How can I do an hourly salary calculation in Excel

How can i do a simple hours (and minutes) x hourly rate calculation and have
it display the correct amount in local currency
0
AndyM (10)

If  you are using excel time formats, assume a time value is in A2 and you
want to multiply with an hourly rate

=A2*24*rate

format as currency

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"AndyM" <AndyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i do a simple hours (and minutes) x hourly rate calculation and
> have
> it display the correct amount in local currency

0
terre081 (3244)
9/15/2005 1:58:34 AM
Thank you Peo!! Just what I wanted!

AndyM

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> If  you are using excel time formats, assume a time value is in A2 and you
> want to multiply with an hourly rate
>
> =A2*24*rate
>
> format as currency
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> (No private emails please)
>

> "AndyM" <AndyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can i do a simple hours (and minutes) x hourly rate calculation and
> > have
> > it display the correct amount in local currency

0
AndyM (10)

Can't install Publisher
I'm having a tough time installing MS Publisher 2003 in VHP. I get a 1402 error which pertains to a certain registry key in myt Vista registry. I'm supposed to change the permissions in this key but in Vista Home Premium I can't seem to do that. Anybody have any suggestions? Did you try method 4 in the support document? You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us If this is not the document, where did you get the security information? This is a permission issue, you migh...

Excel Merge
I have been given an assignment to do a "mail merge" in Excel. The names and addresses are in a document in Excel and the person does not want to have to have the information typed again. Is this possible? I believe a mail merge would have to be done in Word or Access. By the way, I am using a Mac. Thanks for your help. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. cburke@mainelegal.net wrote: > > I ...

Chinese computers connecting to Exchange 5.5
Hi, We're trying to get some people in a new Chinese office connected to our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server running on NT 4 via a VPN. They are using Windows XP and Outlook 2003, as we are. When they try to create a MAPI profile, it just times out after forty five seconds when Check Name is clicked. Our firewall shows the RPC and TCP high port connections are occurring. The security event log does show a successful logon. When they try to connect by Outlook Express and POP3, they get a message of "There is no such mailbox on this server" when there definitely is. They are able to u...

excel #112
when i run excel and go to the tools menu, and click on any of the tabs, i always ge this error cannot access dictory c:\excel files Try creating a directory that matches the name in the warning message. Maybe it'll allow you to get to the options and change stuff to not point at that folder. rick wrote: > > when i run excel and go to the tools menu, and click on any of the tabs, i > always ge this error cannot access dictory c:\excel files -- Dave Peterson rick wrote: > when i run excel and go to the tools menu, and click on any of the tabs, i > always ge this er...

Opening excel file in new window
When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it opens in the same window. How do I make it open in a new window? You can't. Excel has two windows only; Excel and the VB editor. You may be able to open another instance of Excel though, with some Windows trick or by code. But that is spending a lot of power just for an extra window. HTH. best wishes Harald "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:B53F2A94-CE10-41F7-A3B0-D472317D527C@microsoft.com... > When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it ...

mortgage calculator #2
I wouls like to be able to work out my monthly mortgage payment (interest only) by inputing the following details amount of loan ( figure to entered ?) term of loan (in years 1 to 25) interest rate ( current figure to be entered ie 4.75) My monthly repayment is ( display answer) Thanks for your help Julian Hmm...it sounds like the function IPMT function. Take a look at that. HTH -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://ww...

I can't get Outlook to connect to an IMAP4 server
I'm trying to connect Outlook 2000 SP3 (Windows XP Pro, all patches installed, 700 MHz Pentium III, 320 Mb RAM) to Mercury/32 v. 4.01 (Windows 2000 Pro, all patches installed, 350 MHz, 416 Mb RAM). The machines are on a small network running Ethernet (100Base-T full duplex) using a Linksys router/switch. The IMAP server PC has a static IP (192.168.1.222) - the Outlook machine does not. I know that the static IP is correct - can connect to Mercury's HTTP server by pointing Internet Explorer 6 at the IP. I have two problems: 1. When I create an IMAP account, I do not get an...

Merging excel files
Hello everyone, I have one excel file for every day of the month since June 2003. I would like to create one file per month and merge the daily file into it...is there another way to do it other than copy/paste? Please help there is a lot of files what are the names of your files "Raul V" <pacificinet@aol.com> wrote in message news:0fa401c377e3$026dd5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, I have one excel file for every day of the > month since June 2003. I would like to create one file per > month and merge the daily file into it...is there another > way t...

Can you do an e-mail based merge in Pub 2003?
I may be bonkers but I believe before I loaded the beta of Pub 2003 I could merge to an e-mail format in Publisher. The new wizard is good but only offers printing and help dosent help... Is this a capability or not? Publisher now lets you create an HTML publication for emailing through Outlook. It still won't allow you to mail-merge to email. "Thomas Loker" <thomas@loker.com> wrote in message news:#FRZ444WDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I may be bonkers but I believe before I loaded the beta of Pub 2003 I could > merge to an e-mail format in Publisher. The n...

How do I draw a Box and Whisker Plot in Excel?
I need to draw a Box and Whisker Plot that shows Quartile 1, Quartile 2 and Quartile 3 for Statistical Data Jon Peltier has instructions for creating Box and Whisker plots: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#BoxWhisker angela268 wrote: > I need to draw a Box and Whisker Plot that shows Quartile 1, Quartile 2 and > Quartile 3 for Statistical Data -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Excel public to web
I got some problem when I save the excel document to a web page. The document have some cells I want make it can be change by the users, and others should be locked. I use the protect under the tool, and I can make it in excel, but when it became to web style, all the document can not change because it shows like a read only document. What I can do for the document? Thanks for any answer! ...

