How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.

In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in
the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter
on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with
the mouse.  This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003.
(the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be
opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003.
Thank you in advance for your help,
Carolina
0
Carolina (5)

I think that this went away in xl2002.

You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I think that this went away in xl2002.
>
> You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back.
>
> Carolina wrote:
> >
> > In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in
> > the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter
> > on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with
> > the mouse.  This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003.
> > (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be
> > opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003.
> > Thank you in advance for your help,
> > Carolina
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Carolina (5)

Unable to open customizations dictionary
Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictionary." when importing package file in GP9. Already try the article ID 919440, didn't solve it...any idea? What is in the package file? Modified Forms, Reports or VBA or all? If it's forms and/or Reports, have you tried copying the .dics to a local workstation, modifying the .set file, point to the local copy and then try the import at the local wkstn? Once the import is successful you can copy the files back to the shared location. "TKT" wrote: > Keep getting "Unable to open customizations dictiona...

How can I rearrange the toolbars?
I've just now installed IE8 and I've checked the help files but am unable to find out how I can change to order of the toolbars. I am using RoboForm and I would really like to have it as the lowest toolbar. Any help greatly appreciated? Thanks, Lorraine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Customization in IE8: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/04/20/customization-in-ie8.aspx Customize IE8...to fit your needs http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/08/29/customize-ie8-beta-2-to-fit-your-needs.aspx Many third-party toolbars have their own, ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

Box when opening File
Quick question...When I open up one of my saved files, Visio automatically puts some kind of box (function box possibly) around my heading and some of the text. I'll take it off and save and it isn't there. But when I close the file and then open it up again later it's there again. I try to delete the box but it deletes my text with it. I can't resize or delete the box (actually conjoined boxes) by itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to call...214-981-6324. Thanks! Try changing the line weight of the shape to none. John... Visio MVP Nee...

Can i display an Icon on a toolbar?
Hello, I'm building a toolbar but i do not want to manualy draw the buttons. Instead i want to be able to display prebuilt ICONs there. Can this be done? How do i proceed? Many thanks You should be able to do it by simply adding a CStatic on the toolbar and placing bitmap/icon on it. Following article shows how to add controls to the toolbar: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/placingcontrolsintoolbars/article.php/c2547/ ------------------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:<eMRs7FziEHA.636@TK...

can someone explain what the icons mean
I have a question about the icons next to the email headings. for instance what does the little "i" mean next to the envelope that means it has tracking info attached. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/icons_mail.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visit...

HELP: Handling WM_SHOWWINDOW when window opened SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED
I've verified that the WM_SHOWWINDOW handler OnShowWindow() is not called when ShowWindow is called with SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED. I created a dummy MFC app (doc/view and no doc/view) and reproduced the behavior. So, here is what I have (simplified)... MFC app with no doc/view support. CMyWinApp::InitInstance() { .... pMainFrame->ShowWindow(m_nCmdShow); pMainFrame->UpdateWindow(); .... } CMainFrame::OnShowWindow(...) { // Not called when m_nCmdShow == SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED!! } This seems to be the designed behavior. Does anyone know why? What message can I handle in this case to know when the...

Task Window to open and stay open
How do you get the Task Window to open and stay open when you start up Excel 2002? I have the "Startup Task Pane" clicked in the Options|View window. Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------- You may have a hidden workbook that opens automatically as Excel starts up (e.g. Personal.xls), so the Task Pane closes, despite the Task Pane setting. You can change the Registry, or add a macro to the workbook that's opening autom...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Hyperlinks 01-20-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When making a hyperlink to another sheet in the same workbook, space between words in the &quot;link to&quot; field (&quot;Koble til&quot; in Norwegian, ie the top box when hitting Cmd-K) change from space to %20 when editing the link or when saving and opening the file again. Is this a known issue in Excel 2008, or does anyone know how to fix it? It's an "issue" because spaces are illegal characters in hyperlink paths, so there is nothing to be fixed. The code is inserted as a p...

I want to open archived email attachments
I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses as these are emails I know the source for. Please help. "Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185979486.758557.219240@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses > as these are emails I know the source for. > Please help. > > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110% that the scource is NOT infected? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message n...

