how can I keep a tab in place?

I have workbooks with multiple worksheets.  I would like to keep the summary
tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it
without using the l<, <, >, >l  (arrow) tabs.
I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I
can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much.

Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure)
Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have workbooks with multiple worksheets.  I would like to keep the
>summary
> tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find
> it
> without using the l<, <, >, >l  (arrow) tabs.
> I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know
> can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much.

0
Luke

How can I insert a check box field?
I have not created a form in a long time. It used to be: Insert Form Field/Check box, and THERE it was! ....Now, with Word 2007, I cant figure it out. I've gone into Insert/Quick Parts/Field... and I'm lost after that. Help!!! On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:17:01 -0800, DPOOL <DPOOL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have not created a form in a long time. It used to be: Insert Form >Field/Check box, and THERE it was! ....Now, with Word 2007, I cant figure it >out. I've gone into Insert/Quick Parts/Field... and I'm lost after that. >Help!!! ...

Project manager can see all projects in project center .
I set these permission in My Projects Category. and want that every project manager can see his own project on project center. but one project manager can see all projects which is wrong according to these permissions. and other project managers are watching only their own projects. Only the projects indicated. The User is the Project Owner or the User is the Status Manager on assinments within that project. The User is on that project's Project Team. tell me solution as soon as possible. Hi Sam, It is likely that your PM is also a member of another group, eg Exec...

How can I create a 4D chart in excel?
Hi I need to present following data on the graph, so that it shows level, month (divided into quarters) and both genders. What would be the smartest way? Level Month Male Female 54 Q1 1 2 Q2 3 3 January 0 5 55 Q1 0 0 Q2 0 0 January 3 8 56 Q1 3 3 Q2 3 3 January 0 0 Thanks, Anneli ...

How can I export my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007
I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007. How can I do this? Thanks, Vincenzo What does Windows Mail support? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Vincenzo asked: | I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. | However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook ...

error calendar folder can't be found
i have an issue that when i invite her/him for meeting request and she/he tried to accept the meeting she/him will get "calendar folder can't not be found", client version is outlook 2000 and outlook 2003.. i think it is freebusy issue but what do i need to do to solve it ? all users all in same sites and in some cases, is on same server. ...

Can't delete security.config.cch
Hi all, While trying to update the "Default Profile" on a Terminal Server, I am told that I cannot delete the old profile. This is because, even as Administrator, I do not have access to delete the file "security.config.cch". Here's the full path: C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.42\security.config.cch This is preventing me from doing "profile" updates as new software is added and/or older version removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Tim. ...

How can I regain a sign in box for my Outlook
I used to be able to sign in to Outlook but the sign in box does not appear any longer, I have tried repairing Outlook twice from its disk and it says it has been successfully repaired but still there is no sign in box so I feel vulnerable without protection Signing in doesnt give you any protection, just means someone else cannot retrieve your mail on your PC. There are two places for passwords; you can password protect your set of Personal Folders (within Outlook), which means there will be no access to outlook data untill you enter the password; or in your email account s...

Can't get Vista recovery CD to recognize installation
I'm trying to get a Powerspec B647 Vista64 Business PC to boot. After booting to the Vista Recovery CD and choosing to repair, the process can't find any installed O/S. So I press the Load Drivers button to load the B647 RAID controller drivers, which I downloaded from Powerspec to my flash drive. After pointing it to the "sataraid" folder, the system installs some controllers and drivers but still doesn't find my Vista installation afterwards. Even worse, the C drive letter is given to one of the removable media drives. After pressing the Next button I'...

Table modification : You can't open the table for modification
Hi, I tried to add a new column for my table in dsign view. I get this message when i open it for design. The database was actually converted from Access 97 to 2003. Please help. it urgent. Thanks in advance. Regards, Surya -- Suryanarayana Bollapragada ...

can't receive e-mail via outlook express
Starting in Dec. 2003, I've had trouble receiving mail from Cost Rica and now from friends in the States. They can receive my mail but when they reply or type in my address to respond, I cannot receive their mail. I call Verizon who's my internet provider to ask for help and after many test they concluded that it must be an Outlook Express problem. I tried to send myself 7 e-mail test and all faid but one. When I checked the sent box, their listed but none make it to my computer. Please advise, Mike Cesario This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office fa...

Outlook 2003 can't view public calendar appointments
Here is the situation. We recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to 2003 enterprise. Additionally, we are in the process of updgrading from office 2000 to office 2003. Now, here is the problem. In Outlook 2000, I can see a public calendar's appointments. When I upgrade to 2003, I can no longer see those appointments. Looking at the system manager for exchange, I can't see the appointments either but, I know it has them because there are numerous items in it (per the system manager). Any ideas? ...

faq after "." , the member can not display, why?
Hi, When I use a dll in my mfc exe (surely , I add the lib file to my project and copy the lib and dll to the project directory). But when I define a member type of the Class in the dll, my code does not display right after the m_mg.??? What's wrong? Thank you all. You would have to add the source for the library to your project for Intellisense to use it. Tom "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:%23tz2BzYSGHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > When I use a dll in my mfc exe (surely , I add the lib file to my > project and copy the ...

users can't send to public folder for Exchange 2000
As an administrator I am able to send emails to the public folder I have setup. User's get the message bounced back for the email. I have looked all over the place and can't find the permissions setting that is needed so that everyone can send to this email. I am sure it is an easy fix, so if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! Thanks McGraw wrote: > As an administrator I am able to send emails to the public folder I > have setup. User's get the message bounced back for the email. > > I have looked all over the place and can'...

emailed with too many attachments. Not completed can't cancel
Tried to send photos on attachments. think I have sent too many! The email has partially been sent and stopped - am unable to open email in sent box to enable me to cancel it and start again. Am a novice so would appreciate any helpful suggestions as to where I go now! Regards Hi foxewe have a look on this site: "How to troubleshoot e-mail messages that are stuck in your Outbox" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262052/en-us To send several files: Create a folder on the desktop. Move the files into this folder and compress this folder with a tool like "Winzip" or "...

Message in Unread box can not be deleted
There is a message stuck in my Unread Messages box (Outlook 2003). I can not read it, delete it, move it, or anything else. The message does not appear in my Inbox. It is like it got deleted from the Inbox but not the Unread Messages Box. Any way to fix this? Froggie ...

I Can't Send Messages
I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do. I have been trying to send messages all morining and it won't work. I read the discussion boards and changed my port from 25 to 587 and I am still getting this error What can I do? The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Shecky's Girl's Night Out Winner' Server: 'mail.vpowermovement.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 587 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Has this ever worked? All I can find for V-Power Movement doesn't mention anything about bei...

Can I use an animated graphic in Excel 2002?
We are trying to use an alert, animated graphic in our document when a certain condition exists. For example, if a home is not ready to close, then we want an animated graphic to appear (it is alert.gif graphic). Any ideas? ...

How can I change the date range in a calendar object
I have a newsletter that I created in Pub 2003 with a calendar on one page. I was able to click on the calendar, then use the "change date range" to change the month. When I upgraded to Office 2007, that capability is gone. How can I change the calendar without deleting the object and reinserting it for the new month? You can't. Unfortunately the wizards are gone in all the Design Gallery objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob N" <BobN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7893B67C-9B2D-4B79-B59C-244E7B0D274C@microsoft.com... >I...

where can I download my paid subscripiton version of Outlook Live
joe wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as it gets truncated like yours has Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm ...

How can I delete the product list pages?
I am in the process of building my site with Microsoft Office Publisher. How can I go back and delete all the product list pages without having to start building the site all over? C.J. Please note that the Publisher Community has four forums based on functionality. As such web site issues belong in the web design forum. You can reference http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm Remove a page from the web publication using Edit, Delete page. -- David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Concealed Jewel" wrote: > I am in the proces...

When Using a PropertySheet in Wizard Mode Can we Change the Order of sheets at runtime
Hey Friends I am creating a Wizard Using Property Sheet According to User Selection of Data in First Page I want that only one of the PropertySheet should be visible with a Fnish Button But I have added 4 More Property Pages Whereas i want only one of them to appear. Take a look at the CPropertySheet::SetActivePage() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OaKnxZauDHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends > > I am creating a Wizard Using Prop...

Can't logon Outlook 2002 to Exchange with a good account
Can setup a good users account on an XP pro computer, but one one XP pro computer the account will not work. Message received: Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domai username, password and domain are ok and will work on other XP pro computers, but another, where it worked before. ??????????????? Are you logging in locally? Is name resolution working? What's the domain topology look like? Al "BDS" <bds@trl.com> wrote in message news:0c4d01c34613$dcd8e230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can setup a good users account on an X...

Mr. Kabel, Can you help me with this?
Going back to the question about making a cell show an X just by clicking on it. Can you walk me through the steps with programming the cell to do this. Came we talk thru reg. e-mail? leeandrebecca@cox.net thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo sub_exit If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then With Target If .Value = "a" Then .Value = "" Else .Value = "a" .Font.Name = ...

Can not open files in Excel directly, it needs to open Excel first
When i make double click on Excel files it open excel but not the file, the workaraund is open Excel first, the menu-file-open. How i can fix it. thanks Big Problem on the moment<g> Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. (unregserver is not always needed) 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regser...

Can I install excel on PC using windows XP Home version?
Can I install excel on PC using windows XP Home version? Certainly. I'm running Excel XP with Windows XP Home as the OS. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Mark" <Enterprise42@msn.com> wrote in message news:060b01c371b4$62a7ec50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I install excel on PC using windows XP Home version? "Mark" wrote... >Can I install excel on PC using windows XP Home version? As long as you do it from an account with Administrator priviledges, such as the Owner account. This assumes a 32-bit version of Excel. Excel 5 or earli...