how can i remove workbook protection setting???

i try to work with data analayze
and do a regression to my numbers
but when i start this function there is an error and an instant message
inform me that i should change my workbook protection setting!
how can i change it???
0
raviv (1)

Tools>protection>unprotect workbook, since you say it is "your" workbook I am
sure you know the password?

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"raviv" wrote:

> i try to work with data analayze
> and do a regression to my numbers
> but when i start this function there is an error and an instant message
> inform me that i should change my workbook protection setting!
> how can i change it???
0
PeoSjoblom (789)

How do I set the worksheet to save before closing?
When there is a change in a worksheet and I try to close it, a message asks me whether I want to save the worksheet or not? How do I turn on this notification before closing the sheet? Open your workbook. Hit Alt+F11 or Tools-->Macro-->Visual basic editor (VBE). On the left, double-click ThisWorkbook. Paste the following code into the ThisWorkbook code window. Hit the Save diskette at top-left. Close the VBE. Make a change to the workbook, and close it to test. Was the change saved? Should be. :) Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveWorkbook.Save...

How can i change this VBA project According to Indian Numeric
Sir/Madam I got a VBA project from MCServices, But problem is How i should modify this to display This Numeric Value like - 2551525.35 It should display in text = Twenty Five Lac Fifty One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Five Rs and Thirty Five Paise. I m sending Herewith my VBA project. Pls change necessary and help me. thanks Rao Ratan Singh Option Explicit 'Main Function Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = &...

BUG in O2K3
I posted this yesterday, with no response, and am posting again today as this is clearly a bug in Office 2003. Office 2003 is not properly integrated (well not at all!) with the IE setting "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" (Internet Options - Advanced). This causes severe readability issues for users who need to make many url clicks from within Outlook, and don't want multiple instances of the IE window opening. See this for someone else's report of the same issue: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=b9c079b670 8a7bde&...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

Can I insert multiple scales on the Y axis of a single XY graph?
I am trying to plot three parameters on a single XY line chart. Is it possible io have three different scales charted to cover all the three parameters which are quite variable numerically? Using Excel 2000 No, you can only have a left and a right y-axis. Workaround: let's assume one series has very small numbers; have a column with these values multiplied by say 1000; plot this column and use a legend like "voltage x 1000" If one series is too large, have a column with the numbers divided; legend "Sales in $million) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people...

Need help removing characters in multiple cells
I have an excel 2007 sheet that has over 300 cells in a column that have a name of a store plus a number between paranethesis. Is there a one step way I can remove the paranethesis? Here is an example: K-Mart (ABC#73846365) and I want to have just the following K-Mart Each cell has a different store name and set of numbers within the paranethesis. Thanks Select the range to fix. Edit|replace what: _(* (spacebar, open paren, asterisk) with: (leave blank) replace all It looked like you'd want to remove the space character after the t in k-mart. "<----- Mardm...

duplicate contacts
I was having trouble with CRM contacts merging into an Outlook Client. It doesn't seem to be working. What this user wants is for all of his contacts to be CRM contacts. Can someone tell me if CRM synchronizes CRM to Outlook or the other way? Anyway, I have triplets for most of the contacts now? Is there a way to remove duplicates in crm? The only thing I have found on the web is to merge them but that is a one by one process. Any advice would be helpful. Hey Tim, One of the intentions for merging records is to help you combine information from 2 duplicate records into one, and ...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

Set of Dialogs -Delete Any Dialog at Runtime-Organize Pos
Hai I Have set of Dialogs created a Runtime and those are placed sequentially in a postion by using SetWindowPos and now i want to delete a Dialog using close button associated with that Dialog which is placed at a Position the Dialog Order shoulnd rearrange automatically and is there any way to do that Thanks and Regards Mike SetWindowPos. Uusually if you have a set of dialogs there is an application window of some sort associated with the application. What I would do is have the dialog's close handler post a message indicating the dialog had closed, then...

