How can i copy a value in a cell from a sheet and paste in anothe.

Hello,

I ask my question with an exemple :

I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2.
But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too.

Do you know the function to do that?

Thanks :)

( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually )
0
clapton (2)

Try putting this in D5 on sheet2:

=Sheet2!C2

Maybe this is what you want.

          Art
0
Art1645 (139)
11/24/2004 3:43:03 PM
Hi
use the formula
='sheet1'!C2

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"clapton" <clapton@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello,
>
> I ask my question with an exemple :
>
> I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2.
> But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too.
>
> Do you know the function to do that?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> ( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually )

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/24/2004 3:45:07 PM
go to cell D5 on sheet2 and hit the = key then select sheet1 and click on
cell C2 press return
what ever is in C2 sheet1 will now appear in D5 sheet2

Mark Suddes

"clapton" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ask my question with an exemple :
>
> I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2.
> But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too.
>
> Do you know the function to do that?
>
> Thanks :)
>
> ( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually )
0
Suddes (20)
11/24/2004 3:49:06 PM
Thanks all :)
It was fast.

"Suddes" wrote:

> go to cell D5 on sheet2 and hit the = key then select sheet1 and click on
> cell C2 press return
> what ever is in C2 sheet1 will now appear in D5 sheet2
>
> Mark Suddes
>
> "clapton" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I ask my question with an exemple :
> >
> > I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2.
> > But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too.
> >
> > Do you know the function to do that?
> >
> > Thanks :)
> >
> > ( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually )
0
clapton (2)
11/24/2004 3:59:10 PM
Copy Sheet1 C2 then switch to Sheet2.

Select D5 and Paste Special>Paste Link>OK>Esc.

Your English is fine.  Many having English as first language don't do as well.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:39:01 -0800, "clapton"
<clapton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I ask my question with an exemple :
>
>I want to copy a value in C2 from sheet1 to D5 on sheet2.
>But , if i modify C2 on sheet1, D5 sheet2 has to be modified too.
>
>Do you know the function to do that?
>
>Thanks :)
>
>( Sorry for my bad english, i speak french usually )

0
Gord

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

default values in a cell

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Formula to return non-zero values in a list
I have a list of numbers in a column like so - 2 3 4 1 8 0 0 0 0 What formula would I create to always give me the a SUM of the las couple values before the zero value. The list always ends with a valu other than zero, so in this case, the '8' is the end of the list, and would like to SUM the 3 "last" values, those being 8, 1 and 4. As use this file, the zero values will automatically be updated with ne information, so I need a formula which would constantly reflect thi change -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't mind having an extra col...