historical stock quote web service

does anyone know of any *free* web services that will let me get
historical stock quotes given the date and symbol?

--
medicenpringles

medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16458
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490975

This is what I found with a google search:
http://www.sls.lib.il.us/reference/por/features/99/stock.html

0
CycleZen (674)
12/6/2005 4:49:37 PM
http://tinyurl.com/4bfmf

You can download an add-in that allows you to pull quotes from MSN (15
min delay).  I've used it and it works very well.  One touch automatic
refresh-- only problem would be the delay.

Hope this helps.

--
sabunabu
sabunabu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29395

Emails not saved in "sent" folder
The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, the item I supposedly sent does not appear in the sent folder. Help?! Chuck Humphrey Chuck Humphrey, you wrote on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:10:55 -0700: > The following happens sporadically. I send an e-mail message to a > known good e-mail address. Outlook does not report any problem with > the send, nor does my ISP report any problem with the send. However, > the item I suppos...

Wrong Database During High Web Server Load
Hi all, Our issue is a little complex. Our system is an update from a legacy system that had our clients host their own databases and software. We are now completely ASP.net based, but have each of our clients data in their own SQL Server 2005 databases. Currently we have about 150 clients migrated and therefore 150 DB's. Each of our clients has a client id and all of users are related to a client. So, when a user logs in, we know which client they belong to. That client ID is then used to to point to the correct database for all future requests. A table in an ...

CD/DVD can't "see" CDs after Windows Vista update (KB973917)
Ever since this update installed, my CD/DVD drive does not see any CD or DVD I put in the drive. I have looked for an updated driver and have the most recent driver. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, both with and without shutting down the laptop and starting it up again. Device Manager says the device is working properly, which it clearly isn't. I am wondering if I should uninstall the update. Lisa This sometimes happens Go into the Registry and search for Upper and Lower Filters. When found delete both of them. Close out and Save and then reboot. ...

"Punch Out" technology for Requisition
Does the Microsoft Dynamics Requisition for B Portal product have "punch out" (on line shopping) functionality? I cant seem to find any info detailed enough that tells me this. I know the Paramount product does. But we would prefer to stay within the Dynamics family. "bob" wrote: > Does the Microsoft Dynamics Requisition for B Portal product have "punch out" > (on line shopping) functionality? I cant seem to find any info detailed > enough that tells me this. > > I know the Paramount product does. But we would prefer to stay within th...

SQL server service
Hi All, In the task manager, under the processes, the SQL server service is running at 1.7 gig. The server has been rebooted but after running low for a while has now shot up to 1.7GB again. Has anyone else noticed this? or know how to limit process size ??? Thanks. Regards, Nathan Warner its hard to say you could have a 100 users who rarely use the system of 10 users who are hitting it hard each day. I would try 512mb to start with. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Nathan Warner" <NathanWarner@discu...

Layered Window & Web browser open office docment cause system Crash
hi, all I placed a web browser Activx object into a layered window in Win XP.When I continusely use web browser to load MS office document(*.doc,*.xls) ,it will easily crash the whole system(win32k.sys crash), but every thing is fine in windows 2000 or I just navigate the web site use webbrowser. Is that a bug of windows XP? Please give some hints. You can download sample from here http://s87799026.onlinehome.us\temp\testweb.zip (VC 6.0) Thanks in advance Bravew. ...

How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active membe
How to change Marketing list member "All members" to "Active members" in CRM 4.0? Any help is appreciated. I have used the following code giving object required error code: /************************************************************** * Change the default view of the Marketing List Members (Account) **************************************************************/ if (crmForm.all.createdfromcode.DataValue == 1) { if (crmForm.FormType != 1 && crmForm.FormType != 5 && crmForm.FormType != 6) { /************************************************************** ...

"change order form"
Does anyone have a change order template that I can review? ...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Business Portal and Reporting Services on same server
Hello: There was a white paper published on CustomerSource for integrating BP 3.0 and SQL Reporting Services 2005 onto the same web server. We have both BP 3.0 and SRS 2005 correctly configured and are working just fine. BP is accessible to external customers and also works just fine. However, SRS does not. The white paper states that BP and SRS cannot be in the same web site and one of them needs to be running on a different web site and a different port. So, I set SRS to run on port 81. External users cannot view the SRS website on port 81. The firewall is also correctly configured to...

Files not opening from Web Server
We have some excel files on our web server that we link to from various webpages. Almost all of our users can get to these files without any problem when they click the link in Internet Explorer, but for a handful of users when they click the link nothing happens or it just opens up a second blank explorer window. There is never any kind of error message or anything. Has anyone seen this before or know the cause or fix for it? It does seem like most people that have this problem are running WinXP, but I'm not sure of each of their Office versions. TIA ============== Joe Reazor Gorbel...

Downloading in "B" not "KB"?
Can't pull all email from my account. When receiving the 5th message, Outlook switches from downloading in KB to bits. Server eventually times out because there are 301KB's to pull. Any ideas? Don Don, I found that by using web-mail ( web based mail access provided by my ISP ) I was able to delete the "BAD" message that reduced my transfer rate and all returned to normal. The "BAD" message had something Outlook did not understand/tolerate in the message body. Jim Nickerson "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a84d0...

MTA Stacks service not atarting
Hi, on my Exchange 2k SP3 server, I have the MTA Stacks service not starting automatically. Even if I try to start it manually, it says : Error 1067 : The process terminated unexpectedly. Any help ? I found articles about Exchange 5.5 and service packs. But I'm on Exchange 2k ! Would it be OK if I reapply the SP3 on that server, or shouldn't I reapply the SP3 ? Any help appreciated ! Cheers Do you get anything in the event log? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Xavier" <Xavier@discussions.mic...

