How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.

I'm running MSExcel 2003.

I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be
v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet
properties similar to Explorer eg:

workbook :xxxx
----------------
worksheet       last update  size
names             1/2/04         64k
companies:     5/2/03         893k
etc...

any ideas?
0
field (3)

Jon

I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be
placed in the ThisWorkbook code module).  It could be adapted to work
otherwise though.  It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and custom
properties on it

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim oBuiltProp As DocumentProperty, wkSht As Worksheet
Dim oCustProp As DocumentProperty, r As Integer, rRange As Range
On Error Resume Next
r = 1
Set wkSht = Me.Worksheets.Add
wkSht.Name = "Properties"
Set rRange = wkSht.Range("A1")
With rRange
    .Offset(0, 0).Value = "Name"
    .Offset(0, 1).Value = "Value"
    .Offset(0, 2).Value = "Type"
End With
For Each oBuiltProp In ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties
With rRange
    .Offset(r, 0).Value = oBuiltProp.Name
    .Offset(r, 1).Value = oBuiltProp.Value
    .Offset(r, 2).Value = "Built in Property"
End With
r = r + 1
Next oBuiltProp
For Each oCustProp In ThisWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties
With rRange
    .Offset(r, 0).Value = oCustProp.Name
    .Offset(r, 1).Value = oCustProp.Value
    .Offset(r, 2).Value = "Custom Property"
End With
r = r + 1
Next oCustProp
wkSht.Columns("A:C").AutoFit
rRange.Select
End Sub

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Jon Field" <Jon Field@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running MSExcel 2003.
>
> I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would
> be
> v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet
> properties similar to Explorer eg:
>
> workbook :xxxx
> ----------------
> worksheet       last update  size
> names             1/2/04         64k
> companies:     5/2/03         893k
> etc...
>
> any ideas?

Can't track certain Outlook Contacts
Hi, For one of my users (crm 3.0 - Outlook 2003), the 'Track in CRM' button does not appear for certain contacts. About 2/3s of the contacts are fine. I thought it might be contacts created in the Blackberry then sync'd to Outlook but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm still working on finding a pattern, unfortunately this user is travelling a lot so it's hard for me to sit down with her and see what she's doing. I thought maybe someone may have had a similar experience. ...

Locking and Protecting and NOT displaying formulas
Is it possible to not only lock but also NOT display some formulas we have in a ROI-Return On Investment-spreadsheet??? Sum of the formulas are proprietary and would like them to not even be displayed within the spreadsheet that will be distributed to prospects leads. Let me know. Thanks! RTP, format, cells, protection, check hidden for the cells with formulas, protect the sheet. be aware that this protection is VERY weak and can be broken easily. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedb...

How can I ...
I am now running Outlook 2003. Previously, I have run most versions of Outlook and I have spotted a difference I would rather not have. Whenever I click on a web link within a message, outlook opens a new instance of IE to view whatever is on the end of the link. Previous versions would re-use the first instance created rather than opening new instances all the time. Any suggestions as how whether (and how?) this behaviour can be restored to match the previous versions? Cheers. You can't. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using...

Can't Make Attachment
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 and now I can't drag and drop files into a new mail message; even though I can click on the paper click and attach a file that way. I had this functionality prior to upgrading to Outlook 2003. I am running Windows XP. Please advise if anyone knows of a setting for this or a registry fix. Thanks.........Jason Steeves ...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

email addressbook name order (last, first)
I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit "To" and my address book come up all the names are arranged first, last. How do I order them last, first? Thank you Change the sort here: Tools menu > Account Settings > Address Book tab > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Dave R" <rezin8@threshold-studio.com> wrote in message news:D14B3FCF-D6F2-453D-8BEC-B398C687ED1F@microsoft.com... > I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit > "To" and my address book come up...

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

Vendor summary report
Hi, This is my first post here. I am trying to generate a report in GP V8.0 that will allow me to identify local vendors (by zip?) and provide a summary total of how much we have purchased from them during different time periods. Thanks in advance for any help. -- rod Have you tried to create a smartlist under payables transactions? You can then export to excel and sort and subtotal any way you like. "mercfinance" wrote: > Hi, This is my first post here. I am trying to generate a report in GP V8.0 > that will allow me to identify local vendors (by zip?) and provid...

Security Descriptors not updating
Anyone else having, or have had this problem when updating a custom role? Thanks! ...

Update textbox on form
The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts". "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _ " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value...

Auto Stock Quote Updates
Does anyone know if there is a third-party tool, or maybe Excel 2007 has this feature natively, that would allow me to retrieve the latest stock quotes for a dozen stocks each time the spreadsheet was opened? I haven't been able to find a charting service that has the kind of charts I want, so I will be creating them in Excel from daily quotes. Would like to avoid keyentering daily closing stock prices, if possible. Thanks, Tom goto xltraders-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and look in the files section. There are several free files. I have a couple of free file...

Updating a table from Form Entry
I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form. The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank, when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote table will update BEFORE the report prints? Larry -- Neve...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

Where can I get UNLIMITED Excel stock qoutes?
The Excel Add-in that allows you to retrieve stock qoutes is limited in taht it only allows you to get about 250 qoutes at a time. How can I get unlimited qoutes in a format compatible with excel? Z There's a program called Historical Stock Quotes which can create tab or comma delimited files that can be read into Excel. If you want something that updates automatically within Excel, you may have to buy an add-in. Have you searched the web? On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 12:18:23 -0800, ZouBCivil <ZouBCivil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Excel Add-in that allows you to retriev...

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

filtering account numbers from a worksheet
I'm new to excel. I have created a spreadsheet containing my newspaper's subscriber list, containing account numbers and addresses. I want to merge another list of subscribers(with account numbers and addresses) with the first list to scrub those addresses, etc. from that list. Can anyone advise me? Hi not completely sure what you're trying to do. But as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany fouraker wrote: > I'm new to excel. I...

Summary of Difference between dates in years, months, days
I need to calculate the difference between 2 dates and then total them. Here's what I have so far: From To Length of Service 01/09/2003 31/01/2010 6y 4m 30d 01/06/2000 30/11/2002 2y 5m 29d Total of Service: ?????????? I've used the following formula to calculate the total days worked: =DATEDIF(A4,B4,"Y")&"y "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"ym")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"md&...

Can you delete and empty an open email

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

How do I modify an existing worksheet to remove columns & contents
I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to modify it using only certain columns and data in order to keep from re-doing the entire worksheet. ANybody out there in cyberspace got suggestions or good reference sources I can use? Gil There are just too many scenarios to ponder without getting some more details on what you wish to do. Please be a little more specific in your description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:15:06 -0800, "Gil Gray" <Gil Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to m...

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...