Is it possible to set A4 paper as default in Excel?
In Excel, is there a way to set default paper to A4 without having to create a template? In other words, can the default workbook or worksheet templates be modified to use A4 as the paper size of choice? Yes: FILE > PAGE SETUP > PAPER SIZE. -- Bros "sms" <sms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F52DEE8A-8D46-4B5C-ADD3-BD5959F28269@microsoft.com... > In Excel, is there a way to set default paper to A4 without having to > create > a template? In other words, can the default workbook or worksheet > templates > be modified to use A4 as ...

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

Mail merging from Excel to Publisher or Word (office XP)
I am a teacher in a Sheffield UK school teaching GCSE. Part of the requirement this year is to mail merge into either Publisher or Word from an Excel spreadsheet. Did the same last year with no problem (office 2000) but with Office XP now have strange results. Mail merged figures (results of formula) now unexpectedly develop either 4 decimal places when merged to Word, or up to eight in Publisher. i.e 14.67 goes to 14.6667 or 14.66666667, This in spite of formating to two decimal places and/or roundup. My solution is to manually convert the numbers to text but this can't be right...

can i use filters to compare data instead of vlookup?
I have to compare membership lists to identify if customers belong to certain groups. Currently, I have been using Vlookup but I notice that there are too many nuisances. Could I use a filter to compare two membership lists and give me a more accurate answer? Maybe try setting up a new sheet with List1, and entering a new column indicating List1 in each row......then adding List 2 at the bottom and entering List2 in the new column for each row in that section............then do Data > Filter > AutoFilter and check the arrows at the tops of the columns to filter from there...........

can i import a database from access into visio #2
im want to import a database from access to visio in hopes it will draw my er digram for me. any syggestions? ...

"Runtime Error 429: ActiveX can not create object"
When I try to open Microsoft Retail Management Service POS, it opens correctly, and seems to have contact with the back-office computer that hosts the database. However, when I try to open either the Manager module or the Administrator module, I get an error that reads "Runtime Error 429: ActiveX can not create object". To my knowledge, the computer was operating correctly when the store closed Saturday, and when we opened Monday morning, this was the message. The only new thing I am seeing is Office 2007, which was installed several weeks ago. Also, one of the employees see...

can i user exchange 2007 client acc & 2003 mailbox?
i have exchange 2003.i would like to install exchange 2007 client access and leave my mailbox on exchange 2003.would i be able to use new owa? No, clients will see the OWA 2003 (or OWA 2000 if the mailbox sits on an Exchange 2000 mailbox server). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "sham" <shamun@mekorot.co.il> wrote in message news:envBPoGJHHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >i have exchange 2003.i would like to install exchange 2007 client access >and > le...

Contacts I need I can't get to show as default contacts address b
With some great help from this site...!(Thanks) I have reinstalled a clean version of OL2007 back to my computer after recovering the C: drive. All seems well with PST but I cant get my old "Contacts" (That I guess that came with "copied" PST) to show as defalt when I want to choose an e-mail address from my contacts. If I click the "To box" I get offered under address book a balnk contacts called "Accounts" If I click the down arrow my contacts are there and if I double click they are live. How can I make them the default. I have right clicked ...

How do I link excel to word so excel changes appear in word?
I have to write a word document in my submittals and some of what I d in excel I have to hand type into word. Is there a way I can typ something like "The total cost is $345,897" and have the number chang if my excel pricing changes so I don't have to keep changing the number in the word document? I know you can paste tables you make in excel into word, but what need is to beable to link a cell in excel to the middle of a sentenc in word -- caliskie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- caliskier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Can you sort Excel data by font color?
I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this true and how do you do it? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Help Me Sort" <Help Me Sort@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF1E9176-5818-4185-9DD7-A74A613914E2@microsoft.com... >I heard that you can sort Excel data by font or column colors. Is this >true > and how do you do it? Only with VBA or helper columns: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByC...

In Microsoft Outlook how can you delete email without opening it?
I am an Outlook Express user and you can click on email once and delete without opening it or double click to open it. Is there a way to delete without opening in Microsoft Outlook? Hello Corey, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:48:02 -0700: > I am an Outlook Express user and you can click on email once and delete > without opening it or double click to open it. Is there a way to delete > without opening in Microsoft Outlook? Sorry, but I don't understand your question really. Which program is used? Outlook Express or Outlook? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hello C...

Making actual projects with Excel 2007
I have read several books and so far have basic and general understanding of the mostly use features of Excel 2007. However, I am wondering if there are resources that can help me do actual projects. I learn quickly by doing practical stuff rather then reading a 1000 page book about features and why I should use a certain program. Were can I find tutorials on actual projects? Example: How to make a spread sheet for a grocery store. Any ideas or recommendation will be highly appreciated. Thanks everyone. Ai This may help http://office.microsoft.com/training/training...

"Excel volume locked"
I have backed up excel files using My Sonic DVD to a dvd disk. When attempt to open the backed up files from the the disk I receive misrosoft error message "can not save the file because the volume i locked". I am not attempting to save it just open it. All of the other files saved on this disk open fine, word, scan soft pictures... it just all excel files give me the same error message. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Denn -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When you open an Excel file it tries to write your name in it. That may be the proble...

Excel Data Connections to Access Queries: Limits?
I have an Access 2007 database with data connections to: + Sharepoint Lists + SMS SQL tables/views I've written Access queries that use tables from those data connections. I want to use Excel to connect to those queries in the Access database to run various reports (such as charts, lists, etc...) However, I'm having 2 problems: 1) In Excel, when I go to Data / Get External Data / From Access, I cannot see all of the queries listed in the Access Database. 2) The queries I do see only return a small subset of records. (I've tested the query within Access, and I should get 17...