highlighting of cells and columns

When I want to format a cell or column and I click to highlight it the next
two cells or columns to the right get hightlighted as well.  I have to use my
arrow keys to select the cell or the shift and arrow keys to pick the cell or
column I want.  How can I reset or stop this from happening?

HELP!!!

Gin

Do you have any merged cells in the highlighted column?

"gin" wrote:

> When I want to format a cell or column and I click to highlight it the next
> two cells or columns to the right get hightlighted as well.  I have to use my
> arrow keys to select the cell or the shift and arrow keys to pick the cell or
> column I want.  How can I reset or stop this from happening?
>
> HELP!!!
>
> Gin

Selecting blank cells
Happen that I am trying to set a macro where I have to go to the last row with information, then select "A-last" & "B-last" to the A1:B1, I did this: Range("C65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select But I do not know how to move to select A:B from the last row with information Any help would be appreciated. Fernando Maybe... Dim LastRow as long with ActiveSheet 'use column C to get the lastrow lastrow = .cells(.rows.count,"C").end(xlup).row 'What did you want selected??? .range("a1:a" & lastrow).select ...

Changing paragraph format in table cell
[This is a "sequel" to my previous question but is a separate problem.] When a table cell is selected, I need to do the equivalent of Paragraph > Format on the cell, but can't make it work. My best try follows. The loop needs to format the second cell in each row. With ActiveDocument.Tables(1) For i = 1 To .Rows.Count .Rows(i).Cells(2).Range.ParagraphFormat.FirstLineIndent = InchesToPoints(0) Next i End With Suggestions appreciated. -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://w...

locking cells #5
I have set up an extensive spreadsheet for my "non-Excel" co-workers. do not want them inadvertently typing in the cells that have formulas. Other than putting a comment, is there any way to lock those cells s they can not enter information by mistake -- denha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2408 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37931 Each cell has a locked/unlocked property. Format|cells|protection tab. Lock the cells...

Excel
I have exported TFS work items into Excel. This includes text that are very long, and spanning over multiple lines. Whenever I click this cell. The contents revert to hashes, making it very difficult to work with (or print) work items in Excel. I have tried formating the cell to custom format, but clicking in the cell losing this formating. Is there any way to remove the hashes? Ensure that the cell is formatted as General rather than Text, and once you have changed the format then click in that cell again, press F2 and then <enter> to ensure that the format change takes effect...

an I get a cell value throught posted hyperlink to another excel s
i have two excel workbooks example: say that i have excel workbook with name A.xls and there is a hyperlink to another workbook B.xls in the cell A1 in the workbook A.xls now i want to make formula to retrive the value for the cell A1 in workbook B.xls using the hyperlink exsisting in the workbook A.xls ...

How to show array values as columns in a datagrid
Hi, Sorry for this stupid question. I'm trying to set up number of columns based on the values in a string array. for example I have this array: string[] tmpArray = commaSeperatedStringValues.split(','); DataGrid.DataSource=tmpArray; DataGrid.Bound(); When I do this, all the elements in the array are shown as rows in a signle column... Pls help. On Jun 9, 10:34=A0am, mavrick_101 <mavrick...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for this stupid question. I'm trying to set up number of columns ba= sed > on the values in a...

Sheet Protection & Grouped Columns in Excel
I've just created a fairly complex work sheet with some grouped columns. I wish to protect some cells with formulas but have other people enter data to the rest - pretty easy stuff. However, I can't find a way to allow other users to expand and collapse grouped columns (which is necessary for practical reasons given number of cols and that most will only need to use one or 2 groups). Please advise if there is a way round this. Hi Ruth- You might try creating custom views (View>Custom Views...) for the various grouping combinations. If that works - some features included b...

How to reverse the order of data in a single column in Excell?
Ie, if i have a set of 10 numbers in column A, how to copy the into column B in reverse order? In B1 put =INDIRECT("A"&11-ROW()) and formula-drag that to B10 To formula-drag, select B1 and click on the small + in the bottom righ corner of the selection, drag to B10 vpedchenko Wrote: > Ie, if i have a set of 10 numbers in column A, how to copy the int > column B > in reverse order -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105 Vi...

Pass through query giving an invalid column error
I am trying to write a pass through query using Access 2000. My source table has a field that has three blank spaces as a place holder. I do not want or need records that have three blanks in this field as well as records numbered 840. I am trying to write an SQL statement that will eliminate those records from my query. I am using the following code: select [table].[field] from [table] WHERE ((Not ( [table].[field] )= "840" or Not ( [table].[field] )=" ")); I get an error at line 3 invalid column name '840' and ' '. I can remove the quote...

modifying name format within a cell
I currently have a list of names all in one column of cells that are formatted last name, first name (with a space after the comma). I need to change to first name last name. There are several names with no space after the comma in case that matters. Is there an easy way to make this change? Thanks, MYK =TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,999))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) This will handle both cases of having a space, or no space -- Best Regards, Luke M "Myk" <Myk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD64...

Checking if a cell value in one range is contained in a second range?
Hi all, I am trying to check whether cell values in one range (say A1:A10) are contained in a second range (say A20:A30). I tried the formula countif(A20:A30,A[row number])=1 which was supposed to return "TRUE" is the cell value in that row WAS contained in the second range and "FALSE" otherwise. But I sanity checked this, and it seemed to yield the wrong answer some of the time. Could someone suggest a different formula that would work, or correct this one? Thanks so much for your help! Kate -- ModelerGirl -----------------------------------------------------...

Macro to shade row of searched cell
OK I've looked all over for this but couldn't find it anywhere. I wan to make a macro that searches for a particular value (that would b contained in a cell but not necessarily the only value in the cell) an highlight the corresponding row and not just the cell. I have a macr that searches for a value and highlights the cell containing part o the entire value but I need the entire row shaded. Here's the cel macro. Sub Finder() On Error Resume Next Dim sh As Worksheet Dim rng As Range x = InputBox("Enter Search Term", "Search") Application.ScreenUpdating = F...

Link cell to axis maximum and mininum
Hi I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the X-axis maximun and minimum values in an easy way. It would be perfect just to asign e.g. the maximum value to a worksheet cell. Is it possible in any other way to change the chart axis max and min value for more than one chart at a time Best Regard Peter Hi have a look at the following site for an add-in that will achieve this http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter wrote: > Hi, > > I have a big number of charts that I would like to change the...

how do i resize column letters in excel 2007
I have two worksheets in different workbooks. They both have Calibri 10 as the font. Yet in one workbook the column letters and row numbers are larger than in the other one. How do I change this? Could be the zoom is different in each file. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Debby" <Debby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95F138EC-4F62-4CFB-95ED-178BE7481CDE@microsoft.com... >I have two worksheets in different workbooks. They both have Calibri 10 as > the font. Yet in one workbook the column letters and row numbers are > larger > th...

How to hide columns in a form in datasheet view if null
Can someone please show me how to hide all columns when it is null using VBA code. I am using a form in datasheet view. I am trying to hide all columns that are null and display all columns that are not null. I have tried the following in the Form_Current event and it does not work. Listed below is one of the column names on the form. Please Help!!! If IsNull(Me![51712desc]) = True Then Me![51712desc].ColumnHidden = True Else Me![51712desc].ColumnHidden = False End If It cannot be done like that. A datasheet shows many rows and some rows may have null values and others may not. Y...

