Hide worksheets if macros are disable

Hi, what I was hoping to do is if the marcros are disable when the file
is opened all the worksheets are hidden except one with a message
saying to enable macros in which case this sheet would be hidden if the
macros were enable. TIA

0
simonmerks (16)

If macros are disabled, there's nothing you can do to change they way it opens.

Maybe you can save the file with the worksheets hidden the way you want.  Then
have your auto_open/workbook_open unhide the ones you want to see.

--

Dave Peterson
0
"Eintsein_mc2" <simonmerks@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hi, what I was hoping to do is if the marcros are disable when the file
> is opened all the worksheets are hidden except one with a message
> saying to enable macros in which case this sheet would be hidden if the
> macros were enable. TIA

0
ssor (40)

Macro Error...I Give Up
Happy New Year everyone! I am trying to run Data/Advanced Filter & copy filter result to another worksheet. When I manually do it, it works fine, however when I record a macro and run it, I get "Run time error '1004' Extract name has a missing or illegal field name. Any ideas? Here's the macro: Sub CopyFilterData2() ' ' CopyFilterData2 Macro ' Macro recorded 1/1/2005 ' ' Range("V7").Select Sheets("Entry").Range("A8:N31").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=Sheets("Entry")....

Entire worksheet moves when moving from cell to cell
Today when I opened up my Excel program the entire worksheet moves when I move from column to column, row to row. For example if I'm in cell A1 and move to B1, the A column disappears off my screen. Same with the rows. I know that it's something simple, just don't know where to look. Thanks for your help in advance! sounds like the scroll lock on the keyboard is on Al, see if scroll lock on your key board is on -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is alwa...

Macro help, generating list
I want to cerate a macro in Excel 2007 that does the following: Starts at the top of a list of numbers and goes down through each, checking the cell to the right of it to see if it is blank. If the cell to the right is blank, takes that number (in the left column) and puts it at the bottom of a list of previously checked numbers whoes cell to the right is also blank. Below is an example of what the two columns would look like. Although there may be as many as 400 numbers in the left column. 1 a 2 a 3 a 4 6 a 11 a 14 Then the resultant list of numbers would look like this: 6 14 ...

Disappeared macros
A few days ago I noticed all my macros, that had been stored in Personal Macro Workbook, had disappeared. What could be the reason? What makes you believe they have disappeared? Do you not see them in Tools>Macro>Macros? Is Personal.xls opening when Excel is started? Have you looked into the modules of Personal.xls to see if the macros are truly gone? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:41:00 -0700, vladimir <vladimir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A few days ago I noticed all my macros, that had been stored in Personal >Macro Workbook, had disappea...

macro to read and sort data from multiple text files
Hello there !! I have x number of ascii text files that have space delimited data columns (files may have 3 to 40 data columns). There are about 25 header rows at the top of each file but I am not going to use info from these rows. I also have a master.xls file. Could someone please help me create a macro to do the following - A) read first *.txt file from the given folder into sheet1 of the master.xls file. NOTE: I have already set up the sheet2 of the master.xls to sort required rows of data from sheet1 (based on row headers) using vlookup to populate a 40 column wide array. B) Copy the ...

Looking for macro that converts a table that I can import into Access
Hi, I often have a table in excel with many columns and rows that I want to import into Microsoft Access so that I can query against the data. The easiest way to explain this is with the following example: Original Table: Age Disease 0-7 8-12 13-15 Diabetes 25 50 100 Asthma 60 20 45 Desired Result: Disease Age Value Diabetes 0-7 25 Diabetes 8-12 50 Diabetes 13-15 100 Asthma 0-7 60 Asthma 8-12 20 Asthma 13-15 45 Do any of you have a macro that would accomplish this? This macro worked ok for me. I assumed that the headers we...

