How can I put a text box in every cell?

Two questions:

-How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to
insert on manually every time?

AND

- How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a
new row whenever I add a row?

Thanks!

One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row.
Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a
group.

"bmowell" wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to
> insert on manually every time?
>
> AND
>
> - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a
> new row whenever I add a row?
>
> Thanks!
This works.  But how do I get the height of my rows to adjust based on how
much info I have typed into my text box?  Can I tie my row height to my
textbox height?  I want to keep all rows in the row in question at the same
height based on whatever column contains the most information.

Thanks!

"marysully" wrote:

> One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row.
> Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a
> group.
>
> "bmowell" wrote:
>
> > Two questions:
> >
> > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to
> > insert on manually every time?
> >
> > AND
> >
> > - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a
> > new row whenever I add a row?
> >
> > Thanks!
If you need all the rows with text box to be the same height, you may want to
adjust the text box and row height to fit the text box with the most
information before you select and copy your rows.

"bmowell" wrote:

> This works.  But how do I get the height of my rows to adjust based on how
> much info I have typed into my text box?  Can I tie my row height to my
> textbox height?  I want to keep all rows in the row in question at the same
> height based on whatever column contains the most information.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "marysully" wrote:
>
> > One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row.
> > Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a
> > group.
> >
> > "bmowell" wrote:
> >
> > > Two questions:
> > >
> > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to
> > > insert on manually every time?
> > >
> > > AND
> > >
> > > - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a
> > > new row whenever I add a row?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
Can't you just use cells to contain the text?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

On 5/31/2010 5:08 PM, bmowell wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to
> insert on manually every time?
>
> AND
>
> - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a
> new row whenever I add a row?
>
> Thanks!
0
Jon

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

Auto Fill Cells
I am building an inpatient log for a nursing home. I need to auto fill the patient's name and address from their ID # Example in column C (ID#) 255 - would automatically fill in Column D (last name), Column E(first name), Column F(middle initial), and Column G(address) At this point - all of the cells are blank. Sounds nice. Where is the data coming from? Take a look at these links for some ideas of how you can go about doing this: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html#IndexMatch http://www.contextures.com/xlFunc...

comments in a cell #2
HYCH, Just a question? is there any way of using some vba that will add coments to a cell and have the comment box appear as it does if i add my own comments manually, would like the comment hidden until the cell is selected and then have it show up! obviously i know this happens when you manually process comments, but i would like the comment box to appear and display values that are in another worksheet within the same workbook. hope that makes sense. Steve Steve wrote: > > HYCH, > > Just a question? > > is there any way of using some vba that will add coments t...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

combo box troubles
Hi, I have a form where if a (vendor) combo box field is "null", a msgbox pops up asking the user to choose a vendor. After a vendor is chosen, an order form pops up with the vendor info populated. All of this is coded on a button: if isnull(forms!frmInventory.vendor) then msgbox "Please choose a Vendor", forms!frmInventory.vendor.SetFocus *****more code here***** end if forms!frmInventory.vendor.value = vendor docmd.openform "frmOrders"... vendor = forms!frmInventory.vendor.value forms!frmOrders.vendor.SetFocus forms!frmOrders.vendor.t...

shading cells that are not consecutive
Is it possbile to shade cells B10-16 and D14-8 and F2 and etc and forma them as a group? Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Ctrl to select all the rages you want selected then do th formatting you wish. Either that or choose one cell and do the formatting the way you want Then copy it and select the other cells and go to edit: paste special formats -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Check Boxes?
Hi, I know that a field of type "bit" is where you can have Yes/No type questions, but is it possible to have Check boxes within an Order Form? I have seen some system check boxes, and was wondering if this is limited only to system fields (attributes). TIA GP, All you have to do is: Go to Settings>> customization >> Open Order Entity >> Open the form Click on the bit field >> Change properties. (not form properties) On the second tab under controling formatting you have an option to select check box. Hope this is helpful Venkat. "GP" wrote...

Replacing cell with text
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to do the following: Imagine I have a legend in which I say which text corresponds to whic letters ex: John -> J Harry -> H Susan -> S and what I want to do is when entering J, H or S in a cell, it wil change to the corresponding text. Is there a way of doing it without having to run a macro ? Thanks in advance Pedr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options (XL2002) and insert new...

Formula for counting specific cells which are greater than 1
I'm looking for a formula that will count specific cells (not a range - A17, A27, A37 and so on) that will have a certain value (above $1.00 to make it easy). So if the cell has a value of $1.00 or less it will not count in the total; If it is above $1.00 if will count. If A17 is above $1.00, A27 is $0.50 & A37 is $3.00 the count will be 2. ...

Dynamicly change spreadsheet tab names depending on cell value
Is it possible to change tab names dynamicaly ? For example i have 31 tab (1 for each day of the month) These tabs are named - 1,2,3 e.t.c Is it possible to define rule that would ad "!" to day which is weekend day. In other words is it possible to dynamicly change tab name depending from value of cell ? If this is possbile how do i do this ? Right-click on the spreadsheet tab, select View Code and paste this in:- Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.Name = Range("A1").Value End Sub To test this I put the date in cell B2 and this formula into A1:- =TEX...

