How can I edit a comment w/o first having to select Show Comment

In an Excel doc, one worksheet out of many is afflicted with the following
problem:  I can not edit any comments without first having to click on Show
Comments. I make the change and then have to click on Hide Comment.  On all
the other worksheets you can go straight to Edit Comment.  We keep a lot of
info in our comments and it has made more of a hassle.
0
Ann (124)

Try pulldown:

Tools > Options... > View > and then check comments and indicator

This will make the comments available for immediate editting, but make it a
little more difficult getting to the cells "behind" them
--
Gary's Student

"Mary Ann" wrote:

> In an Excel doc, one worksheet out of many is afflicted with the following
> problem:  I can not edit any comments without first having to click on Show
> Comments. I make the change and then have to click on Hide Comment.  On all
> the other worksheets you can go straight to Edit Comment.  We keep a lot of
> info in our comments and it has made more of a hassle.
0
GarysStudent (1572)

how can i change my email address outgoing.
Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. When i receive mail it comes through as being sent to it ok. My question is how can i set it up so that my personal email doesn't show up on outgoing mail but shows as my business mail address thus looking more professional.? me2130 wrote: > Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email > address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. > When i receiv...

Can't find LDAP Directory Server for sending my mail
I am using my Outlook a lot. Have many contacts in my outlook system. When I like to look them up as a list, I get "Cant find LAPD directory server (81). My address book is not listing all the contacts that I have emailed to. Hope that you can help. Arthur Grin agrin <agrin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using my Outlook a lot. Have many contacts in my outlook system. > When I like to look them up as a list, I get "Cant find LAPD > directory server (81). My address book is not listing all the > contacts that I have emailed to. Hope that you can help. ...

Selecting or deleting data
Hi all Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether to select o delete data. Eg; A1 = xxx A2 = yyy A3 = zzz & C1 = (Nothing) C2 = (Nothing) C3 = zzz The results in E1,2 & 3 should have data in A1 and A2 but not A3 or C because Column C is for cancelled items and if it data in this colum matches then they should cancel each other out. Many thanks Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try in E1: =IF(A1=C1,"",A1) and copy this down >-----Original Message----- >Hi all > >Is it possible to have a formula which recognises whether...

how can I find and download a WAB DLL file for Outlook 2000
When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I may have accidently removed it. What OS are you using? Curious since OL2000 isn't Vista compatible. "JEJE" <JEJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E344280E-7FEC-4550-8255-E1069D4A8621@microsoft.com... > When trying to use outlook I get a error message "cannot find WAB DLL" I > may > have accidently removed it. if you are using vista, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm otherwise, we need to know the version of windows. -- Diane Po...

ScrollIntoView Non-Selected Cell ..?
How do i.. Without selecting it.. ScrollIntoView a Cell.. Say... R120C140 ...? ActiveWindow.ScrollintoView .. but how to find the Document Coords in Pixels of that Cell ..? when Rows/Columns are uneven sized ..? Any Feedback would be Appreciated.. Andrew ;-) sub dk() ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 120 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 140 End Sub This would put row 120, column 140 in the upper left corner of the screen. "Andrew" <NoToSpam@ReadItYourSelf.com> wrote in message news:BeydnRXlerMJfhLWnZ2dnUVZ8gOdnZ2d@bt.com... > How do i.. >...

re-post
Using Access 2007. If I have one instance of Access already opened to database#1, then attempt to open another Access db (database#2), I get "Permission Denied". This happens whether I try to Shell out to it, or try using Windows Explorer to open it. Now the twist! If I start db#1, then try to start db#3, it works! There's something about db#2 that makes the Shell command believe that opening it isn't allowed. Now the second twist!! After clicking through the "Permission Denied" error msg, db#2 STILL OPENS! It doesn't do what it's suppose...

curly quotes became straight, can't get curly bakc
something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly quotes. I assume you've already checked your AutoCorrect options to make sure replace straight quotes with curly quotes is checked, so let's look at the other simple fixes first. Have you recently changed to a new font? Some fonts don't support curly quotes. What version of Word are you using? Jerry "John Worsley Simpson" wrote: > something changed curly quotes to straight, and now I can't resume curly > quotes. And in some fonts it's really hard to recogni...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. I was having the same issue whe I tried to unzip the files. Check the file with the extension of “.z01”. When I downloaded this file it downloaded with an extension of “.z01.zip”. Once I removed the “.zip” the files extracted properly. Hope t...

Show Hrs:Min
I have in cell S6 a formula that takes a value, and multiplies it by 0.0006, and the result is seconds, such as 135. I want to have another cell that references the cell with the seconds (S6), and shows minutes:seconds, so that the 135 in the example would result in 2:15. I tried =Int(S6/60)&":"&mod(S6,60), but only get #VALUE. What is the proper formula? Thank you, Tonso Use this formula... =S6/86499 and format the cell as mm:ss Rick Rothstein (MVP - Excel) "Tonso" wrote in message news:47fe0fe2-44c5-456b-ae48-e028705eb4e5@a28g2000vbo.googlegroups.com...

Deleting the First Administrative Group
I have got a corrupt mailbox store (the default First Administrative Group). This corruption was detected when I ran eseutil. I have moved the mailboxes to another new store and would like to delete the corrupt Mailbox Store - Ths contains the default System Attendant mailbox also. Any ideas what would happen if I do this ? Thanks Ben. NHS. ...

