How can I reinstall my microsoft excel?

This is my problem.  My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it.  A
friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore.  I didn't back up my
programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs.  And my CD-Rom still
doesn't work.  How do I reinstall?
0
shell4577 (4)

Hi

When you have a possibility to connect to some other computer (through LAN),
then share out CD-ROM in another computer, map it to your computer (yo must
have file and printer sharing installed), and then install Office from
mapped resource.

Otherwise, when you have USB port in your computer, and you have or can
borrow an USB flasch memory stick, find another computer with working CD-ROM
and USB port, copy contents of Office CD onto flasch memory stick, transfer
them into your computers hard disk and start Setup from there (Or try to
install Office directly from flasch memory stick).

The last option is take out your hard disk, install it into another computer
with working CD-ROM as slave and copy Office CD contents to your hard disk,
install your hard disk back into your computer (don't forget to restore
master/slave settings of your HD), and then install Office from your HD.

Arvi Laanemets

"shell4577" <shell4577@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is my problem.  My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it.  A
> friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore.  I didn't back up
my
> programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs.  And my CD-Rom
still
> doesn't work.  How do I reinstall?

And you may want to visit your local BestBuy/Office Max/CompUSA store and order
a new CD.  You can get a new one pretty cheap.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

> Hi
>
> When you have a possibility to connect to some other computer (through LAN),
> then share out CD-ROM in another computer, map it to your computer (yo must
> have file and printer sharing installed), and then install Office from
> mapped resource.
>
> Otherwise, when you have USB port in your computer, and you have or can
> borrow an USB flasch memory stick, find another computer with working CD-ROM
> and USB port, copy contents of Office CD onto flasch memory stick, transfer
> them into your computers hard disk and start Setup from there (Or try to
> install Office directly from flasch memory stick).
>
> The last option is take out your hard disk, install it into another computer
> with working CD-ROM as slave and copy Office CD contents to your hard disk,
> install your hard disk back into your computer (don't forget to restore
> master/slave settings of your HD), and then install Office from your HD.
>

> Arvi Laanemets
>

> "shell4577" <shell4577@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is my problem.  My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it.  A
> > friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore.  I didn't back up
> my
> > programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs.  And my CD-Rom
> still
> > doesn't work.  How do I reinstall?

0
shell4577 (4)
12/19/2004 9:11:02 PM
My CD Rom doesn't work any clues about that?  It tells me I/O Device error-E
is not accessible.   That is the reason I now have the problem with the loss
of programs.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> And you may want to visit your local BestBuy/Office Max/CompUSA store and order
> a new CD.  You can get a new one pretty cheap.
>

> shell4577 wrote:
> >
> > This is my problem.  My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it.  A
> > friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore.  I didn't back up my
> > programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs.  And my CD-Rom still
> > doesn't work.  How do I reinstall?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
shell4577 (4)
12/19/2004 9:23:01 PM
No idea.

You could google for the error, your CDROM manufacturer's name and the driver
name.  Maybe you'll find something.

--

Dave Peterson
0

As it's obvious you aren't able to find out yourself, what is wrong with
your CD-ROM (lose cable connection, it's simply broken, corrupted driver,
motherboard damage), and how to correct this, and as it's nearly impossible
to help you without having colse look at your comp, the best you can do
about it is locate the store you bought your comp, and let them repair it.
When there is a problem with your hardware (CD-ROM), (not with software,)
then maybe it even falls under guarantee (depends how old is your comp).
Anyway it will be mended in one way or another.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee)

> My CD Rom doesn't work any clues about that?  It tells me I/O Device
error-E
> is not accessible.   That is the reason I now have the problem with the
loss
> of programs.
>
> "Dave Peterson" wrote:
>
> > And you may want to visit your local BestBuy/Office Max/CompUSA store
and order
> > a new CD.  You can get a new one pretty cheap.
> >

> > shell4577 wrote:
> > >
> > > This is my problem.  My CD-Rom quit working and nothing would fix it.
> > > friend of ours told us to do a complete system restore.  I didn't back
up my
> > > programs and I lost all of my microsoft office programs.  And my
CD-Rom still
> > > doesn't work.  How do I reinstall?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson

0
garbage (651)
12/20/2004 6:56:20 AM
Hi

> That sounds very confusing to me.  Could you please tell me this again in
> easy to follow step by step form?
>
> "Arvi Laanemets" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > When you have a possibility to connect to some other computer (through
LAN),
> > then share out CD-ROM in another computer, map it to your computer (yo
must
> > have file and printer sharing installed), and then install Office from
> > mapped resource.

Connect your computer to some LAN (local area network). It can be LAN at
your work or at school, etc. Probably you have to get a permission for this
from network administrator, ans possibly his help too. Or it can be a home
LAN - a couple of computers connected through switch or router. You must
have according protocols installed (depends on LAN you connect).