Converting Text Values to Dates
Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, for example) to valid date format, 8/10/96? I could not get the DATEVALUE function to do this. Hi! Select the range of cells in question. Goto Data>Text to Columns Click NEXT twice Select Column Data Format: DATE. Then choose the format from the drop down Finish Biff "Frank Winston" <FrankWinston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAF0A61-E8A7-4D18-B035-0D475E9A858C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, > for example...

OL2000 Text disappears for certain recipients
Hello, There's been a problem the last few days with the Outlook 2000 in the office I work. Certain users will reply to emails, but only most of the recipients will be to read the reply. Some just see the original message, with the reply text at the top completely gone. This is kind of nerve wrecking, since it's intermittent and not predictable. None of the Outlooks are formatted with rich text, and we use an ISP's email service. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and the OS's are either Win 2000 or XP. Thanks! ...

Can not right click items in Outlook 2003 #2
Hello, Has anyone come across a problem in Outlook 2003 11.6359.6360 SP1 where you can not right click items and get the quick menu items? So for example, if I right click a mail message nothing comes up, versus the reply, mark as read, etc items. Thanks Much Lots of people are reporting it, but we don't have a fix yet. Are you using a script blocker? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

Trouble Installing CRM - SQL Server
The CRM install gets stuck trying to find the SQL Server. Errors: "Can't find" or "SQL Agent must be on" yet it is on - I can SQL ping the server from the CRM server. The CRM admin has top Forest access to the SQL server. I've recycled the SQL services, rebooted booth CRM and SQL servers. Very misterious. Anybody have any ideas? I had some issues with this. I re-installed SQL server. It seems there is any issue with CRM and SQL if you add active directory to a server after you install SQL. "Darryl" wrote: > The CRM install gets stuck trying to...

LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! 05-24-07
Edlite is dedicate to develop comprehensive technology on advertising light-box including LED; CCFL; EEFL and FLUORESCENT series.we already sell numerous light boxes around the world for tradeshow booth or display purpose. More detail.please enter into www.edlite.hk,or send mail to jenny@edlite.hk,or add MSN:madamenihao@hotmail,then we would reply to you at the first time. ...

Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox
I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can' delete it -- PhoenixVP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187101402 PhoenixVPC, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500: > I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't > delete it. Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your system. Delete it an restart OE. Best Regards Christian Goeller -...

substract cell F from cell H and total into cell I
i am new to using excel. i need to be able to put in pay price in cell F and selling price into cell H and get total in cell i. so it would have to substract cell F from cell H and put total into cell i. how do i do this? currency only Assuming your data is in Row 1, put this formula in I1 and press Enter.........be sure and type it just as shown, as the leading equal sign is what tells Excel that the following characters are a formula. =H1-F1 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vadarpug" <vadarpug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:617768AC-D261-47AE-861A-E6BFD...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

XSLT Plain Text is Indented
Hi All, I'm having some trouble getting my XSLT to transform correctly. VS.NET addeds Indentations: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="text" indent="no" /> <xsl:param name="Name"/> <xsl:template match="/"> Hello <xsl:value-of select="$Name" />, We have received your e-mail, and your question is in the process of being routed to the appropriat...

Can I move an old user's email to a public folder?
I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our business. Is this possible? Thank you in advance. Frank On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:47:02 -0700, Zach <zach@news.postalias> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to >a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is >disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our >bu...

Calculate Formulas in Highlighted Cells Only--not whole sheet
In office 97 I was able to recalc only the cells highlighted (control + L) as opposed to the entire sheet or workbook. In Excel 2002, how do I recalc only the cells I have highlighted? Thanks I don't recall this shortcut in xl (any version). I'm guessing that you had a macro that did something special. In xl2002, you could use a macro like this (assigned to ctrl-shift-l) Option Explicit Sub testme() Selection.Calculate End Sub But I think I've read posts that calculating a single range can be bad--it can screw up the calculation dependencies. I think that Charles Will...

Dynamic Range Defined by Value of Cell
I am just getting started with dynamic ranges. I have data as follows: A B C Product1 qty cost Product2 qty cost .... ProductN qty cost TOTAL qtytot costtot The number of products varies. There is other data below this that is unrelated. How can I define a range dynamically that will always capture A:C and as many rows up and including the first time it finds "TOTAL" in column A? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. I don't know what you mean by "define a range" b...

Different formats within the same cell
Hello, i want to enter a word in a cell but only have one of the letter fomatted bold, eg - "wo*r*d" Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Yes. Enter your word into the cell, go to the formulae bar, highlight th letter you want to have in bold and then click on the bold icon. This will format just that letter to bold -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sure. Just edit the word>highlight the letter(s) and change the font,bold,color etc. will NOT work withing a formula. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...