How can i move a macro from one computer to another

i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel
0
TorToms (1)

Macros live in excel workbooks.

So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it
there.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote:

>Macros live in excel workbooks.
>
>So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it
>there.
>

>TorToms wrote:
>>
>> i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel

0
Gord
9/8/2004 8:52:49 PM
I'm not sure I'd trust the average excel user to know what to do with this,
though.

But if there were only one routine that needed to be shared, I'd use a variation
of Gord's suggestion.

I'd just copy that code into a new workbook's project.  Then save that
workbook.  Then send it off.

Gord Dibben wrote:

> Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it
> to other computer then import to another workbook.
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote:
>
> >Macros live in excel workbooks.
> >
> >So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it
> >there.
> >

> >TorToms wrote:
> >>
> >> i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Can I get rid of browser address line
I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the browser address line at the top and make room for some buttons that actually have importance and are useful. Is it possible? Microsoft thinks that Most Users Prefer(tm) their screen cluttered with all of the useless stuff in Money and the useful stuff gets what's left. Sorry, short of reverting to M04, there's no known workaround. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567538B6-94E2-4EB6-A8C8-C25D07EF9B27@microsoft.com... >I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the brows...

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

SENDOBJECT
I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is working great. I recently got a request from management to send email on behalf of another user, say sales@anycompany.com I know how to do this from within Outlook using the Delegate option in Exchange, The question is: How do I send email using the FROM option that outlook uses in the SendObject ? I would appreciate any information or workaround. thank you. LA lalexander wrote: > I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is > working great. > > I ...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Los Angeles Movers Moving Company in Los Angeles
Los Angeles Movers Moving Company in Los Angeles http://www.mover4u.com all moving services in los angeles. please do not advertise in this group "moneymaker" wrote: > Los Angeles Movers Moving Company in Los Angeles http://www.mover4u.com > all moving services in los angeles. > > I'm pretty sure that is a spam bot. From the amount I've seen of them lately, it's almost got me to block all messages posted through googlegroups. You can try reporting it to groups-abuse@google.com, but it's unlikely they will do much unless they get reports from ma...

Counting specific test in a column in another worksheet that fall between entered dates
Hi, I'm trying to count the amount of times a txt string appears associated with a date on a different worksheet between two separately entered dates on the sheet were the calculation is being performed. Im using this formula but it only returns the 'value if false' even-though the logical test result is true i.e Derbyshire has been entered into the sheet on the 09/09/09 : =IF(('Tests 1'!$D:$D="Derbyshire"),(COUNTIF('Tests 1'!A:A,">="&$N$22)-COUNTIF('Tests 1'!A:A,">"&$O$22)),"") Thanks for any in...

Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell
I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number: I have : column A row1 2 5 8 10 I want: column B column C column D column E row1 2 5 8 10 How do I do it on Excel 2007? thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx Hi, Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space ...

Cash Drawer locked by another application
Hi everyone, I have a MMF cash drawer connected to an Epson TM-T88IV running on RMS 2.0. I've configured the OPOS for both the cash drawer and the receipt printer. Receipt printer works fine, but I can't open the cash drawer. I'm getting error 913: application is locked by another application. Could someone shed some light on how to resolve this issue? Thank you. We've had similar experience ... try powering off everything (PC included) and powering back on. This should kill the application that has locked the drawer. "MB" wrote: > Hi everyone, > ...

How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect. How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells (A21`:H40) only. Thanks. Maperalia In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:- 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 t...

Another Edit Question
I have a form where, at first glance, only 1 field in automatically editable.. What I want is a button that releases all fields to editable mode. If anyone can help I sure appreciate it. Thanks in Advance! What I typically do is to use the controls' TAG property to be able to identify in code those fields I want to lock. I use something like LOCK in that tag and put that in the tag of each control I want to be able to lock and unlock. Then I use this to lock them (usually on the form's On Current event so it starts off locked): Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Contro...

