How can I merge two sheets?

Hi, I could use some help with the following problem. I have two
sheets which I need to merge into a third.

Sheet 1 (Sold):
DATE       AMOUNT
01-Jan-04  8
02-Jan-04  6
05-Jan-04  8

Sheet 2 (Bought)
DATE       AMOUNT
01-Jan-04  8
02-Jan-04  6
03-Jan-04  8

Combine into this sheet:
DATE       BOUGHT  SOLD
01-Jan-04  8        8
02-Jan-04  6        6
03-Jan-04  8        0
05-Jan-04  0        8

So this new sheet contains a row for each date that is in either of
the two sources.

Thanks for your help.

Hi
if this is a one-time operation you may try the following:
- create a new sheet and copy column A (the dates of both
sheets (Sold + Bought) into this new sheet directly below
each other
- select the date range on this new sheet and goto 'data -
filter - Advanced Filter'. Check 'Unique Values' and
create a new list of only unique dates.
- Use this newly created list, sort if (it you like)

Now add the following two formulas in the second row
assumption: row 1 is a heading row):
B2:
=VLOOKUP(A2,'Bought'!$A$1:$B$1000,2,0)

C2:
=VLOOKUP(A2,'Sold'!$A$1:$B$1000,2,0)
copy both formulas down.

After this you may select column B+C, copy them and insert
them again as values (Edit - Paste special) to remove the
formulas

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Upload Mail Merge Template
I am having problems uploading word mail merge templates into CRM. From outlook I lick the mail merge options, which opens word. I can then create my document, go through the mail merge, and at the end there is an option to 'Ipload Template to CRM' When I click on this I am asked if I want to upload the template into CRM, once I click yes nothing happens. I have tried this on a number of machines, an a number of users (including System Administrator). I have managed to get it to work on ONE machine only, all the others in the network do not work. All the client machines are Wi...

Can't open a form
I posted this in the Outlook boards and got no answer. I may have found the reason. If I open Outlook to the .pst file I can create an appointment. It is only when trying to connect to Exchange I have a problem. So I think this may be a server side issue. Another point. My laptop runs Outlook 2k. I just tried making an appointment in O2K, which I could do. So now I am not sure if it is server side or not. When trying to open an appointment form by any method I get the following message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." Yes it ...

paste special | values should work with merged cells
When you use past special | values, and try to paste a large bunch of data with merged cells into another sheet, it will not let you paste just the values. This requires un-merging the cells. The problem that I have with this, is that the error message makes NO sense. It says "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized". Well, guess what? They are!!! I just copied them in from another worksheet. I even used paste special | column widths to ensure that the were indeed the same size. I don't understand what the big deal is anyway? If Excel can ...

how can I exceed the nested if fuction limit #2
I am trying to create a validation for a column based off of the previous columns value, which reqires many nested if functions, (10 to be exact). However the limit of 7 nested if function prevents me from being able to do this. With all the amazing things that excel can do, there has to be some sort of work-around for this. Any ideas? Usually the best alternative is to use a Lookup function, however, without more details its hard to give a fuller explanation. _____________________ Naz London "mgdye" wrote: > I am trying to create a validation for a column based off o...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Office 2008 doesn't install
Hi,<br> <br> when I tried to install it said it can't find software to install, just after choosing the install location. what's going on? I have office 2004 installed. problem solved - I had to change the system language to english before installing! ...

how do I achieve my xl spread sheet in Alphabetical order
how do I structure my spread sheet to decend Alphabetical. Select all cells in all columns that are related and use Data Sort, then identify the column you want to sort by and choose the Descending option, click OK. "Generous" wrote: > how do I structure my spread sheet to decend Alphabetical. ...

You Can Delete a Closed MO
We are running GP Dynamics 10.00.1301 and discovered that an user can delete a closed MO from the Manufacturing Order Entry screen. This is how it happens. If you enter the MO #, no not hit [tab] then click Delete it deletes the MO. The Delete button needs some validation code. I’m going to open a ticket with Microsoft to report the bug. I'll keep you posted. i have seen this before and i dont see it as a bug, there is also an option on the routines section to clear, remove all closed MO's from the system The MO entry screen is used to create/update/delete open MOs not close...

Help! Can't boot even to safe mode. Can't re-install OS. 0xc000
Hi all, I'm hoping some experts are on the discussion group here because I am getting close to a dead end. I am trying to help a friend restore his Windows XP installation. It's a real doozie. He has a very expensive CAD program on it and wants to avoid at all costs wiping the hard drive clean and losing the program -- for which he has no installation software... (I know, that was a dumb thing to lose the installation software, but it's been my experience that it's all too common among the non-geek population...) --This is a Dell laptop, but there is no re...

Using both Landscape and Portrait page formats in the same sheet.
Hello, Would anyone happen to know how to change the formatting of pages in a worksheet to allow the printing of both landscape and portrait pages without having to cut and paste pieces of the data into another sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ps. I know that Word does this task. So is there something available in Excel. I think what you're trying to do is print several different sections i the same sheet, some portrait, some landscape. The easiest way to do this is, for each page or section that you wan to print, create a "Custom view" All printing information...

Copy checkboxes to another sheet
Hi all, I have a very large workbook with many tabs(each tab is a checklist with check boxes that was pulled from the main sheet according to an ID that was given to each line item). What I am trying to do is once the checkbox on the checklist tabs are checked I need the checkbox on the main sheet to automatically show checked as well for checked items. Is this possible? Does it matter which checkbox toolbar I should use. (Control toolbar or Forms toolbar). I am currently having trouble inserting the control toolbar checkboxes through ROW 2000 on each tab. I lock up and can't save...

Entourage 2008 to Exchange 2003 calendar synch issue -- can it be automated?

Can't calculate the result if all cash flow are negative in XIRR
Dear all, I'm using Excel 97. I knew that XIRR only support more than one of cash flow is positive and negative. But anyone know is there other workaround to solve it ? Many Thanks Best Rdgs Ellis ...

Mail Merge #13
I am using outlook 2003 and word 2003 I want to get my contacts/address book from outlook through word into a document. I go through the process of mail merge and pick outlook data base. but it does not show my address book that is located in my public Folder in outlook. I have tried to change the properties/outlook address book/show this folder as an e-mail Address book in both administrator and my own log in. Also have given owner permissions. I need help. Suggestions? To merge from a PF you need to start the merge in outlook. Open the folder then go to Tools, Mail merge. if you nee...

Adjusting row heights and column widths to align with another sheet
Hi, A workbook has sheets containing printable reports. All have identical columns and widths. After experimenting, I have arrived at an ideal row heights and column widths for one of the sheets. I now need to adjust the other sheet to the same heights and widths. Any way to do this using VBA or through the user interface? Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj It seems like this is a one off so all you need to do is select the worksheet with the correct column widths and row heights then hold the Ctrl key while you click on the other worksheet tabs. (this selects mul...

can't open mny2005 file in MSmoney2008
I'm at my wits end! could anyone please help??here is my problem. I have been using money since 6.0 (1998). Every year i have been creating new seperate files. 98,99,2000.2001,2002,2003 etc. I have since upgraded to MSMONEY 2005 (14.0.120.xxxx) which is the US version. We had to format the computer because of a crash. Fortunately, we backup the mny files. We were able to open ALL the files in MSMONEY 2005 (thus being able to convert them to the MNY2005 version). As microsoft is ending production of MSMONEY we decided to move to QUICKEN. Knowing there is a built-i...

How can I use a cell reference in Sumproduct array formula?
I have a table with dates down the and employee numbers across the top. I have SUMPRODUCT formulas in all the cells to gather data from named arrays from a database in the spreadsheet. I'd like to avoid munually changing (either individually or with REPLACE) date and employee number references in each formula in each cell. my formula looks like: {=SUMPRODUCT((Date=DATEVALUE("11/4/04"))*(Audempno=33758)*(Units))} also, I used a previous suggestion from this forum on another similar spreadsheet (successfully...for fiscal 3/05)with copying the whole spreadsheet and changing the d...

Change Event can't reference .text property
Hello, I have a procedure to set the RecordSource of a form in the AfterUpdate event of a ComboBox. Using the Change event of the came Combobox I want the AfterUpdate event to run when the user hits the delete key to clear the ComboBox value. Here is the method. I moved the code to a button hoping I could resolve this. Private Sub TruckFilter_Change() If TempVars("aUpdate") = False And [TruckFilter].Text = "" Then [TruckFilter] = Null Call RunFilterCode_Click End If TempVars("aUpdate") = False 'This variable is set to true in the AfterUpdate ev...

Two Gales for seperate domains
We will be hosting another domain soon. Is it possable to create two seperate GALS? One for each domain? I have benn messing with creating address list but have not been successful when I applie my filter no users show up under details and I never see the list appear in outlook. If any one has a good web site that explains this please let me know TIA josh This is a good article to start with: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822940/en-us Nue "Josh" <jsawyer@insightbbb.com> wrote in message news:uxPKMsBkGHA.4660@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > We will be hosting anoth...

Can't move from one cell and/or enter any data, or exit wksht...
My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be overcome? Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the worksheet...any help? Has your PC possibly locked up? If so hit Control - Alt - Delete, go to the task manager, and shut down the program. Then, go back into Excel to see if you have normal functions now. "Stuck in One cell" wrote: > My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has > happened and how does one undo the pr...

can't convert previous version of money file?
I was running Money 2000 for a years and, now I'd like to run Money 2003 with my old data(file), but I can't. Reason for that is when I open Money 20003 and try to upgrade or convert a file, Money is giving me an error; "File was created in incompatible version,can't open money file".I don't wan't to start all over again.with entering my data. Is that a bug in a program or some trick to conver a file? Please let me know. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Boris wrote: >I was running Money 2000 for a years and, now I'd like to >run Money 2003 wit...

Hiding and protecting a sheet
I know how to protect a spreadsheet but is there anyway to protect a spreadsheet, hide it and not allow someone else to unhide the spreadsheet? I am using Excel 2000. Thank you. Hide with code using xlveryhidden. Then it can only be unhidden with code. Hide the code. Not foolproof but will stop most end users. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Cardinal" <john.menken@ceridian.com> wrote in message news:b07c559d-02dc-4038-89d3-20b53bd879e3@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I know how to protect a spreadsheet but is there anyway...

Lookup a value across sheets
I have a master sheet of workers names, the names are in the A column. in the B colm i want a formula that will go thru department sheets an find the name in A, and return the value in c1 on that sheet whic contains the department name. Master Sheet cell a2 Joe Smith cell a3 (returns the word HR) HR sheet cell a12 Joe Smith Cell c1 HR RD Sheet cell a2 Allie Jones cell c1 RD Does this make sense? I trying to use Index and a function called Threed to no avail Thanks, Spide -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is ThreeD a UDF written in VBA? If so, can you post it? You may n...

two condition formula
I am trying to count column "a" when a condition is true and then count column "j" when the number is a negative. I have tried =COUNTIF(B9:B23,"=COMP")+COUNTIF(J7:J22,""<0) but I do not get the answer it should be. Column "b is words and column "J is number that are negative so that why I choose <0. Column B will have multiple names and column J is the difference in late days. Hi Linda Try the below =SUMPRODUCT((B9:B23="COMP")*(J9:J23<0)) If you are using XL2007 try help on COUNTIFS() -- Jaco...

Can I transfer data from and excell spreadsheet to print labels u.
Please include your FULL question in the text body, even if it repeats what is in the subject. Subject is generally ignored when reading the actual question. Please use correct spelling and capitalization for Excel. Excel does not provide decent facilities for printing labels, while there are other solutions, the normal one is to use "Mail Merge" in Word to print using the first Excel worksheet as the database; http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvp...