How can I calculate overtime?

I am trying to make a timesheet that will allow the user to enter their time
and will add all of the hours worked into categories.  I have gotten to the
point that time can be entered and it adds, but I can not get the formula
that will allow me to generate the hours in the correct categories.  This is
what it looks like:

Day	Sunday	Monday	Tuesday
Date	8/21/2005	8/22/2005	8/23/2005

Time In			08:30
Time Out			18:00
Other Out			12:30
Other In			13:00
Total hours	00:00	08:00	09:00

Overtime
Vacation
Personal		08:00
Regular			09:00
Total Hours	00:00	08:00	09:00

The bottom half I want to auto generate minus what ever the user puts into
the personal and vacation spaces.  This time counts toward the forty hours
worked, but never counts as overtime.  Can someone please help me figure this
out?
0
Rachel (30)

WHERE CAN YOU BUY MONEY 2007?
I have not seen any ads for Money 2007 yet. I know you can download from Microsoft directly OR buy it via Amazon.com, but is there any brick & mortar physical store that is CURRENTLY selling it in the northeast? In the past couple of years COSTCO has had it available at the same time it was introduced, but it appears that THIS year Microsoft's marketing plan is to offer it first via the internet and online stores and then open it to stores like Best Buy, Staples, Cuircut City, etc. What are your experiences in your area? Thanks. Steve Didn't find it at Sam's Club last evening...

can this be done? #3
Can we create forms in excel that would populate the corrensponding fields in excel sheet? Also if we could create forms, can we make certain fields to be mandatory? Thanks a Lot in advance Hi, yes you can make a field mandatory 'check for a project number If Trim(Me.TxtProjectCode.Value) = "" Then Me.TxtProjectCode.SetFocus MsgBox "Please enter a project number" Exit Sub End If To your first question you have to tell where to put the information 'copy the data to the database .Cells(iRow, 4).Value = Me.TxtProjectname.Value where 4 is the column wh...

Can i create a rule for Sent items?
Like you can have a rule, that when an item arrives, it goes into a particular folder, can you also have such a rule for SENT items. Like, whenever i send an item to a certain Email address, that it would go into a different folder from the SENT ITEMS folder? If so, can you tell me how to do it, as i do not see an obvious way within the Rules Wizard. Thanks, tom No one can tell since you decided your Outlook version is not in play - = it is. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal acc...

Can you change only one cell size in a workbook?
No. You can change the width of a column, or the height of a row. And next time, please remember to ask the question in the body of the message, not just in the subject line. And if this is related to charting, it is not clear how. Was this intended for one of the other Excel groups? -- David Biddulph "Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A4504F7-4FA9-44C4-A79C-5E67A9E8C169@microsoft.com... > ...

Any ideas why I can't print from Word v.X?
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just upgraded from a PowerMac G4 laptop to a Mac Mini. I had the MacStore migrate my data for me, and for some reason I can not print from Word. I'm able to print from other programs (Things and Firefox for example) as well as from Excel and Entourage. But when I try to print from Word all I get is a blank page from the printer. I've re-installed Word to no avail. <br><br>Any ideas? Answered elsewhere. Please return to your original message to view replies... It's pointless for a...

can't edit products anymore
My Sales Manager and Sales Administrator can no longer edit products. Both have different security roles that include create, read, write, delete, append, and append to privilege. However, both cannot edit products. The text that they usually can edit is no grey. System Administrator (me) can still edit products. I've created a new role that includes all privs for product (and nothing else) and added that to both users, but they are still locked out. Any ideas? Thanks! Tom It could be that they are trying to do this from the Outlook client. There are some admin functions tha...

Can saved MS publisher documents be password protected and how?
Hello, I'd like to make some confidential Publisher documents password protected - so that only I can open them. Can this be done and if so, how? I can not find any info on this in the online or program help options. Cheers There are several programs that can password protect files and even folders; one I've used is EasyFP. A nice feature with Easy FP is a file can not be deleted from your hard drive without the password; a little extra protection. EasyFP http://www.easyfp.com/ or you can do a google search for file encryption for other programs. -- Don - Publisher 2000...

Calculate Field In Query
I am trying to create a third calculated field that will add two values: Referral To Consult: Nz((DateDiff("d",[MO Referral],[C1S])),0) and Consult To Treat: Nz((DateDiff("d",[C1S],[MO Tx])),0) I do get values for the above two fields but when I attempt to add them using: Total Wait: [Referral To Consult]+[Consult To Treat] criteria <100 I get prompted to enter parameter values for [Referral to Consult] and [Consult To Treat]. Christine Unfortunately, you need to repeat the entire calculation for each item TotalWait: Nz((DateDiff("d",[MO Referral],[C1S]...

Why can't I suddenly not see embedded or linked pics in Publisher
NONE of my publisher files are displaying the pics in them. Even if I open a new file and add a pic, it doesn't show up. It PRINTS out, but I can't see it on the screen. I've embedded it, linked it, gone to VIEW and tried everything. What is my next option? qwerty <qwerty@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > NONE of my publisher files are displaying the pics in them. Even if > I open a new file and add a pic, it doesn't show up. It PRINTS out, > but I can't see it on the screen. I've embedded it, linked it, gone >...

Can't Find Delete when Adding to Blocked Senders Option
Here is my situation. I often add senders to the blocked senders using the toolbar button that I have on my toolbar. I remember in the past being able to click that button and the individual message would not go to the junk mail folder but would automatically be deleted for me. There is some check box or option for this somewhere in OL2007 but I cannot find it. Where is that option? That was never an Outlook option. What add-ins did you have installed = previously? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

Can I sort a column by its 'formatting'...
i have a column of values, some of the cells are in black and some are in red. can i sort the column let say by the color first, then the numeric value. example, A ---- cell format 6 (black) 9 (red) 1 (red) 5 (black) 10 (black) after sorting by 'color' then 'value' A ---- 1 (red) 9 (red) 5 (black) 6 (black) 10 (black) is it possible? thx. I don't think you can do that directly. You could put formulas in a neighboring column that reference the condition that produced the col...

One person Can't Log into OWA
We have Exchange 2003, and OWA works fine for everybody but me. It did work for me, but suddenly stopped. When I try to login it says to enter my user ID and password, which I know are right. It doesn't think so though. I can login remotely to do ANYTHING else, including Web Workplace and remote controlling computers. To top it off, I am the fricken system administrator with domain admin rights. So far I have: 1. Tried other computers from remote locations 2. Cleared the cache on the computers that I access from. 3. Disabled OWA rights and reenabled them again in my user profile....

Can't Get Line Number on Status Bar
In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to do this in Word 2007? Thanks. Yes. Right click in the status bar. Line number is one of the choices. Pam mcwein wrote: >In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the >screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to >do this in Word 2007? Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-docmanagement/201001/1 Yes it is...

Pub 2007 Can't edit Pub 2003 files.
Just d/l Publisher 2007 Trail to my Vista Home (hate it!) box. I can open and view Publisher 200x files but can't edit, change, move anything. Any help? Paul Did you activate the trial version? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B961450A-F717-46E9-8608-7DA73CD8F369@microsoft.com... > Just d/l Publisher 2007 Trail to my Vista Home (hate it!) box. I can open > and view Publisher 200x files but can't edit, change, move any...

Can I create a macro in Outlook 2007?
I started to get 3000 to 4000 spam a day. I set up a rule marked it priority, etc, made it first on the list and it does not run. I have to run it manually . I thought if I could make a macro, make a button on the toolbar, then click instead of going through al the 'rulles and alerts" clicks to run the rule. ANy thoughts? I see macro but only runs ones that are already created. If I create a macro in Word or Excel, it does not have "rules and alerts" in it so I can't create it. I tried help, but there is no info , just blocking, etc of macros tiy What...

How can I randomize the presentation of slides in Power Point?
I need to present some pictures to participants and it would greatly help me if there is some option in Power Point for it to randomize the slides I want to present There's no built in way to do this. We have a free AddIn that will though. http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/vbasamples.html (scroll to the bottom of the page) John "Cisco" <Cisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C894FC3D-1DDF-4B45-A402-1CD0D0B997EB@microsoft.com... > I need to present some pictures to participants and it would greatly help > me > if there is some option...

