How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo

Any ideas on how to do this?
I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer
However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this
just wont get done).
0
gw (8)

Hi
only possible with VBA using an event procedure. e.g. put the following code
in your workbook module for cell A1
Dim wkSht As Worksheet
   For Each wkSht In Me.Worksheets
     With wkSht.PageSetup
         .CenterFooter = wksht.range("A1").value
      End With
   Next wkSht
End Sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

GW wrote:
> Any ideas on how to do this?
> I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the
> footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer
> (because this just wont get done).

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Problem inserting a node with a namespace
This is so silly I must be doing something wrong! I need to insert (using VB.NET) a new node in a DOM; node has a namespace. I first create, under programme, basic structure, starting thus: <rdf:RDF xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:prism="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/basic/" xmlns:pcv="http://prismstandard.org/namespaces/1.2/pcv/"> Then I attempt to add a node with rdf namespace prefix. My call in skeleton is: CreateElement("rdf", "subje...

Can't re-enable microphone array
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out how to get it back. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Gary ...

Can I make a row "float"?
I would like to make a row float. So if I scroll down to row 211 or whatever, I will have one row tha will always be on top no matter how far down I scroll. Thanks in advance. dvcrogers@sbcglobal.ne -- dvcroger ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dvcrogers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52413 Say you want row 4 to freeze Select row 4, then go to window and freez -- davesexce --------------------------------------------------------...

Counting occurences of codes in cells
I have a spreadsheet with various codes separated by periods, in a single cell. Like: C T C,R T,C,R R and so forth. It's easy to count the single codes but how do I cound the "C" when it's with another character? There must be a simple way, without writing code, to do this. Is there? Thanks! maybe... =countif(a1:a10,"*" & "c" & "*") or =countif(a1:a10,"*c*") or if x99 contained the letter c. =countif(a1:a10,"*" & x99 & "*") salgud wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with various codes separa...

a globally shared variable among dlls?
Hi, I know it sounds against the object oriented concept. Is it possible to share a global variable among dlls? I am a OO faithful guy. However, in some very rare situations, a globally shared variable among dlls is a good solution to reduce complexity, if it's possible. Thanks. JD >I know it sounds against the object oriented concept. Is it possible to >share a global variable among dlls? Yes, it's possible to export/import a variable. In the MSDN topic titled "INFO: Using _declspec(dllimport) & _declspec(dllexport) in Code" see the section "U...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

insert password using vb
I have multi worksheets in a template with formulas. I can hide th formulas but if I add a password, my macros stop and ask for th password when the macro is in a protected worksheet. Is there a way o adding the password to a macro so that the macro will run smoothl without stopping and asking for a manual insertion of the password? Thanks Do -- abbevill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- abbeville's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=976 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26122 ...

Graphing Variable-length columns
Hi, I have a situation where I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns, A and B. Column A is the date and Column B is the # of bids we have submitted on that day. I create a graph based on those columns, that shows the date on the X-axis and the # on the Y-axis. But I would like the graph to be updated automatically everytime I add a new row to the spreadsheet. So that tomorrow, when I add the row for May 10, the chart will reflect May 10 without requiring me to recreate the chart. Is this possible? I've tried everything I can think of and it hasn't worked. Thanks! Ben merc1286@hot...

How can I insert the degree sign with F after it as a shortcut?
I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with the F after it in a short keyboard stroke or two? You could make it an automatic text entry of various types (AutoText, AutoCorrect, AutoComplete As You Type, depending on your version of Word), or you could assign a keyboard shortcut to the degree sign in the Insert Symbol panel and then type the F. On Nov 26, 3:42=A0pm, Sharrietta <Sharrie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with = the > F after it in a short keyboard stroke...

Default Header & Footer?
Using XP, Office 2003 Without using a template, is it possible to, every time, open a new workbook with say filename and date in the footer? If not, will this be possible in Vista/Office2007? Start a new workbook. Set up everything you want--headers/footers/layout... Save it as book.xlt in your XLStart folder. Then excel will use that when you create a new workbook by clicking on the new icon on the standard toolbar. If you want the same thing when you add a new worksheet to an existing workbook, save another workbook (probably a single sheet???) in that same XLStart folder--but name it...

Conditional Cell Category
Is it possible to make a cell's category conditional on the value in another cell? I would like to have a cell display its value as a currency if the cell before it says "Monthly", and as a percentage if the cell before it says "Annual". I am working in Excel 2003. Thank you, Trey ~ On 29 June, 15:39, one third <g...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make a cell's category conditional on the value in > another cell? > > I would like to have a cell display its value as a currency if the > cell before it says "Monthly", and as ...

maximum number of rows that can be coppied to clipboard
is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a table? using access 2002 on XP, Roland wrote: > is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a > table? using access 2002 on XP, I have Access 2003 when I tried to copy a table with 70,000 records it said the limit was about 65,000. gls858 65536 -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF98F875-56C6-4C22-8695-D8CFBE47D12E@microsoft.com... > is there a...

How to change cell data from all upper to title case
I need to change several columns of data from all upper case to Title Case. What formula should I use & How can I apply the formula to the data in each cell? Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case, and can be copied from cell to cell to apply the formula to your data. Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case and you can copy it to a range of cells to apply it to your data. You have other answers showing the use of the PROPER Function to act upon one cell at a time. If you want to change many cells at once you will need a mac...

Can I prevent a spreadsheet from being copied?
I'm going to publish a retirement nest egg calculator to the web and want to know if I can prevent buyers from copying it, or if I can restrict them to being only able to use it on one computer. I plan to supply any purcashed copies by email. Thanks, George Forbes Hi George This needs a lot of creative, part evil, VBA programming, and you must ensure that macros are enabled for the file to work. Very complicated. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Nest Egg George" <Nest Egg George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8BA275E-BCE9-4748-85B2-1A0199...

can't restore mailbox
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 and need to restore a single users mailbox who no longer has an account/mailbox in Active Directory (there account was deleted a few months ago). I was able to get as far as restoring and mounting the datastore that has the users mailbox, but when I try using the 'recover mailbox data' option in the exchange tasks, I get this error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 . I see the mailbox I want to restore and everything, I just can'...

View & Insert missing from menu bar!?!?!
Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar. Anyone know how I can add them back in??? All you should have to do is click on them once and they should be there next time you go into that menu. Let us know if that doesn't work... JG "trixiebme" wrote: > Don't know what happened but View & Insert no longer appear in my menu bar. > Anyone know how I can add them back in??? How can I click on something that is not there? "Jonathan G." wrote: > All you should have to do is click on them once and they should...

determining macro status in a cell
Hi Is there a way to determine the status of macros (enabled or disabled within a cell formula? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't believe this is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "newengland >" <<newengland.11d8au@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:newengland.11d8au@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi > > Is there a way to determine the status of macros (enabled or disabled) > within a cell formula? > > > Thanks > > > --...

line spacing in cell
I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. I've looked under cell format Press Alt-Enter where you want to start a new line! Regards, Stefi „dlh” ezt írta: > I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. > I've looked under cell format Thanks so much. Works great!! "Stefi" wrote: > Press Alt-Enter where you want to start a new line! > > Regards, > Stefi > > „dlh” ezt írta: > > > I would like to type 3 pieces of text, each on a seperate line in one cell. &...

Adding an Active X control to a cell
I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it fits over the top of the cell seems to be a rather inaccurate method of doing it. Hold down alt while you place it in the cell and it will fit the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rick" <rstenson@qualnetics.com> wrote in message news:317AA5B4-7970-45B2-8497-556670E48018@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it f...

Expected Function or Variable
I recorded a macro in Word 2003 that searches for a word and then applies a character style to that word and to the following word. Then I found the answer on these boards how to loop through the rest of the document. But when I run the macro I get the "expected Function or Variable" error. Could somebody please assist? Thanks in advance. --Sandi Sub SectionStyle() ' ' SectionStyle Macro ' Searches for the word Section and applies the Section character Style to that word and the following word ' With Selection.Find.ClearFormatting Sel...

Can't see existing table in Design view for a QBE
Hi Guys, I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the relationship link but am unable to scroll left to view the table. Does anyone know how to fix this?? Many thanks in advance, Cheers, On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:35:01 -0700, DontKnow <DontKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I >possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the ...

Can't use MS-Money with Bank of America???????????
I've used Quicken for a while and am using Quicken2003. I've just gave the new MS-Money2004 trial version a try and I like it better, so I was going to switch...... Until I discovered that Bank of America does not support MS-Money, only Quicken. That sounds crazy to me, but apparently this is the case. If I want to switch from Quicken to MS-Money I will loose the ability to download bank transactions automatically and must use the old fashioned manual download statement method. Does anyone know why a bank as large as Bank America doesn't support MS-Money? Does anyone...

Colouring cell if it has a specific date
Hi, I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell fills with red colour. I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to say 15 days past end of the month? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much! Shivam Hi there Assuming 2007 If column A is January. I don't know where you have your reference date i.e. las...

Can I record a macro
....or do I have to write code manually? If so - how is that done? I think with Visio 2003, you can! Unfortunately, with Visio 2002 (which I have), this is not possible. Lana wrote: > ...or do I have to write code manually? > > If so - how is that done? > > Macro recording was introduced with Visio 2003. If you do not have Visio 2003, you can post a request to the newsgroups for someone to run the macro recorder and post the results. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...