highlighting cells when reaching certain numbers

I have a "number of days of sick" column on my spreadsheet, and i would like
to know if theres a function that could fill the cells with a colour when
that certain person has reached a certain number of days of sick? e.g. cell
turns read when it hits 10 onwards.
Thankyou

Chris, you can use conditional formatting, select the cell you want to
change color then format conditional formatting, cell valve is, greater than
or equal to 10 and pick red for your pattern

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Chris01623" <Chris01623@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a "number of days of sick" column on my spreadsheet, and i would
like
> to know if theres a function that could fill the cells with a colour when
> that certain person has reached a certain number of days of sick? e.g.
cell
> turns read when it hits 10 onwards.
> Thankyou

Format Cells to Capital Letters
Can you format a cell so that regardless of how you type the letters into the cell it will format it to capitals? John Cannot do this via formatting. You can enforce CAPS by using Data Validation, but this would just make the user have to re-key. Either make sure Caps Lock is on or use event code in the worksheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Not Target.Cells = Range("A1") Then Exit Sub 'for a column use this next line ' If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False ...

Alphanumeric incremented number
First, I know that my approach violates all sorts of rules. The trouble is that I can't find another way to do this. I have not been able to find a way to frame the question so that a groups search yields information that is useful to my situation. So with the disclaimer that this approach is all wrong according to normalization principles, it does at least produce the desired result. I would like to know how I can accomplish this and still maintain normalization rules. The aim of this code is to assemble a number consisting of the department code (one or two letters), the last...

Default Cell format of existing Worksheets got changed automatical
I am using MS Excel 2007. Most of my excel files saved with default cell format as General while creation; currently for the last two days when i open those files the cell content format is showing as currency format. Pls let me how to fix the same If you reference a cell that has a format (other then General), the reference cell will adopt the same format. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "NGBalaji" <NGBalaji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297839C7-D769-4623-94F1-2A77FD179E34@microsoft.com... >I am using MS Excel 2007. Most o...

Adding floating point numbers
hi the value 0.1 in the computer memory is not equal 0.1 so if u add it 10 times the result is diffrent then 1.0: double value=0.1, result; ressult=value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value; //result<1.0 BUT: result=value*10; //result==1.0 WHY??? another example: float value=0.1, result; ressult=value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value+value; //result==1.0 WHY??? can anyone explain it? thx On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:18:05 -0700, rsobies <rsobies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >the value 0.1 in the computer memory is not equal 0.1...

Wrap Text for Merged Cells
Hi, Can somebody post some good VBA macro for wrapping text in case of merged cells (merged rows as well as merged colums or both merged rows and columns). Lot has been posted in this regard till now but i could'nt find any perfect solution to this. Please help. Mvrk If you've seen lots of code that has been posted, yet you don't say what makes that code "not perfect", how do you expect anyone to respond to your post? Should responders just guess what "perfect" means to you? Try posting back with more information - what you've tried, why it didn...

Highlight keyword in mail body
I got many emails every day. Can I use VBA to search every mail in my inbox, and highlight the keywords (I have a list of keywords)? Further, if a keyword exit in a mail, flag the mail so I will be able to read these mails first? For this purpose, if you have other approaches, please advise. Thanks in advance. Hong <wisemax@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1135863187.231590.237120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I got many emails every day. Can I use VBA to search every mail in my > inbox, and highlight the keywords (I have a list of keywords)? Further, > if a keyword ex...

Getting rid of "fax" numbers when sending e-mail
I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my "Contacts" folder as my address book. Whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook always asks me to choose which address I want for the contact, and it brings up both the e-mail address and the fax number. So I have to go through an extra step almost every time of choosing which I want. Is there any way to stop it from bringing up the "Fax" number? See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Lee Daum wrote: > I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my > "Contacts" folder as my add...

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

phone numbers
Hello: You know how you cannot integrate employees into Employee Maintenance in Integration Manager if the employee's phone number has parentheses and dashes in it? Well, I found a great TechKnowledge article that walks you through how to replace the parentheses and dashes and successfully integrate. But, if you have one employee in your integration file that does not have a phone number, then Integration Manager throws out the employee record altogether and says "Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'". So, I tried the code below. I added some lines to the TechKnowledg...

How do i number a list of data in excel 2003?
I was shown once, but I can't remember how it was done. I have a list of 5000 things and I need to number then 1-5000, but don't want to go through all 5000. I have seen it done where you type the first few like 1-7 and then use a shortcut and drag it down the rest of the list and the numbers will populate. Please help! You can try something like this: =IF(B1="","",COUNTA($B$1:B1) copy down....or if there are no gabs in your list simply double click on the lower right corner of the cell. HTH JG -- pinmaster -------------------------------------------------...

Input from remote 10-key and laptop numbers very slow
The last few days I've experience a delay when inputting numbers into Excel 2000 worksheets. When I type in the numbers, they slowly enter themselves, one at a time pausing between each number. This is occurring both with the remote 10-key for the laptop and the number keys on the laptop. This is occuring in all files, no matter how big or small. I wouldn't say I have any overly complicated workbooks, mostly basic functions. I have had much bigger and more complicated before without a problem. When using the 10-key or the number keys anywhere else, Word, internet, e...

