I am trying to create a spreadsheet for a high school class.  I need to be
able to track when a student has entered data into specific cells of the
spreadsheet.  Any ideas?

In the code behind the worksheet, enter (eg)

Cells(1, 1).Value = Now()
End Sub

This will enter in Cell A1 the date and time at which any entry is made in
that worksheet.
If you need the location of the time-stamp to vary according to which cell
is changed then you can test the value of Target and vary the destination
cell accordingly.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears
"Mike C." <Mike C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a spreadsheet for a high school class.  I need to be
> able to track when a student has entered data into specific cells of the
> spreadsheet.  Any ideas?

0
mind-the-gap (250)
9/10/2004 6:01:22 PM
Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Mike C. wrote:
> I am trying to create a spreadsheet for a high school class.  I need
> to be able to track when a student has entered data into specific
> cells of the spreadsheet.  Any ideas?
0
frank.kabel (11126)

data input in text box

Timed Rental
Retail Management Systems Ltd. has just released a new addon for Timed Rental. RMS TimeZone allows you to rent out 'zones'. The easy thing is, you decide what a zone is. Whether you own a golf dome, billiard hall, shooting range (see list below for many other industries) you have the power to specify base pricing, minimum times, and additional per minute pricing. The visual interface tells the employees which zones are occupied/rented, by which customer, and how long the zone has been in use. TimeZone supports an unlimited number of zones. This add-on provides easy to use mouse...

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

MS Money 95 data files

can't customize toolbar

Sorting Data #5

Time differances
1 have 4 boxes start time end time lunch hours worked 09:00 17:00 1.00 7:00 09:00 17:00 0.30 7:70 (should be 7:50) (B3-A3)*24-C3 How do I make it 9.5 hours by changing forumla Thanks Trever, =(B3-A3)*24-C3*24 Format for General, Number, or anything except Date/Time. Format - Cells - Number. You'll get 7.5. If you got 7:50, as you requested, it would look like hours and minutes. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Trever B" <TreverB@discussions.microsoft.c...

Can anyone help ?

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

formating date from general2 custom
I have an input xls file with the date but like this: Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 I need to have just following format dd/mm/yyyy I tried to format it using Format->Cells->Date or Format->Cells- >Custom but this is failing. Nothing changed. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. Vlad <vladimir.vaynshtok@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1013b138-352b-4799-81ba-9508b74a1850@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have an input xls file with the date but like this: > > Wed May 14 00:00:00 GMT-05:00 2008 > > I need to have just following format > > d...

Font dosen't revert back to original after typing in date
Example I n my text I type I have December 28th The th automatically reduces to a much smaller font and once you hit the sapce bar to continue it reverts back to the larger font. It only does this some of times, why is this being so inconsistent?. I refortmated my comp. last week and when I reinstalled office I was hoping this inconsistent problem would have been resloved, but no 2nd question please. When I post a question in "discussion group" and check the box "Notify me of Replies" I never receice a reply to my question I then have to go back to ...

Looking for help on timing within a function
At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes. They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of the database to show how long they have been working on the current work order, updating each time they sing out another order. I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work being done? Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done. In this ex...