All-In-One Outlook View
I was suprised not to see a view in Outlook where I can see - email, calander and tasks. I can create just about what I need, however, I thought I had seen third party software that can show you everthing on one view ( screen) Ron ...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

Shifting my Office SB 2007 MLK OEM Software on another computer
Hello, I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM Software License. I want to format that PC because I have some OS issue. How can I De-Active that license? can I use that License key after format that PC? Thanks & Regards, Hitesh Prajapati "Hitehs Prajapati" <Hitehs Prajapati@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0133EC1A-50F6-43CD-986A-71AD8E0320FB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have MS Office SB 2007 with Office Professional 2007 Trail With MLK OEM > Software License. > > I want...

XSD One Multiple element question
Hi, I am trying to define a Key element for a vehicle schema. I have three ways to uniquely identify a vehicle such as URN, UnitID and Vin. I'd like to make a rule that ensures that at least one of the three is present, but 2 or all 3 can be present. I tried something like below, but it does not seem valid. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone may be able to provide. Portion of schema is posted below. Hopefully it gives some idea as to what I am trying to accomplish. Best regards, Victor <xs:complexType name="VehKeyType"> <xs:choice> <xs:seq...

using data from another cell
I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another cell locate in the same row where. Can some one help me? Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows: Name is typed in: A1 List of names and values in: C1:D10 =VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE) "leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OiO5fCTWDHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different > column) if the same name is there, and if it is t...

Error message: Macros in this project are disabled
I am trying to run a module in Access 2007. I receive a message, "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." The host application is Access 2007. So I go to the Trust Center in Access Options. I select "enable all macros." I try to run a module. I receive a message, "The macros in this project are disabled..." Any suggestions? On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:19:02 -0800, richard lewis <richardlewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying t...

Bulk attachments

Macro-separate different dates with two grey rows
Excel 2000: In column B, there are about 200 rows with dates. The sheet is sorted by date. The dates have a range of about 3 weeks. There may be between 1 and 35 rows with the same date. Is there a way to automatically insert 2 grey rows between the different dates? Example: I enter 21april in row 1, then 22april in row 2, and 2 grey rows separate automatically. Joe Hi Joe try the following macro Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, &...

Move cells down to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7...

Can't view HTML emails in Outlook 2002
I receive daily new articles from Cnet, up until the last few weeks they have been coming across in HTML format, recently they have changed to text format and are unreadable. Nothing has changed within Outlook or my system for that matter, but I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue, I have gone into the Outlook 2002 setting and can't find anything that could be causng this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Can not copy a worksheet to another workbook
Hi, I am currently using Excel 2003, I have a 3.11mb file with about 20 worksheets, this file has been around much longer than I have. Every month I would copy 4 worksheets to another workbook. This month I am no longer able to do this, I right click the tab, and choose move or copy, and choose the workbook, and check create a copy, nothing will happen, it does not matter if I right click on the worksheet tab or use the Edit menu. It will let me move the worksheet, but it will not allow me to copy it. I got an error message on named ranges (saying they already exist) when I moved it...

Can I create custom theme fonts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a variety of office documents where the fonts that I use are not available in any of the theme fonts. I would like to be able to modify the standard fonts that are part of a theme the same way that I can modify the colors that are part of that theme. I've searched Help and the web to no avail, so I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist. ...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

simple can't find form question
I have a form with some simple code behind it which reads like this: with Forms![frmNextFixtureTypeOption] .[lblNextAlpha].Caption = strNextAlpha .[lblNextNumeric].Caption = strNextNumeric end with stDocName = "frmNextFixtureTypeOption" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria the second part (where I open the form) works fine, but the first (where I set the caption for 2 of the controls) does not - it returns an error "can't find form"... as always, many thanks in advance, mark O...

tab key freezes, hangs computer
When I use the tab key to move from field to field in Outlook, my computer hangs up - it just freezes. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...