the emails they rode in on end up in my inbox. There is no NAV option to not only delete a virus infected attachment but also its email. Since all of the virus infected email I get is spam, I end up with lots of extra junk in my inbox. The Outlook 2003 junk filtering does a pretty good job on everything else. So .. I want to create a rule to move all emails with a file attachment called "Norton AntiVirus Deleted1...

How can I add the "open with" as a choice to Outlook menus?
A co-worker with a mac sends me a .txt file attachment. If I 'preview' the file in Outlook, all the formatting is fine. However, if I open the attachment (default is to open a .txt file with notepad), the formatting is lost. I know I can either: 1) save the file to disk, and then from Windows explorer, do an "open with" to open it with Wordpad. 2) Change the file type associatein for .txt files so they will always open with wordpad. I don't like either of these choices. Option 1 adds extra steps (I may not want to save the file at all!). Option...

can't delete wmv file in media player 11
i have got a wmv file that i can not delete. i go to tools, privacy, clear history and cache and it appears to be gone, but when i close out wmp and open it again it is back. can anyone help me? thanks -- wayne Do you mean a WMV file in your library? What exactly happens when you select the file and press delete? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk wayne wrote: > i have got a wmv file that i can not delete. i go to tools, privacy, clear > history and cache and it appears to be gone, but when i close out wmp and > open it again it is back...

can't load office 2004 student/teacher on macbook pro
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Never had a problem loading office 2004 on my powerbook g4. Upgraded to macbook pro intel mac with leopard. Install CD spins around forever. Eventually the office icon shows up on the desktop. I drag it to the hard drive and it starts to load and then quits. Then I get an error message. There is definitely a problem. I know the CD is Okay and this is a brand new computer that loads other software just fine. I never had any other versions of office installed on this computer. I also tried to install it under a fresh accou...

Change text color in a cell automatically
I have few checkboxes and what I am trying to do is to write a macro or format a cell in such a way so that every time I check out one of the check boxes the text (statement) that is in the same cell as the checkbox changes color automatically. ...