Highlighting a cell - without printing the color

I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do
not want the color to print.  Is there a way to acheive
this in Excel 2000.

Thanks
Sandi
0
ssteines (1)

<File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab,
Under Print, check the "Black & White" box.

HTH,

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may
benefit!

"Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do
not want the color to print.  Is there a way to acheive
this in Excel 2000.

Thanks
Sandi

0
Ragdyer (92)

Cells Highlighted
I have a very large excel file, which when I click on an individual cel many other cells are all highlighted in a group. Any ideas, is it something obvious ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Conditional Formatting might be engaged. To see all cells in a sheet that have CF, at the menu, Edit, Goto, SpecialButton, Check Conditional Formatting, OK Delete, or modify....

Cell format and lookups
Hi Group, I have a time sheet which logs skills of those on duty. Cell formatting is applied to the duty skill manager to easily distinguish him on the time sheet. I have created reference tables with links to these sheets and then use lookups linked to a scroll bar to create a static master table so managers are able to view skills available spanning the whole year. The problem is that the formatting I use to show the duty manager is of course not carried over to the master table. Is it possible to read the original cell formatting and apply it to the master table created by the lookups. ...

prompt user to select a cell for use ina formula
I would like to creat a macro to do the following: 1) Move the focus to a specific area on my spreadsheet. (A listing of paper types and weights, with multiple weights per paper type.) 2) Then prompt the user to select the appropriate cell, by actually selecting that cell not just entering the cell reference, and then to press the "enter" key. 3) Upon pressing enter to move back to the location of the command button that activated the macro. 4) Place the cell that was selected by the user into a specific cell. (This cell is then used in a formula.) Any and all help will b...

Color fill based on multiple conditions
My spreadsheet contains subtotals. A B C D E F Production Line 1 10 1 5 2 10 Production Line 1 10 1 5 2 10 Production Line 1 Total 20 2 10 4 20 Some months the spreadsheet contains 100 lines and some months it contains 200. Does someone have some code that would loop through all the data in the sheet and for each subtotaled line (when A contains Total), go to the same row for B:F and if value is less than 5, fill with orange between 6 and 15, fill with blue greater ...

Swap Cells
Is there an easy way to select two cells and swap them? Thanks, W Wolfe Depends on your definition of easy. Temporarily, click and drag the first cell to an empty cell. Click and drag the 2nd cell to the 1st cell. Click and drag the temporary cell to the 2nd cell. Depending on how far apart the cells are, it may be easier to use cut+paste rather than click-and-drag. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005 In article <#WTIBH...

Multiple numbers in a cell separated by a comma, need separate cel
Multiple numbers in a cell separated by a comma, need separate cells. Is ther a way to take the contents of cell A1 (contains: 192410, 192413, 90704, ....) and "separate" the data to individual cells (without entering manually)? Thanks. Use text to columns facility. Works even when data is not text. Paste data into A1 then highlight extent of data just in col A. Hit text to columns. Chose delimited. Next. Delimiters comma (uncheck others). This should now have appearance of columns. Next. Format cols as general. Finish. Russell Dawson Excel Student Ple...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

I want a cell should 2 accept only >=0 or <=30 or Y or N
I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N Regards Brijesh =OR(AND(A1>=0,A1<=30),A1="Y",A1="N") In "Custom" for Data Validation. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Brijesh Poojary" <Brijesh Poojary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F46DC05-D143-407F-BB81-D5D9109914D6@microsoft.com... > > I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N > > Regards > Brijesh ...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

How do I make the heading cells always display?
Hi I want the cells (column heading) at the top of the worksheet to always display as I scroll up and down the worksheet? Thanks Mark Aus Assuming your headings are in row 1, select cell A2 and do Window > FreezePanes...........if they are in a nother row, select the cell in column A just below that row. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Clubsprint" <clubsprint@nospam.com> wrote in message news:e726a6$2hk$1@news-01.bur.connect.com.au... > Hi > I want the cells (column heading) at the top of the worksheet to always > display as I scroll > up and down the work...

