Hiding rows based on a value

I am looking for a way to hide a row based on the value in a cell.

EG: a price list which hides rows where the quantity column is '0' so that
when you print it / view it on screen you only see relevant rows.

Thanks.
0
John1063 (943)

Menu Data>Filter>Autofilter and select a value of 0.

--

HTH

RP

> I am looking for a way to hide a row based on the value in a cell.
>
> EG: a price list which hides rows where the quantity column is '0' so that
> when you print it / view it on screen you only see relevant rows.
>
> Thanks.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

make colour in rows stay
How can I lock the fill colours in a row even when I change around the data or sort alphabetically? Thanks and God Bless, Harley Use CF http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Crowraine" <Crowraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED158D7D-62AB-4DA8-A948-2A6556D8047C@microsoft.com... > How can I lock the fill colours in a row even when I change around the data > or sort alphabetically? > > Thanks and God Bless, > Harley ...

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Hide tab or sections
Is it possible towrite an event code for onChange to hide the tabss or sections when the value change in a picklist? Thank youo No "Alper Can" <alperc@datasistem.com.tr> wrote in message news:ub4%23uu8GEHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it possible towrite an event code for onChange to hide the tabss or > sections when the value change in a picklist? > > Thank youo > > actually you can, but its unsupported,..........I did something similar and the code was horrible (but worked), and after 1.2, it got erased (didn't want it anymore). -Gary &qu...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

Create individual files from a row

Determine number of rows with data

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

Enable/Disable a Form Control Based on Security Group Permissions
How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user’s security group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a form (call it box1), I want box1 to be enabled if the user who opened Access is a member of a security group called “Breaker Test Admin.” For members of any other group (except of course “Admins”), box1 should be disabled. Thank you, for your help! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:57:13 GMT, "BenS" <u35527@uwe> wrote: >How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user�s security >group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a ...

EXTRACTING UNIQUE RECORD BASED ON CONDITION
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C781BF.08FB92F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone! I would like to extract unique records based on a condition. For = example, how to extract unique record from column 'B' when column 'A' = has "AP" or any other desired condition. The data is as follows: A B =20 MI 70056542=20 MI 70056543=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP SUGAR CREEK ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

underline in row not repeating
It seems as if my bottom of the cell outline is not repeating on subsequent pages. I have a few header rows on a sheet. The bottom row has a bottom line. I'm talking about cell outlines, not underlining of words in the cell. Anyway, I've told the print option to repeat the first 3 rows on following pages but the bottom outline does not seem to repeat. How can I fix this? Thanks, Keith Never mind. This seems to be working. Not sure what was going on the first time. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OM82rj8rIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

How to unhide Excel rows after they are automatily hidden
Helpful advice on posting to newsgroups here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Chuck" wrote in message ...

Storing distinct values in an array
Hello .. in the speadsheet, i have a column containing a series of numbers maybe of them repeated multiple times... i would like to store all distinct values in an array any ideas on how i could do that ... eg , if these were the numbers going down column then 1 3 5 7 5 3 5 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 8 5 3 .. store 1,3,5,7,9,4,8 in an array, in no specifi order thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Show zero values
When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being displayed. I have reviewed the following: - conditional formatting - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View) - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet Change event) - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected) Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence? Cheers John Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide ...

CButton::GetButtonStyle()
hi! is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style value? where can i get information when to use a mask and when to use the plain value? how about other controls/windows? actually i am a little bit confused about this... thanks, philipp "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bonpkq$7hi$04$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! > > is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style > value? I'm not sure what you're asking, but GetButtonStyle returns the LOBYTE of the GetWindowLong/GW...

Help with Highlighting all duplicates in a row
I am trying to highlight duplicates in a row and am using the explanation: Highlighting Duplicate Entries Our first task is to highlight the cells in Range1 that are duplicates. We use Excel's Conditional Formatting tool to accomplish this. First, highlight the entire Range1. Then, select the Conditional Formatting tool from the Format menu: Format->Conditional Formatting. Change the "Cell Value Is" option to "Formula Is" and enter the following formula in the formula text box: =IF(COUNTIF(Range1, A5)>1,TRUE,FALSE) Where A5 is the first cell in Range1....