How can I add different numbers in a same cell?

Is it possible to add two or three different numbers in a same cell? For
example if I have 200 300 500 in a same cell and I want to add them, I can
only do it by putting them seperately in three different cells and then sum
them up but what if I want to add them as they are in the same cell. Is it
possible?
Thanks
0
Amit1 (33)

Yes

Put =200+300+500 in a cell and the computation will occur.
--
Gary's Student

"Amit" wrote:

> Is it possible to add two or three different numbers in a same cell? For
> example if I have 200 300 500 in a same cell and I want to add them, I can
> only do it by putting them seperately in three different cells and then sum
> them up but what if I want to add them as they are in the same cell. Is it
> possible?
> Thanks
0
GarysStudent (1572)

"unable to display all the cells due to low memory"
I have a co-worker getting this error whenever I try to open my Tasks folder. He has a lot of tasks (1000+), but they are all very small with no attachments. Running Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...

how do i automatically archive old cell contents to a separate .
I have a worksheet that contains lists of "action items", that is used to keep track of jobs that need to be done. I want to be able to automatically move the contents of a row of cells to another worksheet once the action item has been completed. In other words, once I have changed the value in a cell to "yes" (the action has been completed), the information is archived in a separate worksheet. Is this possible, and how? I'd keep them in place, but use Data|Filter|autofilter to show/hide what I want. I think it makes life much more simple--especially when you...

Need to populate data from different sheet.
I have a drop down list of branch names in one sheet. The source sheet (separate one) contains the values of this list and addresses and contact information, as well. I need to populate adjacent cells in the one sheet with the respective addresses and contact information, matching the selected branch name. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ Item number 57. If you enter numbers (1 to 9 in any order) into worksheet_1 cells A2 to A10 it will pull back the corresponding values into worksheet_1 cells B2 to B10. The, "translation table" ...

can't login to GP Company
when I open GP I am able to login to Dynamics, then I select a company any company I get this error: "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version." You will not be able to use the application until the issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your tmep directory to assist in resolving this issue." This is this message from the GP_Loginerror.log file: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Product Name: Extender Database Version: 1001193 Client Version: 10080 Product Name: SmartList B...

I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!!
Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort them properly. What to do?? Hi Paul, "paulonline66" <paulonline66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BB832DA-34AE-44B4-9D73-6F178E9AEBF0@microsoft.com... > I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!! > Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort > them properly. What to do?? With the date cells selected: Data | Text to Columns | Next | Next | Select the Date option and Select the DMY option in the dropdown...

instantaneous cell value
This is probably incredibly simple but I've been going in circles with it for some time. I'm looking for a way to grab and hold the instantaneous value of a cell whose contents are constantly being updated. Any thoughts? You can "fix" the values of a cell by <copy>, then select another cell (maybe in another sheet) and Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK. This would leave the formula in the original cell to continue to update itself. Hope this helps. Pete thanks for the reply. this works as a "manual" solution but how can I assign only the contents o...

Issue with cell ranges and formulas
I've got an interesting issue that I'd like some help with. I'm doing a performance analysis where I'm trying to average some numbers. Here's what I did to create the worksheet: In cell A1 enter 'Time', in B1 enter 'CPU #0', in C1 enter 'CPU #1', in D1 enter 'CPU #2', in E1 enter 'CPU #3', and in F1 enter 'Average'. I then format the cells in column A to use the 'time' category and '1:30 PM' type. Now I enter in cell A2 '8:30 PM' and A3 with '8:35 PM'. Next enter '17.368' in ...

Splitting cells into multiple records
Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. I have an access DB that Excels pulls info out of and puts in a nice little format. My issue is that some of the fields have multiple records in it. Here is an example of the DB: First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation You would only have one first and last name, but there might be multiple instances in the issue and remediation cells. First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation John |Smith | Issue Number 1 | Remediation Number 1 | Issue Number 2 | Remediation Nu...

XSL Transform
I'm learning how to use the XSL transform functionality and can't get it to work. In a book I'm reading on it, it says that I can do like I did below and just add a value like <root_node/> in there and I should be able to transform any XML source document I have so that the results would simply contain <root_node/>. I wanted to try that, just so I could see if I understand how this is working and wrote the code and XSL file below. However, my value for szTransformedXML is always an empty string. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's a method I wrote ...

can't see Canadian banks listed
I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online setup, there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to each of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken does. Your help is appreciated Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default of USA? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails...

Is there a way to add more reason codes
Is there a way to add more reason codes? Yes, in Manager look under the Database menu and there is a Reason Codes function there. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems ...

Can somebody tell me how to create uomschedules and UOM By CRM SDK
I can not use the following code to do this. Can somebody tell me how to do this? thanks! crmsdk.CreateRequest create = new crmsdk.CreateRequest(); crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM target = new crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM(); crmsdk.uom myuom = new crmsdk.uom(); // crmsdk.uomschedule myuomschedule = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.uomschedule(); myuom.name = name1; myuom.quantity = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.CrmDecimal(); myuom.quantity.Value = Convert.ToDecimal(1)...