How do I properly attach vba code to a workbook
I have a function and entered it into the vba editor, syntax and all is clean, but my spreadsheet won't recognize the new command when I go to use it. displays #name? etc. etc. This is my first time to actually use the vba editor, so obviously I'm missing some basics somewhere... T-I-A... Where did you put the code? It should be in a regular code module, NOT a sheet's code module or the ThisWorkbook code module. In the VBA Editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Put the code in that module. Also, if you are attempting to call the function from another workbook,...

Is it possible to merge workbooks in excel?
I am currently working on a project with a coworker in which we need to enter quality scores for employees into excel workbooks, with one sheet per group of employees. Is it possible, if we enter data for separate groups, to later merge this data into one master workbook? Thanks! Are you asking if you can move/copy your sheet for Group AAA into another workbook that has a sheet for Group BBB? If so, all you need to do is: 1) open both the source and destination workbooks 2) activate the source workbook 3) select any and all tabs that you want in the destination workbook (Ctrl-click on ...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Edit Template and have connected workbooks updated automatically?
When I make changes to a custom Template the changes are not reflected in any workbooks that are based on the Template. Is this usual and are there any ways to have these changes update to the workbooks automatically ? Thanks Michael Jones ...

Removing Blank Cells #3
I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank columns and rows from a worksheet. There really is no need for this many blank rows in the workpaper I am working on and I assume it contributes to the overall size of the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance. Hi you can't remove them (you can hide them if you like9. Also they do not add up to the size of your worksheet 8at least as long as your used range is correct) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff Mortenson wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank > columns and rows from a works...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?
I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been removing them from their news server. Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere? If so, I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to manage the browser-based forums. But if that's the only thing available, I'd gladly use them. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer gro...

Edit Checks Posting Journal-remove GL Dist
What would be the expression needed to eliminate the GL account distibution and just have the checks paid info and invoices included in payment? -- cal ...

Propagating security settings
When I create folder and registry key I set its full access to Everyone. But these settings are not propagated to folders and subkeys created after that. Is there way to set setting on folder and registry key so all subkeys and subfolders created after that would inherit parent permissions? As far as I know if you pass a NULL as the lpSecurityAttributes for CreateDirectory it inherits its secuity descriptor from its parent. From MSDN lpSecurityAttributes [in] Pointer to a SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES structure. The lpSecurityDescriptor member of the structure specifies a security descriptor for th...

New Workbook Defaults to Personal.xls
Hi, Whenever I start a new instance of Microsoft Excel, the default filename is Personal.xls, instead of Book1 (or whatever...) Since I have some procedures built into my Personal Macro Workbook, can I change the default name of a new Excel workbook? Any help you can lend would be appreciated. Henry It sounds like your personal.xls workbook is visible (most people have this workbook opened as a hidden workbook). Open excel with personal.xls the active workbook window|hide and close excel You'll be prompted to save personal.xls (because of that change to hidden). Select yes. Now ...

Password Protecting Folders.
My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually password protected under Vista? Thanks "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:7769caff-d403-44b2-b68a-980e962a05ff@j27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com: > My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. > > I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually > password protected under Vista? Not directly. Even if they could be, any good repair technician worth his salt could figure out how t...

Can I use 1 function in this case?
I have several control on my dialog. Each control has its message processing function. for example: ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonSub) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMul) Can I just use 1 function to process all messages? ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMath) If yes, how to decide which control send the message? Lookup ON_CONTROL_RANGE on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ka...

Setting up new email
Hi I recently switched to MSN Internet service and want to set up my Outlook email program to receive mail at home. I don't know the pop3 and other information to put into the program so that I can resume receiving email there. I have both Outlook Express and Outlook 200 installed on the computer, whick is running on W98SE. Thanks for any help! Terry Ray plinus74@msn.com Consult the MSN help files for the correct information. Note: Many accounts were converted to HTTP accounts only. POP3 accounts may be unavailable depending on your service package. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

How do I remove page border in Publisher
There is a white border all around my publication. How do I remove it to have the pictures flush to the margin of the page. It is your printer margin limitations. Read the printer documentation to determine the margins... Most printers cannot print to the edge. If you have a full bleed printer you can print on larger stock and cut away the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "doranrita" <doranrita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A5C9470-BA39-4959-8FD5-8D98C3F71920@microsoft.co...