"Publisher cannot complete the operation"
Hello. I posted this in another discussion and was advised that this group would be a better place to ask the following question. So Apologies for cross posting. I'm having a problem using the wizard in Publisher 2000 "Publisher cannot complete the operation" I have Windows XP Home SP3 MS Office 2000 Professional 512MB RAM 35GB Free space on HDD This has only started after Windows Service pack 3 was installed. It was ok with Windows XP SP1 and Windows XP SP2 I even check for Ms Office 2000 updates once a month, just installed the latest updates yesterday in the hope tha...

Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading
I have an environment with 4 exchange 2003 servers 1 frontend and 3 backend servers. I have 3 servers in one site 1 is the FE server and 2 are the BE servers, one of these servers is on another site. There is no proxy server between these servers and all of them are in the same network and there no traffic being filtered between these exchange servers. Suddenly I started seeing this message when users are oppening OWA ( Outlook Web Access Does Not Display Inbox Messages When a "Loading..." Message Is Displayed). I have checked the authentication settings and all settimngs have ...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook"
I have an annoying problem that apparently has to do with the number of charts in my workbook. I am using Excel 2002 SP-1. I have a workbook that consists of 7 worksheets and is only 589 KB but I have a large number of charts. As I developed this workbook and the number of charts started to increase I started to get the error message, "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" even though I was not adding any new fonts. This usually happened when I tried to change the chart title. I would just click through several of these messages and everything would be OK. Now I cannot...

Access Version and "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter"
HiI know that you can use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter only inAccess Version XP and Higher.So I have created following code:If sAccVersion => "10.0" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter Else MsgBox "........" Exit SubEnd IfSome users user Acc2000 and some XP.The users with Acc2000 have of course problems with the lines of code above,because Acc2000 can not read:DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitterSo my question is:Is it possible to use acCmdDatabaseSplitter in my code without gettingproblems with the users who use Acc2000.Thanks for the hel...

How do I find quotes to put in a card?
In creating greeting cards, how do I find quotes in Microsoft Publisher to insert in the card. At times quotation may be from various poets. http://www.bartleby.com/ Several quotation links there. Also..remember Google is your friend. "Claudette Sinclair" <Claudette Sinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095A66C7-7672-497E-9842-E7945533658C@microsoft.com... | In creating greeting cards, how do I find quotes in Microsoft Publisher to | insert in the card. | | At times quotation may be from various poets. How about a google search for quotations? ...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable #2
Hello all, My Exchange 2003 has been up and running for some time now. A Tornado came thru and power lines were down. When Power came back, I restarted my system and started all the Exchange services except Pop3 and replication, the Exchange is being accessed thru OWA and when I try getting on the exchange thru OWA, I initially got my logon page. Somehow I had a link problem for about 5 minutes, and when my link came back up, I tried getting on my exchnge but the page gave me HTTP:/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Can someone please tell me what the problem might be? Thanks -- An Avvid S...

Sent Folder Shows "FROM" instead of "TO" (Recipient)
I have two AOL email accounts set up in Outlook 2007. On one account the Sent Folder displays the recipient "TO"which is good. But on the other the Sent Folder does not display the recipient "TO" it just displays the "FROM" which I already know it's from me. Can anyone tell me how to change the account so the Sent folder will display who the message is going to instead of who it came from? Check under the View | Arrange By (or View | Current View) to see if you accidently changed the view to sort by "From" rather than "To...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...

Money "Lifetime Planner" Feature
Does anyone remember which version of Money was the first one to come out with the "Lifetime Planner" feature? Thanks! I am using Money 2007, it's in there, can't say for sure about 2006. On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:44:59 -0700 (PDT), gyropilot <gyropilot392@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone remember which version of Money was the first one to come >out with the "Lifetime Planner" feature? > >Thanks! Lifetime Planner is in M2002 which I still use, but I don't know when it first appeared. Regards Bill Wood "gyropilot" <gyropilot39...

Custom Web Service: Soap error in WhoAmI() Method
Hello, Here is the issue: CRM 1.2 installed on Windows 2003 SP1 on the "CRM" domain. I have created a web service that automatically share a case within a team. The web service is called from a Post URL in a workflow rule at the creation of the case. The paramater passed to the Web Service is "incidentid" I have tested the web service locally, by calling the URL in Internet Explorer (logged with my CRMAdmin) and it works perfectly. Now if I try to test from the CRM app locally or remotely (still using my CRMAdmin) it does not work. From the Web service trace I can ...

IE8
I just updated to IE8 (as IE7 was giving me some trouble) but when I right-click a link there is no option avaliable to "open link in new tab". Help ? I have tried reregistering one of the registry files that some forums say is behind the reason for this problem, but to no avail. However, I think it might be a compatability issue somewhere, as when I turn off add-ons the option reappears. Any suggestions as to what to do ? As manually trying each add-on is going to take forever ! This is really annoying me, as I use the new tabs option all the time whilst work...

connecting "ethernet networks" to excede "8 objects"
I've read in the help files there is a way to get pas the 8 object limit on the ethernet network tool I've tried it but the instructions in help aren't very clear. any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you! The shape is limited to eight connections, but can be changed through some delicate surgery to have more connections. The easiest way is to drop a second (or third ethernet shape) and place them in a row. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Quest...