In another computer, in network properties check, is File and Printer
Sharing installed. When yes, share it's CD-ROM (in Windows explorer,
right-click on CD-ROM icon, select Sharing from drop-down, and share it as
read-only without password (Win98) or to evryone (WinXP). Insert the install
CD into CD-ROM - when it starts automatically, close the setup window.

In your computer, locate another computer in network neighborhood (entire
network in WindowsXP), and open it. It's shared resources are displayed.
Right-click on shared CD-ROM icon, and from dropdown select Map Network
Drive. Map it under some free letter (p.e. your own CD-ROM is D, and E is
free, so you can map it as E).

In Windows Explorer windows, explore mapped drive (E:). Locate Setup.exe and
start it.

(Probably you need some assistance from someone familiar with networking -
especially when any computer involved has WinXP as OS. For detailed
instructions tere are too much variations, depending both computers OS, LAN
type, etc.)

> > Otherwise, when you have USB port in your computer, and you have or can
> > borrow an USB flasch memory stick, find another computer with working
CD-ROM
> > and USB port, copy contents of Office CD onto flasch memory stick,
transfer
> > them into your computers hard disk and start Setup from there (Or try to
> > install Office directly from flasch memory stick).

You have an USB flasch memory stick. Both your comp, and another one, must
be able to recognize it. With WinXP as OS, there probably will not be any
problems - most memory sticks are recognized and connected automatically,
when inserted into USB slot. When OS is Win98, the USB device must be
installed before first use from CD, or from manufacturer homepage.

Insert flasch device into another computers USB port, and wait until it's
connected. Insert CD (close startup window, when it starts). Start Windows
Explorer, and copy contents of CD to flasch device {when there isn't enough
room, consult someone (p.e. the store which sold to you MS Office, or MS
Online Support - p.e. we here have one, where we can get some consultations
through phone), which subfolders are necessary}.

Insert flasch device into your computers USB port. Start Windows Explorer,
locate setup.exe/install.exe on flasch device, and start it. (When it
doesn't start somehow, copy all from flashc device into some empty folder on
your computer, and start the setup from there.)

> > The last option is take out your hard disk, install it into another
computer
> > with working CD-ROM as slave and copy Office CD contents to your hard
disk,
> > install your hard disk back into your computer (don't forget to restore
> > master/slave settings of your HD), and then install Office from your HD.

OK. When you decide to try this, then maybe yo find some friend more
familiar with hardware, and let him do all this hard disk moving part. So
your work starts, when you have contants of install CD on your hard disk.
Start the setup, and continue.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee)

0
garbage (651)
12/20/2004 7:52:37 AM
Thanks for your help.  I was just thinking of buying a new CD Rom and then
re-installing the software.  I just don't know when I will be able to buy the
CD Rom so I was just hoping I could somehow get Excel running again until I
replaced my Rom.
We'll see what happens.  Thanks again.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

> Hi
>
> As it's obvious you aren't able to find out yourself, what is wrong with
> your CD-ROM (lose cable connection, it's simply broken, corrupted driver,
> motherboard damage), and how to correct this, and as it's nearly impossible
> to help you without having colse look at your comp, the best you can do
> about it is locate the store you bought your comp, and let them repair it.
> When there is a problem with your hardware (CD-ROM), (not with software,)
> then maybe it even falls under guarantee (depends how old is your comp).
> Anyway it will be mended in one way or another.
>

> --
> Arvi Laanemets
> (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee)
>

> "shell4577" <shell4577@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My CD Rom doesn't work any clues about that?  It tells me I/O Device
> error-E
> > is not accessible.   That is the reason I now have the problem with the
> loss
> > of programs.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > And you may want to visit your local BestBuy/Office Max/CompUSA store
> and order
> > > a new CD.  You can get a new one pretty cheap.

> up my
> CD-Rom still
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson

0
shell4577 (4)

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

learning Excel #3

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Q:Excel/ODBC/Login ....
Hi' there ! My situation is this; My customer have a hole bunch of different Excel workbooks - with VB code inside. In this VB code the user/pwd to the ODBC connection is hardcoded. This hardcoding is not approved by audit. Is there any smart way (opposed the insert a login-dialogbox in each of those workbooks) - to solve this problem? What I thought of, is to make a button on my menubar to etablish the ODBC connection and regardless of wich workbook I open - hold this connection open. But somethins tells me, that the code should beplaced in a workbook - and not directly in Excel...

How do I find the Data Analysis Plus toolpak for excel
does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. opher32 - > does anyone know where I could find the data analysis plus toolpak. < Start by looking on the CD that was in the back of the textbook. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...