EPays w/ Processing Date
I've been using MM for a number of years and have had relatively few problems...until now with MM05. I've searched this NG and FAQ web site but haven't found the issue/resolution. I have always had MM to record EPays with the PROCESSING DATE and have it checked in Settings/Online Services. MM05, however, records the transaction in the register with the SUBMITTING DATE. For example, yesterday I sent 2 payments to be paid on the 13th of the month but MM recorded yesterday's date NOT the payment date. That transaction, once submitted can't be changed as the check numbe...

text recognition difference b/w commercial and non-commercial?
I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text recognition works. I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition. Both are SP2. But they look different. Does text recognition not work in the non-commercial version? This is the only thing that make OneNote worthwhile as a tool for me. MarkC wrote: >I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text > recognition works. I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on > Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition. Both are SP2. But they > look d...

Can't Print Money 2004 Report
Can some kind soul please tell me how to print a year end report on Money 2004, listing All transactions by payees and all deposits. Thanks Ray In microsoft.public.money, R wrote: >Can some kind soul please tell me how to print a year end report on Money >2004, listing All transactions by payees and all deposits. I would start with the Account Transactions report. Customize, checking each tab for your preferences. In particular, on the Rows&Columns tab, I would select to SubtotalBy:Payee. Set the Date to Previous Year. You can sort by clicking column headings. To print, right-...

e-mail indvl rows to e-mail address w/in row
This is a longshot.... Any ideas on how to send individual rows of data, in separat documents, through Lotus R.5, to the e-mail addresses entered in Colum A of each row, preferably complete with the column headings -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following *may* give you a clue: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip86.htm Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "upstate_steve >" <<upstate_steve.16yz4c@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Ne...

Skip header on first page?
I have a multi page printout of a worksheet where I do not want the header to print on the first page. I know that in WORD there is a way to specify non-printing of headers and footers on the first page since it may be a title page or cover sheet. Is it possible to do the same in Excel? Hi Fred With code you can do it http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Fred615" <Fred615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8FF30A8-5124-43E3-AE76-E2987D83A261@microsoft.com... >I have a multi page printout...

Select/Append Query Malfunction
I have an append query that takes a parameter and two combo box selections from frmEmpSetHours. One of the combo box selections is Shift (1, 2, or 3). The resultant dynaset is appended to tblEmployeeProduction. Shift 1 and 2 have Shift.ShiftHours of "8". Shift 3 has Shift.ShiftHours of "7.5". The problem is that the dynaset returned/appended after inputting selections for 3rd shift return a Shift.ShiftHours value of 8 instead of 7.5. I have tried building the sql from scratch one line at a time and have been successful returning the appropriate Shift.ShiftHours until I ...

Setting Value Of One Cell Equal To Value Of Selected Cell
Without using VBA - If cell A1=red, A2=white and A3=blue, can I set C1 to be the value of the selected cell so that if A1 is selected, C1 will equal red, if A2 is selected, C1 will equal white, etc.? Thanks, Sheldon Potolsky Sheldon, In a word, no. No worksheet thing comes to mind that works as a function of the active cell. You might want to use some radio buttons or a list box (Forms Toobar or Control Toolbox) instead of cell selection. They'll let you click to make such choices, and you can use formulas that will change a cell value as you wish. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, ...

Report showing dates of when accounts are balanced
Hello. Is there way in MS Money 2005 where I can recurse each of my credit card and bank accounts and create a report showing when it was balanced. As it is, I have to go to each account and look over to the left to see the "Balanced on" date. Just wondering if there is a faster way to view the info on a single page. Thanks for the help! John There used to be, but the page showing it disappeared in 2005 :-( -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your pr...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

How to select No Button in AfxMessageBox
Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No button and not the YES button? Thanks, Christian <chhenning@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1149620473.144818.209610@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, just a short question. When I create a message box using > AfxMessageBox with style MB_YESNO, how can I specify to select the No > button and not the YES button? > Maybe use MB_DEFBUTTON2. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Thanks, that was it!! ...

Outlook 2003
If someone sends me several pictures they dont automatically display one above the other like they used to in OE before i upgraded to Outlook 2003? I can find the bit about automatically downloading pictures but those are for HTML emails - i want them to display if they are sent as attachments! driving me mad and wasting lots of clicks and time! help please!! thanks Not possible. And note that you didn't upgrade but are using a completely different program now ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD...

You can use Google Maps with an Acess DB
How to open a Google Maps showing a location from your database. Not sure if anyone is interested but it was asked a couple of days ago and I didn’t know a good answer - just in case you have looked at my 1st attempt :-) so I looked into it and came up with this. There will be other methods – so this is just one. To open Google Maps with the pointer placed on any location in your database. Notes: I assume you have a field called PostCode – if not then change the OnClick. The field must contain a real postcode (the link will fail if the postcode does not exist) This will work for anywh...

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

cannot edit entry
I have downloaded statements from my bank for over a year now and never had any problems. Now I am getting entries that download and then cannot be edited. I cannot remove them, nothing. It does not happen all the time. Any ideas? Would this be relevant? http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89 or http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=44 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/su...

How can i to put a SharePoint web server in my DMZ zone.
I want to expose just one of my SharePoint web servers into my DMZ zone, how can i do this? ------=_NextPart_0001_B573D3EC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit -------------------- Thread-Topic: How can i to put a SharePoint web server in my DMZ zone. thread-index: AcqsG05Zq7kgx6kqQe6fWBwYUxg65Q== X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 63.147.159.188 From: JACR <JACR@discussions.microsoft.com> Subject: How can i to put a SharePoint web server in my DMZ zone. Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:41:01 -0800 Lines: 2 Message-ID: <ACE6C606-D323-42E2-880B-A4815E253E87@microsoft....