How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.

Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the
sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect
these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for
some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect.
How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells
(A21`:H40) only.

Thanks.
Maperalia

In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:-

1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to
Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 to H20 / Ctrl 1 / Custom Lists pop
up window should launch / Protection tab / remove the tick from the Locked
box / OK / save the file.

2. Close and reopen the file  / make sure that you can access range A1 to
H20.

I have just tested the above and it works OK.

3. Apply the protection to the new range.

4. If my comments have helped please hit Yes.

Thanks.

"Maperalia" wrote:

> Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the
> sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect
> these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for
> some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect.
> How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells
> (A21`:H40) only.
>
> Thanks.
> Maperalia
Thanks very much. It works, I really appreciate your helping with this matter.
Thanks.
Maperalia

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:-
>
> 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to
> Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 to H20 / Ctrl 1 / Custom Lists pop
> up window should launch / Protection tab / remove the tick from the Locked
> box / OK / save the file.
>
> 2. Close and reopen the file  / make sure that you can access range A1 to
> H20.
>
> I have just tested the above and it works OK.
>
> 3. Apply the protection to the new range.
>
> 4. If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Maperalia" wrote:
>
> > Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the
> > sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect
> > these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for
> > some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect.
> > How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells
> > (A21`:H40) only.
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Maperalia

Check current cell is empty
Hi, I'm getting stuck... If I enter some new data in Sheet2, column A, then this cell will be copied to last cell of sheet 1 columnA automatically. This task can be done now IF the data is overwriting some existing data, no need to copy. my logic is if the active cell is empty, and the target column is 1, then do the copy and paste. else, do nothing The question is: how can I check the current cell is empty? Thank you in Advance Bobocat Sub tester() If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then MsgBox "Activecell Is Empty" Else MsgBox "Activecell Is Not Empty&quo...

Locked records
I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Access application. The data is held on a SQL 2000 server with Access front-end. I have a form (Form A) used for editing records, this form is launched from a command button on another form (Form B) and filters to a sepcific records on Form A dependant on the record in Form B. Nothing special here I use this technique all over this application. Form A opens up and displays the record I want but when ever I make a change and try to exit the form or save the record I get the following message: "The record has been changed by another user...

New Disk storage

move cell contents

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Creating new attributes

transferring to new pc

can't customize toolbar

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...