Hideing "headers" and "siders"
I remember there was a way to hide the "headers" -"a", "b", "c"'s etc. and the "siders"-"1", "2", "3"'s etc. I recently got a worksheet with them hidden and can't for the life of me remember how to unhide them. Does anyone remember?? THANKS!!! Hi Tools - Options - View -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "SDSU Jim" <SDSU Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F9AE1747-BF01-4A16-8753-3D4BA71569B7@microsoft.com... > I remember there was a way to hide th...

Help with getting data from a worksheet
Hi, I have 2 excel sheets username sheet --------------- it contains just usernames in one column main sheet ----------- i want to chose from a listbox, combobox, or whatever one or mor usernames from the username sheet. How can i do that?? another question: I want to be sure that every username has one instance only can you help be? BogN -- Bog ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BogN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54717 BogN w...

Can't copy worksheet
I have a workbook where, if I right click ANY of the sheet tabs, I can't copy the sheet. Sheet Protection on/off makes no diff. The book has no links other than by formulas within the book. However 1 sheet has no formulas at all. I also cannot insert a worksheet to this workbook! Can anyone tell me what conditions could cause this? The problem is restricted only to this workbook. Rob Rob Sounds like the Workbook Protection is "On" Tools>Protection>UnProtect Workbook. You may have to supply a password. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:19:43 +1030, "...

Disabled User generating event log error 1022
Our exchange server 2003 has several disabled users at any one time, however one recent user seems to generate the following error once every 24 hours since it was was disabled: Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /o=XXXXXXX/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=YYYYY. Error: -2147221231 Does anyone know how to correct this? We have followed all the usual recommendations we have come accross. Ensuring SELF permissions, etc... Please note: I have replaced the domain and user wi...

Excel Macro's and Security
Hi, I've got a minor problem with Excel on my machine. If I open up Excel and then open up a file through the pathways there then it asks me if I want to enable Macros as expected. If, however, I try to open the file straight through windows explorer then I don't get this option and all the macros are automatically disabled. Obviously this isn't a huge problem but it is a tad frustrating! Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this may be? Many thanks in advance Mark No way you have two installations/versions of Excel, right? Next time you open a file via Explore...

Disable Outlook 2007 Splash screen...
This is not a performance or hang issue. It is possible to disable the Outlook 2007 splash screen at program launch as this is a fully programmable PC. Regardless of the personal feelings of the forum moderators, I want the option of not advertising for Microsoft or any other vendor every time I launch an application I've purchased the rights to use on my PC. Almost every other Office application has the ability to turn off useless splash screens. Now, how do we make this adjustment to Microsoft Office 2007? Any PC is fully programable This is a user group & as such is not moder...

Excel Macro Problem
From within an Excel macro I am trying to automatically generate series of HTML links on the 1st Worksheet of an Excel Workbook whic point to a variable numer of subsequent worksheets. (See cod attached) The problem I have is that I can easly see how to create links t external locations but can't find the right reference format to poin to internal Worksheet locations. Can any one help? For i = 2 To Sheets.Count With Worksheets("Main") Cells(i + 6, 4).Value = Sheets(i).Name .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=.Cells(i + 6, 4), Address:=Worksheets(i).Name End With For rwIndex = 1 To 1000000...

How to add a macro (.bas) file in Excel?
I am running Excel 2003. I need to import a .bas file as a button so that it can be used on all worksheets/books. I am aware of the visual basic editor and importing a file, but what do I do from there. Thank you in advance. If you want the macro to be available for all workbooks, with Personal.xls open go to the VBE and select Personal.xls and import the *.bas file to that workbook. Or create a new workbook, import the *.bas file then save the new file as an Add-in which can be loaded through Tools>Add-ins. Assign the macro to a button, either on a Toolbar or on a sheet. Gord Dibbe...

Relative Cell position NOT working with or without macro
I am trying to move 4 cells within one column to 4 cells within one row, ie: A2, A3, A4, A5 to B1, C1, D1, E1 by using a macro. I want to repeat the macro then on cells A8, A9, A10, A11 moving them to rows A7, B7, C7, D7, etc. See the pattern? IE I am converting data in a column to data in rows. The first 3 different files I tried this on, relative cell position worked great. Then all of a sudden on the next file (and every file since) the macro always runs as if it is using absolute cell references. No matter what cell on the sheet I start the macro from, it always go back and tries th...

