How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme

I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another
operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl
script, or something?)  I can create a csv file from the data coming from a
non-microsoft environment.  I would like to be able to then run a unix system
command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start
menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart.
0
Dev (7)

CJ Dev Wrote:
> I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o
> another
> operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe
> perl
> script, or something?)  I can create a csv file from the data comin
> from a
> non-microsoft environment.  I would like to be able to then run a uni
> system
> command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from M
> Start
> menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as
> chart.

This may not help much, but I vaguely remember seeing an article abou
an Excel clone written for Linux, which looked identical in almos
every respect (as far as I could tell from the screenshots).

It WASN'T called Excel though (obviously) but it could open .xls file
and I'm sure displaying charts is one of the things it would be able t
do easily.

If you can find it in a search (maybe try "Linux Excel clone"?, i
might be the best thing you can get.  I don't think it would b
possible to replicate a large chunk of Excel functionality in a singl
command line, though

--
BizMark
=?Utf-8?B?Q0ogRGV2?= <CJ Dev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or
> another operating system that can be used to display a graph in
> Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?)  I can create a csv file
> from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment.  I would like
> to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be
> executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this
> data to open Excel and display the data as a chart.

Maybe save it as a web page? Can be used in many programs in different
environments.

See "Excel data on the web" in your help.

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

How can I have this IIF query running?
This is my query : strQuery = "SELECT DISTINCT ID_emp,name,adres,city, " _ & " sports = IIF(EXISTS(SELECT ID_sport FROM tblSports WHERE ID_pers= tblArbCtr.persID), 1, 0)" _ & " FROM tblArbCtr,tblEmployee WHERE Contract = 0 AND tblArbCtr.persID=tblEmployee.ID_emp" I want to find out the employees who don't have a contract (contract=0) first, and after that I want to verify whether they have a sport with the derived 'sports' column. The compiler fires the following error : '3061 : Too few parameters. ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Reporting from Project Server

Including and Executing JS and CSS from an ASPX within a Master Pa
I am running into all kinds of difficulties LINKing/Inserting JavaScript and CSS on an ASPX that is inside a MasterPage. I'm not sure what the rules or even what the life-cycle is. Here are the actual issues: 1. Do I have to use code and "RegisterStartupScript()" and all that? Is there no way to do the insertion of these in the actual HTML mark-up of the ASPX page? 2. If I am including jQuery from the MasterPage and *then* want to include a ..JS file from one of the child ASPX pages, I'm running into trouble where it would seem that jQuery has not been insta...

How to create an autonumber field?

learning Excel #3

Expand a surface graph
Hi! This might by a easy question.... I made a surface graph with a table of 5x6 with %. The graph is fine, but I want to make the graph bigger, so I expand the graph the same way I do with other types of graph (pressing on the graph an move the cursor), but it does not work here. Now I habe a small graph, with a lot of blank space- Any help will be appreciate. Best regards! Zek ...

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA