How can I choose which lines are frozen using "freeze pane"?

I've tried highlighting the row I would like to freeze, usually just the
first row, but it always freezes it after the 16th row.  Any suggestions!?
This is really frustrating!
0
emilyp (2)

See if this old post helps:

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt
--

HTH,

RD

"emilyp" <emilyp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I've tried highlighting the row I would like to freeze, usually just the
first row, but it always freezes it after the 16th row.  Any suggestions!?
This is really frustrating!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
3/30/2005 9:48:33 PM
The rule for freezing panes is.....

Columns to left of and rows above the selected cell will be frozen.

Do not select row 1 to freeze row 1.  As you have seen, it will freeze panes
in mid-window.

Select A2 to freeze row 1

Select B2 to freeze row 1 and column A

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:59:05 -0800, emilyp <emilyp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I've tried highlighting the row I would like to freeze, usually just the
>first row, but it always freezes it after the 16th row.  Any suggestions!?
>This is really frustrating!

0
Gord

freeze panes #2
How can I freeze panes at runtime? I am using MS Spreadsheet control. I am using following code to activate the cell and freezing the pane Spreadsheet1.ActiveCell.Offset(3, 4).Select Spreadsheet1.ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True It seems that cell is getting activated and the first cell of the sheet is (3,4) cell, so freezing pane is not working here. Please let me know if anybody has any ideas. Regards, Rohit Kumar Hi Rohit, If the FreezePanes property is already on (True) then it will not change to the new position. Turn it off (False), then reset at new postion. ActiveWindow.FreezeP...

Freeze Panes not saving
I am using freeze panes on several sheets. After a save, close and open the panes are no longer frozen. Why isn't this attribute sticking (like it used to)? Is it just me? W'2000 Excel'2002 SP2 It's not just you Dean! I've been going nuts because it's happening to me too & I can't figure out why. But mine is even stranger...I can freeze, save, close then re-open and the panes are still frozen. However, if I open the file later in the day or the next day, not frozen. Anybody have any insight? Running Excel 2000 SP1 >-----Original Message----- >...

Shared File & Freeze panes issue
We are using a Shared file, but the Freeze panes at times "resets" so that it appears the screen is frozed unitl you reset freeze panes. This is not due to user changesm but occurs in the original file that was emailed. Is ther any way to prevent this? There's a guy at work who sometimes applies Window|Freeze panes to a filtered list. While the list is filtered the way he has it, you can see the titles and the data nicely. But when you do Data|filter|show all (or reset the filter), the cell used to set the freeze panes is now off the viewable screen and it looks like t...

comments box gets chopped off by freeze panes!
It would seem another typical stupid MS situation. Ive got colum headers in row 2. Quite an obvious possiblity is going to be puttin comments in those headers to explain exactly what the column is about. Another obvious and common possibility is using freeze panes to kee the headers visible. So why is it that when putting a comment in one of these, then usin freeze panes, as soon as u scroll down and move the mouse over th comments box, it gets chopped off at the point of the freeze pane lin insead of exhibiting a little common sense and going over the top o the freeze pane so you can actua...

Freeze panes
How do you Freeze panes going both vertically and Horizontally? Any help would be greatly appreciated! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Duri3l, Select the cell below and to the right of where you want your freezes. ie. if you want rows 1-3 and columns A-C frozen select cell D4 and then freeze panes. if you want rows 1-5 and columns A-B frozen select cell C6 and then freeze panes. Dan E "Duri3l >" <<Duri3l.1019nz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Duri3l.1019nz@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do you Freeze panes going both vertically and...

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...

freeze panes in "save as web page"
Hi, We're saving an excel 2003 file (w/ no interactivity) to be hosted on a web server. It has 3500 rows, so obviously being able to always see the header row would be great. Is there a way this can be done? Thanks, John Check out freeze panes under Windows. HTH Regards, Howard "jcy" <painkillr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O8SpkM8OKHA.3192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We're saving an excel 2003 file (w/ no interactivity) to be hosted on a > web server. It has 3500 rows, so obviously being able to always see the > header row would ...

freeze pane option not available
The freeze pane option is not highlighted on my toolbar. Consequently, I cannot select it for use. As best as I can determine the worksheet is not procted. Worksheet protection will not disallow Freeze Panes. Could be the workbook protection is enabled. Tools>Protection>Unprotect workbook. Or in 2007 Review Tab>Protect Workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:31:01 -0800, dave f <dave f@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The freeze pane option is not highlighted on my toolbar. Consequently, I >cannot select it for use. ...

adding the freeze pane command to menu
Is it possible to add the Freeze Pane command to the menu that appears when you right click in a cell? thanks. One way: Type ALT-F11 to enter the VBE. Choose View/Immediate Window. In the Immediate Window, type or paste Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add Id:=443 followed by Enter. Note: At least in XL04, the control will toggle freezing panes, but the caption won't automatically change to "Unfreeze Panes" as it does in the Window menu. In article <31ae01c48f11$dc011150$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "MDC" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Clicking on restore window button changing the freeze pane in exce
Hi, In our application after clicking a button in excel , we are programmatically setting the freeze pane for excel workbbook.This click event takes some time even it calls webservice.But in mean time if the user clicks on "Restore" window in inner part of excel, this freeze pane setting is changed from the requires setting that has been done during programming. rn=toSheet.get_Range(sqlReportProperties.FreezePane,missing); ((Excel.Range)rn.Cells[1,1]).Activate(); excelApplication.Windows[1].FreezePanes=true; Can any one please urgently help on this. thanx sriram ...

Freeze panes automatically freezes at r14 when I highlight r1?
When I highlight row 1 and click freeze panes, it automatically freezes at row 14 and column B. I don't want that, I want only row 1 to be frozen. Is this a quirk in Excel 2000? Please help! Thanks Christene Excel freezes above, and/or to the left of, the selection. If you select cell A2, or row 2, row 1 will be frozen. If you select cell B1, or column B, column A will be frozen. If you select cell B2, row 1 and column A will be frozen When you select row 1, which has nothing above it, Excel "helps" you by freezing near the centre of the window. Christene wrote: > Whe...

freeze pane
hi i have a workbook that contains several worksheets Each worksheet contains a lopt of formulas which i have oved to the far right og the worksheet. i then froze the pane from the windows drop down menu(i dont want the formulas viewed or tampered with) problem is someone keeps unfreezeing the pane is it posible to freezer the pane using VB code? thanks kevin Sure. Record a macro while doing it, and voil´┐Ż. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "kevin carter" <kcarte10@ford.com> skrev i melding news:bu8337$4e93@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > hi...

freeze panes?
i have an apple laptop, and i'm trying to use the 'freeze panes' feature on a spreadsheet. for some reason, when i go to window, the freeze pane option is faded. how do i get it to work? Not sure exactly how this works on an the MAC version, but in the windows version, highlight the rows or columns you want to freeze, then the freeze panes option should be available to you. HTH Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "gregp22" wrote: > i have an apple laptop, and i'm trying to use the 'freeze panes' feature on a > spreadsheet. for some reason, when i go to win...

Freeze Panes programmatically, How?
I would like to set a freeze panes after filling a sheet with dat programmatically, but cannot find the property for that for a shee object. Is it possible to accomplish -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Menu - Window/Freeze Panes Record a macro to get the code if that is what you want -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I suggest you have a look at the macro recorder. Quite usefull if you're looking for a property :-). Try something like .... Range("B2").Select ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True .... Frank > I would like to set a...

How can I customize Freeze Panes in Excel?
I would like to keep row 1 on the screen at all times (column A through whatever column can fit on the screen display - column O in my example) without it scrolling either when I scroll down or to the right. I want to do this because row 1 contains my company logo, a counter for how many rows are in the spreadsheet, and the current date of the data. I would also like to freeze row 2 because this row contains headers. I would also like to freeze column's A & B because these columns contain descriptive data that is meaningfull when I scroll to the right. Going to cell C3, then ...

Tricky Freeze Panes question
Hi all Excel Wiz's out there! This is what I want to do: I would like to have cells A1-A22 static, always visible, and still be able to scroll horizontally and vertically. I have tried to do this with freeze panes but can't get it to work. Thankful for any help! Martin Martin To freeze A1:A22 select B23 and Window>Freeze Panes. Note: you cannot freeze just a column without freezing the rows also. Rows 1 through 22 will also be frozen. Which is maybe why you state "can't get it to work". Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On 31 Jul 2003 19:40:04 ...

Freeze panes query
Is it possible to freeze panes without a line being drawn right accross the whole page? Nope. But maybe you coul apply a bottom border (nice thick red border) so that it looks like you did it on purpose. PigzleFly wrote: > > Is it possible to freeze panes without a line being drawn right accross the > whole page? -- Dave Peterson ...

Freeze Panes 01-29-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel 'Am able to freeze headers in other current workbooks but the one in question has me baffled. 'Can't do it. View is NORMAL and a proper cell selected. 'Need to know what I've done, better yet, what I now need to do. Thanks! And we need to know; What your exact update levels of Office & OS X are, and What --specifically-- is preventing you from using the feature? What is --different-- in that workbook than in the others? Without any detailed information my only guess is tha...

freeze pane in a web page
I would like to freeze the pane on an excel work sheet. But I would like to do it when I save as a web page. Does somebody know how? Thanks J-E Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "J-E" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5F438864-F3B8-48FB-8280-99552D5AB7F8@microsoft.com... > I would like to freeze the pane on an excel work sheet. But I would like to > do it when I save as a web page. Does somebody know how? > > Thanks > > J-E ...

freeze panes from vba
This works in a macro inside Excel Range("G2").Select ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True It does exactly what I'd expect. It puts a horizontal freeze line between row 1 and row 2 and a vertical freeze line between column F and column G. But I need to use from MS Access vba code so I'm doing this: objExcelSht.Range("G2").Select objExcelApp.ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True It does freeze but not the same way. It only puts in a vertical freeze line between columns F and G. There is no horizontal freeze line. What do I hvae to do from...

freeze panes cannot be saved
Hi there, I have a big file and in a few sheets I use freeze panes which works fine. But each time I open the file anew after having saved my changes, the freezes have disappeared. this only happens with this particular file, which is 9MB. I can save and open other file where the frozen panes stay the way they were safed. not a killer problem, but annoying none the less. any hint is appreciated many thanks, AndyZZ On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:01:01 -0800, AndyZZ <AndyZZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I have a big file and in a few sheets...

Freeze panes greyed out!?!!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just bought a brand new macbook pro (top of the line) and bought Office for mac 2008 Business Edition--brand new ($400 plus tax). This is my first time booting it up and creating a simple spreadsheet from scratch. The simple <windows> menu command FREEZE PANES is greyed out!! (It feels like a sick joke). How does one un-grey the command??!! Do not tell me to reset anything because I have not customized anything. First time booting Xcel and creating brand new sheet from scratch. Very disappointed with lam...

Workbook.htm
I am publishing an Excel 2000 Workbook that has 20 worksheet's each with the top row held static with 'Freeze Panes'. However, when viewed in IE6 as an .htm file, the Freeze Panes is not working and the top row just scrolls out of sight.. Any ideas? tia While it's not specifically listed, in the Help file for my XL version ("Limitations of saving data on a Web page"), Freeze Panes isn't retained when the workbook is saved as HTML. Worksheets are saved as HTML tables - HTML tables have no capability to do what Freeze Panes does. You may be able to use ...

Freeze Pane??
IS IT POSSIBLE TO FREEZE THE PANE or do window splists SO THAT THE LEFT FOUR COLUMNS ARE FROZEN and MY FAR RIGHT HAND COLUMN IS FROZEN. I have 96 columns in-between column 4 and 100, which can not all fit on the screen at the same time. I would like column2 1-4 and 100 to always show on the screen and the others to move "beneath" them as requried by user scrolling or mouse movement. 1 2 3 4...............................5 - 99.................................100 HELP! Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.E...

Freeze Panes #8
Hi all I am not sure this is possible but can you freeze more than one column in Excel which are not next to each other. Example Freeze Column B and F (but not the others)? so they stay on the screen at the same time but allow scrolling? Any help greatly appreciated Rexmann ps using Excel 2002 if you freeze b and f, but not those in between, what do you want t happen to the ones in between -- tkapla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2298 View this thread: http:/...