how can i make a in-process report that can be accessed by severa.

i need to set up an in-process report that can be accessed by several users
at once, in which every user can input data without shutting down the
workbooks on the remaining computer so that the one user can do his inputting.
0
Tim6814 (325)

Hi
you could use 'Tools - share workbook'

BUT:
- several functions are then no longer available (see Excêl's help for
details'
- IMHO Excel is NOT designed for multi-user access. Use a database
application instead

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> i need to set up an in-process report that can be accessed by several
users
> at once, in which every user can input data without shutting down the
> workbooks on the remaining computer so that the one user can do his
inputting.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

Junk Mail Filter
Environment: WinXP, Outlook 2003, both SP2/fully patched. Symptom: Some messages are incorrectly identified as Junk, even after both the Sender and the Sender's Domain have been added to the Safe Sender's list. This is verified by reviewing the Safe Senders list. The entries are not on the Blocked Senders list. One is an English language message from Germany. The ..DE domain is permitted, and confirmed on the International tab of Junk E-mail options. The protection level option is set to, Low. One of the messages is a Microsoft newsletter... Questions: 1. Why? 2. What...

Using a Total from a Sub Report
I have a report for Orders, and a subreport for each Order for Invoices. The subreport shows the total amount for Invoices against each Order. The Orders are grouped by Area. On the Area header/footer I have an Order total. I now want to show the total of ALL Invoices by the Order total. Please can someone tell me as simply as possible how to do this? For ease I will call my main report ORDERS and my subreport INVOICES. Any help is greatly appreciated - I have searched through relevant questions but have not found an expression that works! I would create a totals query t...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't connect with MSN Messenger on Mac OS X
I have a G5 with the latest version of OS X. I installed Office for OSX and every app works fine. Machine is connected to the Internet and browsing and email are flawless. When I run Messenger and try to sign in it immediately returns with an error saying that it can't connet since either MSN service is down or machine is not connected to the Internet. I checked my Passport login and it works perfectly from the MSN site. Any idea about what's going on? Thanks, -Vlad Vlad Vinogradsky <vvinogra@speakeasy.net> wrote: Hi Vlad, > I have a G5 with the latest version ...

Custom report 01-28-10
I am still getting below error '' error reading report file c:/programefiles/microsoft retail management system/storeoprations/report/custom-detail sales with tax collected.grp at line #244(transaction.saletax/(transaction entry.price*transaction entry.qty))end'' -- Thank You Harjit Singh SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 Fax; 209-498-3660 Altavillemarket1@att.net Gill - the syntax is not right. On your error message, there's syntax that doesn't apply to the tables, such as "...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

Report Options
Hi Everyone, Using Excel 2003. I usually use excel to make forms (glorified word processing) I have recently started to paste data from an Access database tables, and queries into excel. I would like to know how I should set up my spreadsheet to show my data by month, quarter and then yearly. I want my report to show an average percent for the month of April, May, etc then other cells that show the percent per quarter. I don't necessarily need you to tell me how to do it step by step because I think it is going to be alot of steps. For right now, I have 2 sheets and ...

print report according to value field
I am trying to print a report depending on a the field "OrderQty". i did created the code with the print command and the criteria and it looks like this: DoCmd.OpenReport "rptProduction", acViewPreview, WhereCondition:=strWhere, OpenArgs:=strDescrip DoCmd.PrintOut , , , , [OrderQty] however, it give me an error saying, that "|" field is not found. i looked through the code and tested the code, by putting 1 or 2 in place of OrderQty and it prints fine, that means to me that it's not the code and i looked to through the Query that the source of that R...

Designing a report based on a crosstabe
Hello! Hope someone can help cause this is getting into my nerves... I have a crosstabe that I run with a parameter for "date of sales". Date of Sale is my column and the results are showed per month. So I run the query and set the dates from 01/jan/07 to 31/july/07 and the query returns the 7 months I want (mm/yy). How could I design a report that that would run with various parameters? From what I understood so far, the field in the report must necessarily have the name of the result achieved (ex. 01/07, 02/07, 03/07...). Hope I made myself understandable... Cheers everyon...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

How do I make footnotes appear on each page (cross ref)?
I have cross referenced several footnotes throughout my document. Is there a way to display the footnote on each page where it is referenced? For example, if footnote 2 is on page 4 and I have cross referenced it again on page 10, it is possible to display the footnote text again on page 10? Not without creating a new footnote, no. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lapple" <lapple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:392F1F11-6EFB-49E7-9348-FDE7CA6A0E4D@microsoft.com... &g...

The merge process detected a mismatch ....
I receive the following message when going offline: "The merge process detected a mismatch ..." I can't read the rest because it goes by too fast. I am finding that contacts and appointments created in MS CRM are not syncing to outlook. Can someone please help? Thanks. There might be more information in the Event Viewer. Please take a look there and post the error here. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen "Goodloe White" wrote: > I receive the following message when going offline: "The merge process > detected a mismatch ..." I can't ...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

Need help mutiple worksheets to create a report worksheet
I hope someone can help me I have just started with a reasonably large homeless organisation where they collect large amounts of statistical data using excell. There are 25 induvidual services hence 25 induvidual data sets. Each set essentially contains the 1. a referral worksheet - name date etc (Monthly Tally of referals) 2. an induvidual stats sheet a variety of data (for each referal that becomes a client) 3. an occupancy stats sheet (Like a tally sheet 1 counts for each day + a Bfwd and Cfwd column) 4. a monthly summary report (combines data from all) Whilst a Database comes to mind ...

Report Manager #4
Hi I have created a cusomised toolbar but when I customise the toolbar I cannot find "Report Manager" anywhere to add to it. The odd thing is that it is on the main menu but does not appear in the customisable dialogue box. Does anyone know where to find it, so I can put it on my toolbar. Cheers -- All help much appreciated. Thanks I'm guessing you created this customized toolbar manually (not by code). If that's the case and you have "report manager" under the existing tools menu already (or is it under Data???). Tools|Customize (just to see that dialog ...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

mySQL datetime field reports as Long Integer with ODBC
I'm using Access 2003 as a reporting tool against a mySQL database, connecting with the mySQL ODBC driver 3.51.17. The ODBC driver reports every datetime field as a Long Integer in Access. This makes date operations problematic. I notice an interesting post in this forum from 2005 that would work fine ("Convert UNIX time to windows general date"), but using a function with every row seems like an unnecessary performance hit. Also, it seems counter-intuitive that the driver doesn't recognize the correct field type. The problem looks suspiciously like the mySQL bug rep...