How can I forward emails IMF catches to a mailbox?
I have a need to forward all email caught by the intelligent message filter to an Exchange mailbox (moreso; everything that ends up in the UCEarchive folder). I thought maybe a script of sorts may work, but am unsure where to start. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! You can go to the UCEArchieve folder and open the email. It will prompt you to use OWA to open then just use the forward option. "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3DD89B4-0EC0-4DB5-9680-F2FDFA20BE5E@microsoft.com... >I have a need to forward all email caught by th...

Can I move the Mailbox Store?
Hello Everyone! The Following regards Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 SBS. Exchange is in testing, has not yet been rolled out to the clients. On Exchange the mailboxes (I'm assuming this is what is called the Mail Store) is currently set to a HardDrive that doesn't have a lot of space. I'd like to move the Mail Store to a local HD on the server that has a lot more space. I think this is possible through the Exchange Systems Manager Interface Under "Servers" --> "<SBSServer>" --> "First Storage Group" --> "MailBox St...

Can't Edit Worksheet Comments
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2, 2 GB RAM, Firefox, Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner, Office 2007. All of a sudden only one (of many) worksheets inside one particular (xlsx) Excel file will not allow me to edit the comments in any of the cells where the comments exist. When I right click the cell and select `Edit Comment' (which is not greyed out) nothing happens. If I try this on any other xlsx files I have or any other xls files, comment editing works fine. I tried the help manual and a reboot to no avail. I've been using/modifying this file for years. It conta...

How can I change the color of the cell when someone enter any number or character?
Hi... =) I am trying to build a templete with a list of questions where the users will answer YES or NO. Please help me to change the color of the cell to Green if they answer yes, and Red if they answer no. Thank you, Sajan Look at conditional formatting in help. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Saz" <Sajan.sajan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1187012731.422148.93690@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi... =) I am trying to build a templete with a list of questions > where the users will answer YES or ...

Can I embedded a View in a TabCtrl
Ok, I'm writing a CAD program and I want a certain look which I can't figure out how to make work. I want a window with horizontal and vertical scroll bars. I also want a row of tabs outside this window along the bottom to control the layers. All this embedded in an SDI frame. How do I do this? 1. What I Have Now I have embedded Horizontal and Vertical Scroll bars inside a TabCtrl which is embedded in a plain CView. The downside is I have to do all the scrolling stuff myself. At the moment, the scrolling part is not working very well. 2. What I Think Might Work Create a CScr...

Calculate Days Elapsed in Weekdays
I have a [ProposalDate] field and an [ApprovalDate] field. I need to find out how much time elaspsed between the two dates. If I enter: [approvaldate]-[proposaldate] it give me the number of days, but how to I restrict this to count only weekdays? thanks. What about holidays? Here is a function that returns the number of working days between two dates. The count includes both the beginning date and the end date. If you dont want to exclude holidays in the count, see comments in the code on what to take out. To exclude holidays from the count, create a holidays table with the date...

print publication-no font, no size, no handles, can't edit
Publisher documents cannot be edited. Taskbar windows for font and size are empty and cannot be written in. There are no handles around any components. Changing View doesn't matter. What could I possibly have done to cause this? I'm thinking you have a timed trial version and it's expired. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "aa" <aa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D30D1FB4-B863-4D12-B69D-F3037DF11376@microsoft.com... > Publisher documents cannot be edited. Taskbar windows for font and size > are > empty and cannot be ...

Strange Calculation Error in Excel
Hi. I have a table of numbers, and I do some simple Math based on this data. Eg: 4.1 4.1 3.97 4.03 4.15 4.15 4.1 4.1 For the formula "=A4-B4", the answer given is "-0.069999999999999400000000000000" It should be just -0.07. Then I checked the value for A4 & B4, the values are: 4.030000000000000000000000000000 4.100000000000000000000000000000 What's wrong with Excel? How can I correct this error? PS: If anyone wishes to see the original Excel file, please leave your email address here. Thanks! -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - ...