hiding columns when close to 256 limit

Hi folks,

I am working with a sheet 250 columns wide.  I need to hide about 10 o
these columns however when I try to hide these columns a warning tell
me I can't move objects off the sheet, even though I am not inputtin
any additional info into the spare 6 columns!!  I have tried deletin
these columns and resaving the spreadsheet but this hasn't worked.

If anyone knows a way round this I would be extremely grateful if the
could let me know!!

Many thanks for any input.

Kind regards

This might help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q17008

Melvin

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211769

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:31:34 -0600, melvin
<<melvin.12fymk@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I am working with a sheet 250 columns wide.  I need to hide about 10 of
>these columns however when I try to hide these columns a warning tells
>me I can't move objects off the sheet, even though I am not inputting
>any additional info into the spare 6 columns!!  I have tried deleting
>these columns and resaving the spreadsheet but this hasn't worked.
>
>If anyone knows a way round this I would be extremely grateful if they
>could let me know!!
>
>Many thanks for any input.
>
>Kind regards,
>

>---

Gord

how do i multiply entire columns of numbers by a %
put the percent in a cell somewhere>copy>select the range desired>paste special>multiply -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "stgaw53" <stgaw53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7489B00-8D48-46BF-B208-080A4FB4BE4B@microsoft.com... > ...

How can I delete a list from a column?
Hello all -Excel 2003- I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in M, this M columns takes also the list of L. I have now the same list in L and M. How can I delete the list from M? Thanks a lot. Select the column and Edit>Clear>Contents. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:51 +0200, "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote: >Hello all -Excel 2003- > >I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in >M, this M columns takes also the list of L. >I have now the same list in L a...

can a column have diffent width?
I have dates in column A and 20 rows down or so, I want to have names in column A and numbers in column B but column A must be wider to accept the names. I want the dates to be a certain width say 64 pixels and the names to be 336 pixels,can this be done? thanks No, a column has one width from top to bottom best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dave" <spammer@nospammer.net> wrote in message news:kdLGf.8425$bW6.4202@bignews7.bellsouth.net... >I have dates in column A and 20 rows down or so, I want to have names in >...

Automatic Send/Receive When Closed
I have Outlook 2002 and it used to send and recieve when I was not in the program itself. It was actually kind of handy. A little mail icon would show up in the system try to let me know email was there. It was great when I was doing other work. It was also good becuase when I am at the office, I can download my email when I sync my mobile device with my computer. How do I get that back? Any ideas? ...

limit to worksheets
Anyone know the limit to how many worksheets you can have in one excel document DJA, you don't mention what version of Excel you're using, but if you search the topic "Specifications" in Excel 2000 help, it'll tell you that in an Excel workbook you get three worksheets by default and the total is limited by available memory. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DJA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A21D51E9-A9B5-430A-A87F-B60BE1F7A002@microsoft.com... > Anyone kno...

Table / Column descriptions
Is there ANYWHERE that you can find what the column names in each table represent ? Such as there is a column in the SOP10200 table that is PURCHSTAT. Some of them are a 1 and some are a 2. What does this represent ? Where can we find out a detailed list of what these columns are in the tables ? Why does MS not provide this ? Is it a secret or is it just because they dont even know ? This is VERY frustrating in trying to troubleshoot Great Plains .... or shoud I say Great PAINS !! Accolade has been the best so far, just not as detailed as one would need for accurate tro...

Excel: Ignoring Specific data in a column
I have Excel data (raw) that I am importing into an Excel sheet which has my formulas). I am trying to add up a column of numbers, but some of the fields have the letter's "N/A" Presently I am using formula =sum(A10:A15000), but it is not working due to the "N/A". How can I get Excel to ignore the "N/A" and just add the cell's that do have the numbers. For reference, the numbers do have decimal points (xx.xx) Thanks, -Avi If the N/A are just text, then select the column and use find/replace to make them all zeros. If the N/A are the result of fu...

Multiple Column Sorting
I've been reading online about sorting multiple columns and I'm confused. Selecting one column to sort also selects all the other columns as well, at least in Excel 2000 and XP. I didn't see any difference in selecting one column or using the "Then by" boxes, in fact, the "Then by" choices didn't work. If the first column sorted in ascending order, and I chose to sort the second and third columns to sort in descending order, Excel still sorted all three columns in ascending order. If Excel sorts the all the columns together by default, why use the "Then...

"Reply" closes Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002. It opens fine, mail downloads, I can read it, delete it. But, if I hit reply, Outlook immediately closes, no error message, no warning. This is intermittent, which is even more frustrating. No new updates lately, don't know what the deal is. I've run detect and repair. Little help? Robin Try a new mail profile or run scanpst.exe - I would run scanpst.exe first. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be ...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

Column Labels #5
I have a coworker who changed the column labels from letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Does anyone know how to change them back to letters. The columns are numbered in all of the worksheets that she opens. Stephanie tools>options>general>settings>ric1 uncheck -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stephanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d7701c52341$aceff2e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a coworker who changed the column labels from > letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Do...

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column
Basically I have a spreadsheet which is filtered by column R and I wan to sum the number of 'Y's in column P based only on the visibl filtered table rather than hidden rows. Now I know the subtotal worksheet function will ignore hidden rows however it does not seem to be able to total up the number of 'Y's i the range of cells. The count function would sum up the number of 'y' but it counts the hidden columns as far as I know. Is there some other function which would allow me to sum the number o 'y's ignoring hidden rows -- neowo ---------------------------...

display last value in a column
I would like to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in a column in a specific cell. For example, A1 is to display the last value unequal to zero recorded in column B. The number of entries and values in column B changes frequently; therefore the last value in column B is in a different row. Thanks. -- Mike Try this... Assuming there are no logical TRUE entries in the range. =LOOKUP(1E100,1/B2:B100,B2:B100) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFFCBDB0-3632-46AC-A3AB-073E6F0D475...

Activity Appointment Closed automatic
When I have an activity that is an appointment, it seems that there is an automatic mechanism that closes the activity next Day. So, users cannot change anything on that activity. All fields are disabled as it must be on a closed activity. But usually users, want to comment their appointments the next day they saw up at office. The only thing they can do is to add Notes, but this is not what they actually want to do. Is there any way to find and change the funtion that closes activities that are appointments next day after the scheduled time ? Regards Elias Kitsopoulos Login Ltd Software De...

How do I sort data in column B to align with data in column A?
Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I want to be able to sort a range of codes in Column B to basically move and realign to the same row as the data that is in Colmn A eg Start Column A Column B R F G B B H H R F G Finish Column A Column B R R G G B B H H F F Piece a cake. Delete columm B, then copy column A and paste into Column B "Jephri1" wrote: > Im fairly green to Excel but what I am after is I...

How do I sort a column consisting of fractions, decimals, and who.
I need to sort products by the horsepower. Horsepower can be a fraction, decimal or whole number. For example, I need 1/100 to come before 1/10, 1/125 to come before 1/12, 1/10 to come before 1.0, 3/4 to come before 1...etc. Why don't you use the Fraction format under Number format? That way you only enter the decimal value and it will be represented by it's fraction, but the sorter won't be confused. Another option is to use this formula: =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("/",E8)),VALUE(E8),LEFT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)/RIGHT(E8,SEARCH("/",E8)-1)) Where E8 is ...

How to increase number of columns appear in a worksheet?
You only get 256 columns with any released version of excel. Dhinesh wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Text to Columns #4
I have a list of the Fortune 1000 companies in one cell. Is there a way to convert this information into columns with: Company City State Telephone 1 Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, AR 479-273-4000 2 Exxon Mobil Corporation Irving, TX 972-444-1000 3 General Motors Corporation Detroit, MI 313-556-5000 4 Ford Motor Company Dearborn, MI 800-392-3673 5 General Electric Company Fairfield, CT 203-373-2211 6 ChevronTexaco Corporation San Ramon, CA 925-842-1000 7 ConocoPhillips Houston, TX 281-293-1000 8 Citigroup Inc New York, NY 212-559-1000 9 International Business Machines Corporatio...

Worksheet 'shape' (#columns by #rows)
Hi All; Have a problem here in that we would like to import some data into a spreadsheet, but the data array is 512 by 512 elements. Excel seems to force a limit of 256 columns. Is there a way to change the array shape? In any Excel version 97-2003. -- __ Pete Snell Royal Military College Kingston Ontario Snell-p@rmc.ca The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw Hi Peter there is now way to change this limitation (Ex...

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

Hide more action in grid toolbar
Hi there, is there any ways to hide the more action in the grid toolbar. or edit the "Edit" link under the more action to redirect it to another aspx page instead? ...

Mailbox limits in exchange 2003 not being enforced.
I'm not sure what is going on but up until about a month ago mailbox limits were being enforced in exchange. I have checked all my settings and have tried applying the limits at the IS level and the individual user level. ESM is showing that it is issuing warnings and that prohibit send is being enforced on the mailboxes over the limits, but people are still able to send. I have also checked with individual users and they are receiving the "warning message" that their mailbox is over the limit but they certainly can still send. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Steve...

Close historical MOs
1. We have not been closing MOs for the past couple of years. We now want to just set them as close. We dont want any journal entries or inventory entries to be generated while closing because these are for past years. These past years are already audited and inventory adjustments made/journal entry adjustments already made and so on. How can I set these MOs to close without any issues but not have any of the other functionality like INV and GL transactions happen with it. 2. I am having several released MO which I want to purge out of the system. These MO have only been released and ...

Line and Column Graph
I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes with it. Ex- Pink bar and Pink Line Blue Bar and Blue Line Green Bar and Green Line Now all the lines line up on the middle bar which happens to be pink. I want each data point to line up with the correct color bar not with the middle bar. -- Thanks, Nikki What kind of bar chart do you have? Clustered, Stacked? "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F23DE85-B1AE-40FC-A0D2-47EF73FA08B2@microsoft.com... > I have a graph that has six series. Each column has a line that goes ...

Leading Zeros and Text-to-Columns
Hi all, I'm using Excel X for Mac, and I'm trying to split my four-digit dat into two rows with two digits each: 0001 => 00|01 0101 => 01|01 9800 => 98|00 When I first imported the data it dropped all the leading zeros, bu this was quickly remedied by making the custom format: 0000 However, if I go straight from here to text-to-columns the zeros don' show up in the fixed-width option screen, making it impossible t properly separate them. Likewise, if I try to set the formatting of the cells to text, all th leading zeros are instantly dropped. The latter attempt - swi...