I need to change names that are all in caps to proper case in 100 cells.
If I click each one individually, it works, but I need to be able to perfomr
this funcion automatically on all the cells.  One other post said to be sure
calc is set to automatic and mine is.  Any instruction is most appreciated.
Thank you.
0
bethye99 (1)

Insert a helper column to the right of the column with the names.

Then use a formula like:
=proper(a1)
and drag down that column

Then select that column
edit|copy
select the original range
Edit|paste special|Values

And then delete the helper column.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Change position ID in HR

default values in a cell

Business Portal Development

How do you change the APR?

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

COUNTIF MULTIPLE CRITERIA #2
To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. Thanks will A Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="aa"),--(B1:B10="bb"),--(C1:C10="cc")) Adjust range references to suit your situation Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "will A" wrote: > To count if Col A=aa and Col B=bb and Col C=cc. Must meet all situation. > Thanks > will A =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="aa"),--(B1:B1000="bb"),--(C1:c1000="cc")) SUMPRODUCT does not work on a complete column, just a defined range, and all ranges must b...

Calculations adding Text formats
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? You're not doing anything wrong, per se. Changing formats cannot change numbers into text values or text values into...

changing budget period -how?
WE have set up a budget in Money 2002. But my paycheck gets deposited a few days before the 1st of each month. Thus, when I run the buget report for that month, it shows that I have no income yet for that month but plenty of expenses already. Is there any way to ge the budget period to change from the calendar month to a period starting on the date of my paycheck deposit and running until the day before the next deposit? No. "CLP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25c1701c46118$d169fcb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > WE have set up a budget in Mo...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...