Opening Home Page with Full Screen
Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have Windows 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page (Yahoo). I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every time. It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a screen. Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6AC04AE-370D-4018-A28E-F5D855BBFC88@microsoft.com... > Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have ...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

Can I switch axes in a Worksheet?
Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter data in the current setup but now it may be easier to analyze the data if I can switch the axes. Can it be done?? Again, I would just like to switch the x and y axes in the worksheet... Amy wrote: > Can I switch axes in a Worksheet? It was easier to enter > data in the current setup but now it may be easier to > analyze the data if I can switch the axes. ... Select the data and use Edit >> Copy Then go to another worksheet and select a cell (like A:1). Then use Edit >> Paste special >> Tra...

Can't activate trial version
I just bought the trial version of Publisher 2003 and I can't get it to activate. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice, double checking the Product Key on the folder, but it keeps telling me that it's an invalid number. And, of course, there's no "support" provided by Microsoft. This is VERY frustrating. Any suggestions? By the way, the "activate by telephone" option isn't available on the trial, so I can't even call them. HELP! I'm unsure what the exact issue is. Are you unable to complete the installation because the program...

Can't get out of selection? Assistance would be most appreciated...
Perhaps I have done something inadvertently. I am in an Excel workbook and I appear to be in the middle of selecting a block of cells. Everytime I move the cursor, the cell selection area changes. I can't Esc out, or use the Enter key. Mousing over the menu, the menu does not respond. Rather silly really, but I desperately need to use this workbook and nothing seems to function. Even when the cursor is moving over the menu items, the cells selected in the workbook area still seems to be changing. I can't use the menu - the arrow keys don't work. Does anyone know how to &quo...

Change Hyperlink Destination Folder
In an Excel 2002 worksheet I need to change the destination folder in a column (750 rows) of hyperlinks. For example: file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Data\12345.mht needs to be changed to file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Data\56789.mht changed to file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\56789.mht All the ".mht" files are now in the folder E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\ TIA Why don't you do a find and replace. Replace it with some...

can't apply Office 2008 1224 update
List members: I regrettably was talked into reinstalling Office 2008 for the Mac on my Intel Mac running OS 10.6.2. Everything is fine except that I can't get Office 2008-1224 Update to apply. My HD appears with a yellow triangle over it, saying the update is inapplicable. I've tried trashing the product ID as Microsoft's web page suggests; no luck. No trial copies of Office anywhere on my HD. Would appreciate any advice; thanks in advance. - Mark Pavlick This is identical to the problem I reported on 25 March (Installing Office 2008). In my case the prob...

Can't open Money file directly.
I have Money 2005 I have many accounts at different banks. I can always open Money by using my password. I just added a new account & it tried to hook it up with Net.Passport. Now everytime i try to open my file it wants my Net.Passport. I deleted the new account,but it still opens with Net.Passport. I went into tools & selected to remove my accounts from Passport's server. Still can't open Money file directly. How can i get it back to just open my account from my PC ? In microsoft.public.money, desgnr wrote: >I have Money 2005 >I have many accounts at different bank...

Can't upload business card in Outlook 2000 as I can for Outlook
Express allows you to upload a business card that is like a header at the top right of every e mail. Outlook seems to only allow a V card which is not visable when sending e mails. Express allows the card to show without blocking the entire page . Express has tools, options, compose, and under Stationary you can upload a new jpeg along with the signature at the bottom. Outlook has almost the same feature, but when trying to upload the stationary, the card duplicates itself and covers the entier page like wallpaper which does no good. HELP Doug In news:9364D241-098E-48F4-9B5A-DB4411A4...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

Excel with Docs Open
When Excel is integrated with DocsOpen a document management system and you save the excel document, the document number(name) is not the DocsOpen number it is some strange number. (ie.,@S401!) I see this on some users systems at work and then on other users systems is will show the correct DocsOpen number when saved. Is there a place to change a setting? ...

How can I add a custom property to an Excel Workbook ?
Hi I'd like to be able to add custom properties to an excel workbook using vba... Same stuff I already do by hand using the custom tab of the property window... Thanks for giving ideas Regards // Alain See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/DocProp.aspx for downloadable code modules to read/write custom and built-in document properties of both open and closed workbooks. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP Excel Product Group Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email on web site) On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:16:09 -0800, Desaivres Alain <DesaivresAlain@discussions.mic...