Highlight the cell/row if particular name comes..

Hi,

This is what I would like to achieve,

There will be sheet full of address details and in that I want to
highlight the cells with some colour if the particular list(i.e.list
of 10 particular area names like Area1,Area2....Area10) of area names
present along with the door # and Street name.

The challenge is that the area names will be mixed with street name
ect., in the same cell.

I can guess that this is possible with macro but my knowledge in that
is ZERO..

Pls help on this...
0
vinu

Can you give us some examples of what your data looks like, and
details of what columns you use etc.

Pete

On Apr 29, 9:01=A0pm, vinu <vinup...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is what I would like to achieve,
>
> There will be sheet full of address details and in that I want to
> highlight the cells with some colour if the particular list(i.e.list
> of 10 particular area names like Area1,Area2....Area10) of area names
> present along with the door # and Street name.
>
> The challenge is that the area names will be mixed with street name
> ect., in the same cell.
>
> I can guess that this is possible with macro but my knowledge in that
> is ZERO..
>
> Pls help on this...

0
Pete_UK
4/29/2010 11:18:45 PM
Hi,

Actually the work book will have a shift wise rostered to be given to
the transport providers.

separate sheets were maintained for every shifts(28sheets) and there
will be details of the resource and his/her address ect.,

The address details will mostly end up in C column. In address column
the area details will be there (in below e.g. I typed the area in caps
just to differentiate it from other words). Out of 100 areas(approx)
there is 10-15 Areas that I want the end user to notice right away as
it has to be given some spl attention.

 A B C
1 Gender NAME ADDRESS
2 M Johnson Rajendran 1P Station view Apartments No.30 Railway Border
Road,KODAMBAKKAM
3 F Jeyalakshmi Ramachandran 16/2 sreenath flats postal colony 2nd
street WEST MAMBALAM

Hope I'm bit clear this time...

Regards,

Vinu...
0
vinu

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Automatic changes in cells

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Duplicate messages coming into inbox
We had a problem with 7040 messages re-coming into our inbox from June 2009 through April 2010 this past Saturday. We had turned our computer off for the first time in 30 days. We are using 5 different email accounts within the same version of Outlook and only the MSN email account gave us duplicates. We called their support and they said there was no server outage or anything that might have caused this duplication. Now we're trying to find the Outlook set up that might be causing the problem. All of our email settings use POP/STMP in Tools/Account Settings on the Email tab....

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

how can you add more rows in excel 2000?
Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has. Impossible, sorry. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Khody" <Khody@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:8A9B7CC9-6832-47D4-830C-7DE692D5616F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other > words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has. Unfortunately, you can't increase the number of rows. Versions 2002 and 2003 have the same limitation. tj "Kh...

Two calendar dates in one cell..??
I have a Microsoft Publisher calendar document that was created in 2005 that shows the dates Monday - Sunday. When I print it, it will not print out any dates that fall after the fifth week (eg January 2006 it prints up to January 29th but not the 30th or 31st). These are in an "overflow" area. But when I open the calendar part in Word to edit the calendar, it appears normally and that sixth week shows up just fine. I need that sixth week to print OR I need to do the split date feature (I would prefer the split date). How can I set up the numbers in one of those cells so i...