How can i print sequential page numbers 1 to 10, if i have one wo.

I have an excel worksheet that is one page long.  I want to print it 100
times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100.  How do i do this?
0
DJN822 (1)

DJN

Code from Ron de Bruin's site.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print�.htm#number

Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet()
    Dim CopiesCount As Long
    Dim CopieNumber As Long
    CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1)
    For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount
        With ActiveSheet
            'number in cell A1
            '.Range("a1").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount

            'number in the footer
            .PageSetup.LeftFooter = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount

            'Print the sheet
            .PrintOut
        End With
    Next CopieNumber
End Sub

As written above, you will get "page 1 of X" in the footer.

If not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for more on
"getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + R to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:59:06 -0800, DJN822 <DJN822@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have an excel worksheet that is one page long.  I want to print it 100
>times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100.  How do i do this?

0
Gord
3/21/2005 11:12:43 PM
DJN822 wrote:
> I have an excel worksheet that is one page long.  I want to print it 100
> times with page numbers labeling it 1 to 100.  How do i do this?

Or you could go File > Page Setup > Header/Footer tab > Custom Footer
button and select Page Number(the 2nd)button > type "of" > select the
Total Pages button
It will look like this - &[page] of &[pages]

Counting number of X's in a column

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Looking for XPathReader 1.1
Where is XPathReader 1.1 available for download? I have 1.0 and found the 2005 MS announcement for 1.1 but the link was for godotnet which no longer exists. Nothing shows up in a search at the MS download center or Google. Bill ...

Excel 2007

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

can't customize toolbar

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

Number 040
How can I put the numbers starting by zero? I want to put the number 040 as a number but it dont allow me. Any help... -- Drazic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drazic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24602 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381894 to put 040, enter '040 but this converts it to text. Another method would be to enter 40 and then format the cell as custo and enter 000 in the box. Manges -- mangesh_yada ---------------------------------------------...

Can anyone help ?