How can collect data from multiple sheets in the same workbook?

Hello, I am trying to collect data from multiple sheet in a workbook. I want
to summarize the data on a seperate for printing.

rrok,

Please post your workbook (or a sample if sensative data) -  scroll
down and see "Manage Attachments".

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503

stanleydgromjr
11/16/2009 2:41:44 AM
Without more details ragarding the information, you should start looking into
worksheet functions:
VLOOKUP()  [or possibly even HLOOKUP()]
SUMIF()
and if data is to be gathered based on multiple criteria on a single row on
any given sheet, then SUMPRODUCT() [for pre-2007 Excel] or SUMIFS() [Excel
2007 unique].

You may have to build up formulas that the summary results from one sheet to
that of others.

Might even search Excel Help for the phrase
Refer to the same cell or range on multiple sheets
which may lead to information you can use.

"rrok" wrote:

> Hello, I am trying to collect data from multiple sheet in a workbook. I want
> to summarize the data on a seperate for printing.

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

Send data from one form to another
Hi All, I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally unrelated form. The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be done. -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.as...

Converting grid data to side-by-side lists
Hello everyone, this has been driving me crazy so want to see if any of you have suggestions: I have a grid in an Excel worksheet formatted like this: Company A Company B Company C Service 1 X X Service 2 X X Service 3 X X I need to convert this data to a list that maps the Services to the Companies like this: Services Companies Service 1 Company A Service 1 Company C Service 2 Company A Service 2 ...

XSLT: Loading Single Image Multiple Times
I've built and XSLT that is used to generate a simple TreeView-type, web-based control (ASP.NET / C#). When the tree is fully transformed (client-side, JavaScript transformation), there are about 5 different images that are referenced (page.gif, folder.gif, plus.gif, minus.gif, and clearpixel.gif). What I assumed would happen would be that once it loads page.gif, every place in the transformed HTML document that references page.gif would load at the same time. However, what really happens is the client will request the image page.gif for each and every instance of page.gif on th...

Excel Data Querry using criteria from Cell
Hello, I have created a data query in Excel using DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA - NEW DATABASE QUERY and then selecting Access and browsing to an query within an Access database. This query returns all data into excel, but I would like to limit the criteria based on what a user has typed into a cell in the Excel workbook. I thought this could be accomplished by clicking DATA - IMPORT EXTERNAL DATA then PARAMETERS but the PARAMETERS option is grayed out. I can select EDIT CURRENT QUERY, but this just brings me into the Microsoft query, where I don't see any options to query based on...

Can categories be backed up somehow?
I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that saved our custom categories list. TIA. StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that > saved our custom categories list. TIA. Start with this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm -- Brian Tillman On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:27:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > >> I back up rules, etc., and...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

how to insert data in a table

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

can I print selected cells only within a worksheet
I have designed a simple template using text only for a unique advice note. I want to be able to add variable information within this template but need only for the variable information to print onto a pre-printed advice note. I do not want to hide the template as I need to see exactly where to insert the variables but I do not want it to print. Anyone help? Thanks. Maybe you can use this ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "martin hanley" <martin hanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA062677-3...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Password for excel sheet
I have one excel file, in that there are 3 sheets. User should not open sheet 2. I can hide the sheet. But the problem is they can go to format and un hide the sheet. I want to hide the sheet, if any body trying to un hide it should ask pass word to open. Please advice...how to do this Regards, Vishu Hi you can use tools / protection / protect workbook to stop them unhiding the sheet without supplying a password, but this will also stop them adding / deleting / renaming sheets among other things and isn't very secure (ie it can be broken in approx 2mins with info from a web-s...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Chart, lines drop to zero when no data entered
Have several charts that get the data from a master data sheet which gets its data from several other sheets, thus a linked formula is involved. X axis is for Jan - Dec. I only thus far have data for Jan - May. The lines on the charts are fine for Jan - May, but since there is no data in June - Dec, the line drops to zero. It make the production chart look like the person suddenly stopped working. I realize I can erase the formulas but this is not acceptable in that several people, not excel proficient, will be updating their own charts and printing them. I want the line to sto...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

2 different types of data sets displayed on 1 graph
I have a district that I wish to show performance (sales)in the months from July to November and comapred this with 2004 and 2005. Now on top of this I want to display on the same graph a second variable say number of customers for each month and each year, in order to bring some greater relevance to the static bar graphs that I propose doing for the first part. So I have been assisted on this discussion group to have a bar graph that is set up with the months as rows and the 2004 and 2005 as columns for the sales data BUT how do I now display the second variable 'number of customer...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Creating one trendline for multiple series
Hi, I have a document withfour different series and these are all plotted onto one curve. I want a trendline that fits all four series of data onto one trendline. I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of data? Thanks > I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a > trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of > data? Unfortunately this is how it has to be done. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Excel cant SAVE added data?
This is a copy/paste with minor edits from post submitted yesterday ... Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) ... built in Excel 2000 (still Excel 2000) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. Anybody know what gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit i...

How can I add a CDaoRecordview and/or CDaoRecordset class to a project in VC2003?
Hello group I have a problem. I don't know how add CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class to a project in VC2003. In VC 6 I know,but with VC2003 I do: 1. Click Project. 2. Add Class 3. Click Category/MFC -> MFC class 4. I don't see the CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class in base class list. Please anybody, help me!!! Thank's in advance ...

Binary data and BinaryFormatter!
Hi all, I have a web app that exports a dataset to an XML file, the customer now wants this XML file to include media as well (Word, JPEG, bitmap and many other formats I might not expect). I've got the dataset exporting great, but I cannot figure out how to append multiple binary files in XML format. Using BinaryFormatter I have been able to simply append a chunk of Base64 encoded data to the end of the XML, but it needs to be delimited so that I can extract the separate media items on the other end. e.g. <NewDataSet> <References> <ReferenceID>19</ReferenceID...