How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?

I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each
other.
0
Kathy1 (132)

I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're
trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to
>each
> other.

0
ng1 (1444)
10/26/2005 10:36:23 PM
Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has
additional employee numbers, and Column C has employee social security
numbers.  If column A and B have the same number, line them up and if not put
in a blank cell.  Hopefully that makes sense.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

> I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're
> trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up?
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>
> "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to
> >each
> > other.

0
Kathy1 (132)
10/26/2005 10:57:06 PM
Hi Kathy

On another Sheet, Sheet2, copy all of Sheet1 Column B to Sheet2 Column A as
this column contains the most names.
On Sheet2 in cell B1 enter
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,1,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,1,0))
On Sheet2 in cell C1 enter
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,3,0)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:A,3,0))
Copy down for the maximum number of rows in column A of Sheet2

Once complete, copy the complete range of data and Paste Special>Values over
the top of the 3 columns to "fix" the data. You can then delete Sheet1 once
you are satisfied that all of the data has come across successfully.

Regards

Roger Govier

Kathy wrote:
> Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has
> additional employee numbers, and Column C has employee social security
> numbers.  If column A and B have the same number, line them up and if not put
> in a blank cell.  Hopefully that makes sense.
>

> "Anne Troy" wrote:
>

>>I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're
>>trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up?
>>************
>>Anne Troy
>>www.OfficeArticles.com
>>
>>"Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to
>>>each
>>>other.

0
roger1272 (620)

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Counting number of X's in a column

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

can't customize toolbar

Can anyone help ?

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article in CRM 3.
Why can't I edit the Schema for a Knowledge Base Article? It seems to me that you could do this in 1.2. I just want to add some custom fields. ...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

Workbook_Open Help #2
Hello Frank, Here's the code Private Sub Workbook_Open() ' Call Unhide_Sheets ' Sheets("CONTROLPANEL").Select Range("A1").Select Call Splash End Su -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26252 Hi and there's no application.screenupdating=false statement in your unhide procedure? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Fable" <Fable.1d07w...

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

CRM 1.2 12-02-05
I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start the application if I log onto the server usind the server administrator account. If I try to access using a domain users account I just get a page cannot be displayed error, could somebody please help... Have you added the appropriate domain users as crm users using the deployment manager? "Redders" <Redders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D80FF8B4-78F1-4334-ACB5-2F772F0CF3B6@microsoft.com... > I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. Problem is I can only start >...