VBA: Can't set ChartTitle.Text??
My macro tells me it can't set the ChartTitle. "Unable to set the Text property of the ChartTitle class". Any help. please? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks.Range("IV4").End(xlToLeft).Column ' Set d...

Automate Numbers
I am looking for advice for the best way to solve a problem. I am developing a system of telephony extensions etc at a workplace, some sites may have 200+. I am trying to automate entering all the extension numbers, rather than manually inputting them. I also have a format for the range of extensions, but don't know if Access will allow me to give an example and then create the extension for me automatically in sequence. Thanks, Lisa W. Sounds simple enough.. what is your format? "Lisa W." wrote: > I am looking for advice for the best way to solve a problem. > ...

Can I customize my drop-down font list?
There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go through them all to find what I'm looking for. I've tried deleting some of the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success. Sometimes they delete, sometimes they don't. There are dozens of fonts that are so similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to cull the ones I never use. Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better ones that you will have to buy. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+fon...

Can't delete sent messages
I hope I have the right forum. For some reason Outlook Express is not letting me delete sent items. Any suggestions appreciated. Carol NS >-----Original Message----- >I hope I have the right forum. >For some reason Outlook Express is not letting me delete >sent items. Any suggestions appreciated. > >Carol NS >. >Having the same problem today. Don't know why. To find out I am contacting my cable company since the cable modem works with Outlook Express. In the meantime I found a temporary solution. Right click on a sent message and then click send to folder. ...

Can you change the # of places for percentages in xcel charts
I have some data that = less than 1% of the total amount, and want to display it as 0.xxx instead of "0" percent. Is there a way to change the percentage format to include more than one # place? Hi, Select the cells you want formatted and click the Increase Decimals button on the Formatting toolbar as many times as necessary. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Headmistress05" wrote: > I have some data that = less than 1% of the total amount, and want to display > it as 0.xxx instead of "0" percent. Is there a way to change the percentage > format ...

Filtered cells return after save???
Excel 2007... After removing columns from a document Im left with rows that have blanks in some of the fields. I click on the column that has blanks, go to data/ filter to uncheck blanks and then do a sort on the table to alphabetize the list thats left. I save the document thinking it all looks grteat. But when I reopen the document, the filter is not saved. the rows that have blank fields are back. Is it because there are other cells in the row that are not blank? Im confused. What good is filter? I need to filter the list to remove all rows with blanks in a particular column. None of...

Custom number format
Hello. At work we have an application that creates .csv files that we open with Excel. This list icludes product nubers that are ten digits long, many of which start with one or more zeros. For legibility I would like all of the numbers to show leading zeros if they have them. So I create a custom format of ten zeros (i.e. 0000000000). This works great, but the format is only in that workbook. Is there a way to create this custom format and have it always be available even when a new notebook is opened insted of having to re-create it every time? If so, can it be assigned to a new toolbutton...

create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard?
How do I create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard? I need to create a way for a user to input/select specific parms, press a button, then alacazam! Their query appears! (If you can't tell, the user's are unfamilar w/Access so it has to be easy for them.) I'll be adding this to the current switchboard. Thanks for any help! Thanks Chris! I'll give it a shot when I return to work Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a great weekend! Star "Chris2" wrote: > > "Star Taylor" <StarTaylor@discussions.microsoft.c...

How can I resize automaticly the shape
If text is longer dan standard format of the shape, is it possible then de resize teh shap automaticly On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 07:00:01 -0700, fokke <fokke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If text is longer dan standard format of the shape, is it possible then de >resize teh shap automaticly You can edit the shapesheet of the shape (you may want to create a new master shape with these added properties) and set the folowing: width: =GUARD(MAX(TEXTWIDTH(TheText)+5 mm,30 mm)) height: =GUARD(MAX(TEXTHEIGHT(TheText,Width)+1 mm,10 mm)) -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. ...

What extensions can I (save as) in Microsoft Publisher?
I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save as so I can open it??? ..doc .htm??? Thanks Dave djam wrote: >I need to open a .pub file from a friend what can he save > as so I can open it??? > .doc .htm??? > Thanks > Dave ======================== Maybe your friend would be willing to create a .pdf file for you: Ask the friend to try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and s...

Can'r view security log
When I run event viewer as an admin, I can not view the security log. I can view all other logs. Is this normal? Thanks. On Feb 13, 8:50=A0am, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > When I run event viewer as an admin, I can not view the security log. > > I can view all other logs. > Is this normal? > > Thanks. Do you mean you can't view it or the log is empty? Is your system XP Home or XP Pro or something else? If you do not have Auditing Policies enabled, the Security log may be empty. This is usually the case for general purpose sy...

Can't delete messages
I have a problem! I cannot delete my e-mail messages on my outlook express ... when I press the delete key .. nothing happens... HELP !! and thankyou... ...

can't load outlook
I have an oem version of outlook 2002, when I try to load after entering the 25 digit product key the next screen lists microsoft outlook with a red x next to it and the words not available after it. Whats up, it won't load. I'm trying to set up outlook for a PDA. System is windows ME. Can anyone help? "kevin maser" <maserco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:050401c4249c$c41b2d30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have an oem version of outlook 2002, when I try to load > after entering the 25 digit product key the next screen > lists microsoft outlook with a red x nex...