How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?

I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
links so that I can delete them?
0
Tobias (8)

Tobias wrote:
> I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At
> least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I
> have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these.
> The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a
> way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them?

Take a look here:
http://www.acctadv.com/exceldownloads.php

0
gordon7598 (483)
8/4/2005 7:01:23 AM
next time you go into the sheet and you get the message  go to the edit menu
and the "links" choice should be available.click on that and then you can
"break links"
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Tobias" wrote:

> I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
> according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
> 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
> not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
> links so that I can delete them?
Hi Thanks both of you. It is now solved.

I couldn't however break the links from the Edit menu, it was not possible
to do anything but open the file (which didn't existed there anymore).
Instead I did find another add-in (dellink.xla) in a thread below which
worked perfectly well. So now my workbook can be opened without first
answering that question.

"paul" wrote:

> next time you go into the sheet and you get the message  go to the edit menu
> and the "links" choice should be available.click on that and then you can
> "break links"
> --
> paul
> remove nospam for email addy!
>

> "Tobias" wrote:
>
> > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
> > according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
> > 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
> > not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
> > links so that I can delete them?
0
Tobias (8)
8/4/2005 7:56:03 AM
"the "links" choice should be available"
thats why i said should.......I have had that too and cant remember how i
fixed it.Glad you got it solved.
--

"Tobias" wrote:

> Hi Thanks both of you. It is now solved.
>
> I couldn't however break the links from the Edit menu, it was not possible
> to do anything but open the file (which didn't existed there anymore).
> Instead I did find another add-in (dellink.xla) in a thread below which
> worked perfectly well. So now my workbook can be opened without first
> answering that question.
>

> "paul" wrote:
>
> > next time you go into the sheet and you get the message  go to the edit menu
> > and the "links" choice should be available.click on that and then you can
> > "break links"
> > --
> > paul
> > remove nospam for email addy!
> >

> > "Tobias" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
> > > according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
> > > 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
> > > not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
> > > links so that I can delete them?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Linking files 2 ways

find action on log file

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

cannot open hyper links in outlook

learning Excel #3

how to find an item in a list control?

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

Excel VBA