Excel 97 Column & Row Header Problem
In Excel 97, both my column and row headers are displayed as numbers, how do I restore my settings to have numbers on the rows and letters on the columns ?. Tools|options|General Tab Uncheck R1C1 Reference Style. JBC10094 wrote: > > In Excel 97, both my column and row headers are displayed as numbers, how do > I restore my settings to have numbers on the rows and letters on the columns > ?. -- Dave Peterson Go to Tools, Options, General, and deselect R1C1 tickbox. "JBC10094" wrote: > In Excel 97, both my column and row headers are displayed as numbers, how d...

subreports and multiple columns
I am using Access 2007. I need a report made up of other reports, each based on different queries. As far as I've known with Access, the answer there is subreports. However, in this case I need my subreports to display data in columns and print them down the page, not across. I'm aware of the problem Access has with printing down then across on a subreport: mainly that if CanGrow is set to true, it doesn't know when to end a column becuase it doesn't know when the master runs out of page; if CanGrow is set to false, I only get data for the first page. So I've got th...

Jump over 10 cells in a row
Hi, If A1=1, the next 10 cells fill with 88. How can I jump to the 11th cell? I tried highlighting the 10, Ctrl 1, unlocking & protecting, but that takes me down to the next row. Ideas? Thank you. Don't quite understand exactly where you're trying to go. Is the cell you want to "jump" to empty? If so, this will get you right *next* to it. Try selecting A1. Hover the cursor over *that* border of the selection in the direction that you wish to "jump", until the cursor changes to an arrow. Double click, and you'll jumpt to the last cell of contiguous data...

2
In the past I have been successful at taking an unbound report (no control source) and placing two unrelated reports in that unbound report as you would subreports, and getting the effect of one report with the first subreport printing and then the second report as though they were just one report. I am failing at trying to do the same thing with two reports that both are set up with two down and across columns. Is there a way to make this work? One report with the two two column reports embedded in it? Thanks in advance. -- Jeff C Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do On Thu, 20 Mar...

Highlighted Cell #2
Thanks Ragdyer ...

sum multiple columns with SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT
I'm running Excel 2003 and am having trouble with what I thought should be a relatively simple formula. Given a matching criteria in column A, I'd like to sum columns B:D. I've taken a stab at it with the following formulas, but they all return "#Value" 1st try =SUMIF(A1:A3="x","B1:D3) 2nd try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="x"),B1:D3) 3rd try =SUMPRODUT((A1:A3="x")*(B1:B3+C1:C3+D1:D3)) Any advice??? Hi, I'm not sure i fully understand the question but how about this =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="x")*(B1:B10+C1:C10)) ...

show sereral columns of data field in pivot table
In pivot table, data column. I would like to show several columns of data. Please instruct me how to do it? This may help you...if not reply and we'll try something else http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/ha010346321033.aspx "Linda" wrote: > In pivot table, data column. I would like to show several columns of data. > Please instruct me how to do it? To arrange the data fields horizontally, drag the Data field button onto the cell that contains the word Total, as shown here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html Linda wrote: > In pivot table, dat...

add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart
I need to add high/low/close lines to a stacked column chart. The high/low/close values are unique, and each one corresponds with one of the stacked bars. they should be on the same y-axis Or I can add points next to each column of my stacked column chart and then add custom error bars to those points. Either way will work, but I can't figure out how to do either of these options. Thanks Do you have a bunch of stacked bars, and you're showing the HLC for each? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http:/...

Formulas: Keeping same row/column reference when columns are inser
I'm trying to create a formula that will return the value of a cell based on its row and column position in the spreadsheet even if I insert another column. Example Formula in Cell C2 is: =A2+B2. I insert a new column A. This moves everything one column right and the formula in cell D2 is now: =B2+C2. What I'd like is a formula that references the row/column position in the spreadsheet repardless of if columns are inserted or deleted so that after inserting a new column A my formula is the value of the new information in A2 & B2. I'd like the formula that moved to D2 to...

how to change number column to six digits
Hello all. Can anyone tell me how to increase the available digits in the number column? My check book use 6 digits, and I would like all 6 to be view in the number column. Can I remove the exclamation mark, or the flag mark? Your help is much appreciated! PeterInMN Silence probably indicates the answers to your questions are No and No. "PeterInMN" <aptdoc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:XC%dg.2171$oa1.766@news02.roc.ny... > Can anyone tell me how to increase the available digits in the number > column? My check book use 6 digits, and I would like all 6 to be...