Cell Number Format includeing other Cell Value
Hello, I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... My goal: Cell A1 content is "m2" as I Enter in cell A2: "10" -> the output to cell A2 should be "10 m2". Cell A1: "Dollars" -> A2: 200 -> shown "200 Dollars"... and so on.... Is that possible in Excel? (don't know VBA - yet :DD) Any help is appreciated! BR, Daniel How about just use a third cell: =a2 & " " & a1 daniel_of_vienna wrote: > > Hello, > > I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... > M...

combine cells #3
Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those in C1 with a space between the names? Mindy, here is one way, =A1& " " & B1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366327F8-7573-42A3-BF1A-9AEBE0275839@microsoft.com... > Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those > i...

Auto fill keeps adding 1 digit or 1 cell
When I try to drag a formula or value down or across the spreadsheet in Excel 2002 (Win XP Professional)it automatically adds 1 didgit to the value or references the cell next door to calculate the formula. How can I make the drag and autofill more accurate? Hi Try draggin with the right mouse button. When you get to the end of your range you get a list of fill options. -- Andy. "Ricardo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b0bc01c46826$09b920f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to drag a formula or value down or across the > spreadsheet...

Interesting challenge to highlight instances of >10 consecutive days scheduled
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C3E99D.D9DCF660 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In column A (A12:A377) I have this year's dates by day. In a cell in = another column, let's say cell D1, I want to put in a calculation that = will present the word "OVER-SCHEDULED" when there is ever a time when = someone has been scheduled in to work more that 10 consecutive days in a = row. The calculation must look for the following schedule codes to = determine a work shift: D,E,N...

sum the color cells
hi all. i have data with different color. i one column i have 3 color, blue, yellow and red. now i want to count & sum based on the colors. how to create formula for that? many thanks... reza hi, you have xl07 or higher, you are suppose to have this capability already. see help. i am having research trouble confirming that. if you have xl03 or earlier, see this site.... http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx regards FSt1 "reza" wrote: > hi all. > > i have data with different color. > i one column i have 3 color, blue, yellow and red. ...

Merged Cells #5
Is there some way to find which cells are merged without having to look at each cell? Sometimes I want to move or delete cells and it says" cannot move part of merged cell" or something like that, but it does not show me which cell is merged. Hi Terry, I am not aware of any inbuilt method for displaying merged cells. One possibility would be to use a macro like the following which will select (and therefore temporarily highlight) merged cells. As written, the macro will select all merged cells in the selected range. If the selection comprises a single cell, all merged cell...

Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?
If for example A1 contains: hello B1 contains: you Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you ???????? =a1 & " " & b1 If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like: =a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy") Dave wrote: > > If for example > > A1 contains: hello > B1 contains: you > > Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info > from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you > > ??????...

how to make gaps in plotted data when cell has formula
I have a simple data set with a value for each month except June. I want the chart to reflect a gap for June, not a zero value. Although I did tools, options, chart, make empty cells plot as gaps, it still plots the June value as a zero. In an attempt to get rid of div/o error, I have a formula in the data set as If (b5=0, "", c5/b5) . What I'm plotting is the quotient c/b. We have determined that the formula is what is causing the problem. Interestingly, if I open this same worksheet (as is) in quattro pro, the gap appears in the chart. Is there a different way to do th...

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

Re: how get rid of cells with unused formulas
Actually a much older solution is better for suppressing zero values selectively -- format with a custom format so that the third parameter is empty which is a zero value. This allows you to be selective. Format, cells, number #,###.00;-#,###.00;;@ the fomat of custom formatting is positive numbers; negative numbers; zero; text you can override positive, negative but those are the defaults. see the topic "Create a custom number format" in your Excel Help. related: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [s...

Check value range, then return spesific number?
Hi. I want to implement a function in my spreadsheet, that gives me this: When I enter a number into a cell, another number shows in another cell, based upon the number first entered. A bit more spesific: The idea is to calculate the number of instructors needed for a week end seminar. 1 participant requires 1 instructor. Same for 2 participants, and 3. 4, 5 and 6 participants requires 2 instructors. 7, 8 and 9 participants requires 3 instructors. And so on. For every 3 participant, we apply 1 instructor. So, i.e. if I enter the number 5, i want the number 2 in the cell below. I trie...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Excel Cell
Hi, Im trying to read an Excel file using OLE DB. I have around 500 characters in one cell. But the program is reading only 255 characters. How do i make my program to read all characters? Thanks in advance. dnk. hi, DNKMCA ! > Im trying to read an Excel file using OLE DB. > I have around 500 characters in one cell. But the program is reading only 255 characters. > How do i make my program to read all characters? see if this help: -> PRB: Transfer of Data from Jet 4.0LEDB Source Fails with Buffer Overflow Error http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q281...

Format a whole row based on value of one cell
I want to use conditional formatting to colour a whole row of cell based on the value in column C. I understand how conditional formatting works on the single cell yo select, but I don't know how to change the format for multiple cell based on the value of a single cell. Any suggestions? g -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following as an example: - select row 1 - goto 'format - Conditional Format' - choose 'formula' and enter the following formula =$C1=your_value - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to u...