Print Macro
Cell D5 represents a variable number from 1-120, the input changes the data accordingly on the whole workbook. I have input a macro to enter the number 1, print the document range A1:AB54 and then input number 2 and so on until i have 120 pages. This a frequently changing schedule and for review and distibution, would rather have a pdf doc. I changed the printer from the default to a pdf writer, when the macro runs it prints to the pdf doc but when the pdf document opens up, the macro stops after the first one, it does not go back to excel to work on number 2 etc.. Is there a ...

wrong format for month in cell
Hi all, Using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro. sp2 I have a date in a cell like this 03/01/2008. let say cell B1 Under format cell; Category = Date , Type = *03/14/2008 In another cell I have a formula like this; =MONTH(B1) Under format cell; Category = Custom, Type = mmmm the result = January. what??? I want it to be March, don't understand why it thinks 01 = month? Not sure why it would not be; 03 = month, 01 = Day, 2008 = year Will on top of wanting the correct format that I mentioned for month above, I also need it be be the previous months name? so the value in the c...

Too many cell formats #2
I have a set of spreadsheets that I am unable to change the format of any cells. When I try to change the background color, font or font size, an error message pops up saying there are too many cell formats. I really want to avoid having to re-create all of these spreadsheets. Please help. Thank you. Excel has a built in limit to the number of cell formats. You have reached that limit. As the message indicates, you cannot use any additional cell formats. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wsdanalyst" <...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

Outlook form - Checkbox
Dear all, Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I would like to have a different background color of the contact form for these contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The contacts are stored in the Public Folders. Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the checkbox is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)? Kind regards, Simon You can design your own custom contact form for this; Tools-> Forms-> ...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

Printing multiple charts #2
My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one individually? Hi, Depending on you layout inserting page breaks may solve your problem. Cheers Andy Edwina wrote: > My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it > possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one > individually? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Edwina, Here is a possible workaround. Go to View>Page Break Preview Select a range of cells and the...

how to reclaim unallocated space without losing data
I have a 320GB external hard disk with 2 primary partitions and an extended partition. There is also 122BG of "unallocated" space (marked black in the disk management graphic display). Can I resize the extended partition without losing the data that resides on the logical drive that's already allocated in the extended partition? Running WINDOWS/XP Home with sp3 installed. TIA, Phil cellist wrote: > I have a 320GB external hard disk with 2 primary partitions and an > extended partition. There is also 122BG of "unallocated" space > (mark...

Return to a previous cell
I have a macro button in a frozen pane which finds and goes to another occurrence of the contents of the active cell, often several hundred rows below the active cell. I'd like to have a macro that would take me back to the first cell. I figured it out myself. (give self pat on back) "Ken G." wrote: > I have a macro button in a frozen pane which finds and goes to another > occurrence of the contents of the active cell, often several hundred rows > below the active cell. I'd like to have a macro that would take me back to > the first cell. I actually hav...

Word crashes printing some docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks. The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 's...

Color Scheme
Are there any good websites that discuss good color schemes to use for spreadsheets? Can't point you to any sites I'm afraid, but personally I like to keep colour schemes simple, use pastel colours as opposed to bright garish ones, and only use colour where necessary in order to highlight data, or a section of data, eg totals, subtotals etc. If you do it regularly then try to keep some consistency to the colours you use. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 -----------------------------...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

Leaving a total sum cell blank until other cells are filled
Hi there, some help needed please for probably a simple problem. Lets say I have a value in cell A1. A2 is blank for now and the total of the SUM will be in A3. How can i get it so that A3 is blank until A2 is filled in. Any would be appreciated Try this in A3: =3DIF(OR(A1=3D"",A2=3D""),"",A1+A2) That checks for both A1 and A2 being empty, and if either of them are then the formula will return a blank. If you only want to test for A2, then you can do this: =3DIF(A2=3D"","",A1+A2) No need for SUM. Hope this helps. ...

Enter the same value for a group cells.
How do I enter the same value for a group of selected cells at once? Thank You. Select the cells go to the formula bar and enter the value do Ctrl+Enter rather than just enter to finish. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Raymond" <NotValidEmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:-LmdnbFhO-O_4WPdRVn-iQ@comcast.com... > How do I enter the same value for a group of selected cells at once? > > Thank You. > > ...