Disable ability to CUT
I have a protected file, that has unprotected data input fields. Is there any way to disable the CUT function, so that users can't cut and paste (as this causes problems). It's OK if they copy and paste. Thanks. To stop users from being able to do a cut requires a macro. The macro has to disable the Cut command wherever as occurs. It also has to disable the Ctrl-x and Shift-Del keyboard shortcuts. Drag and Drop also has to be disabled, and blocked from being turned back on. And all these things have to be reset when you're done too. My sample macros are below. You'...

Runtime error when trying to save Excel 2000 worksheet from VB app
I have a VB 6.0 application that creates reports using Excel 2000. The application has been working fine but recently I installed it on a new hard drive (same configuration) and now I get a run time error every time I try to save the excel report. The error is: Runtime error '1004'. "Unable to set the CenterHeader Property of the Page Setup class." Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?! ...

UNICODE macro redefinition warning
I recently converted my project to Visual Studio .NET 2003 (from Visual Studio 6.0). It compiles fine, but with each new class I add I receive the following warning during compilation: warning C4005: 'UNICODE' : macro redefinition C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxv_w32.h(123) : see previous definition of 'UNICODE' It's just a warning, and everything seems to work, but I hate disabling warnings. Any ideas on why this might be happening? VS2003 includes the #define UNICODE declaration in the preprocessor commands. So, i...

Removing disabled/corrupt calendars
We recently had a mail server crash. We got everyone back up onto a new server and clients are having an issue trying to remove their old calendar. When you try to go into the calendar after the crash it said unable to expand. I tried to remove the calendar in the following ways: 1. Right click on the calendar and select delete - no windows come up or anything about not able to delete. 2. highlight the calendar and then go to Edit - Delete. same response. 3. close outlook and reopen it using the following command line: outlook.exe /resetnavpane --- now this removes al...

Anyone familair with Documentum Webtop and running Excel macros?
The company I work for uses Documentum Webtop as its document storage base. I have created daily logs to be used for various job areas. Outside of documentum the macros work great in blanking out various cells, changing the date, keeping it static in archived files etc because those macros are based on file names. When putting the documents into documentum the macros don't work correctly because in that system it doesn't create a new file name after you edit the document. It creates a new version of the document and keeps the same file name. ex: Day Log.xls che...

lost the worksheet tab
i can't find the worksheet tab in the bottom line,when open an exist xls file,i can see only one worksheet, but it has more than 3 ,what happen? how can i do? the setting in the option is checked. Hi sounds like they might be hidden, try format / sheet / unhide Cheers JulieD "hnwlc@hotmail.com" <hnwlc@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA3B91F-697F-46E9-8B03-5DEF175C4AE7@microsoft.com... >i can't find the worksheet tab in the bottom line,when open an exist xls > file,i can see only one worksheet, but it has more than 3 ,what happ...

out of office message for disabled user?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C46E3E.64F51EB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How would you do this? I always have to leave a departed employee's = account enabled to have an out of office response set on it, is there = any way to do this with a disabled account? --=20 Scott ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C46E3E.64F51EB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transi...

show/hide child splitter window
hi there i have an app which has, as its main view layout, a series of nested splitters one of these nested splitters i want to be a 'dynamically changing splitter layout' that is, the user selects a different task to perform, and this splitter child window 'changes' to show the different task layout the way i have implemented it so far is each Task manager object creates its own child splitter window into the same pane of the main splitter window thus in mainfrm: CSplitterWnd m_wndMainSplitter; m_wndMainSplitter.CreateStatic(...); in TaskMgr1: CSplitterWnd m_wndChil...

Macro/Addin to Shift Cells Right
I convert a lot of text files to Excel format and often have to shift various cells to the right. I know how to use the insert action to shift the cells to the right but am wondering if there is some way I can create a Macro to do this. If there is an addin I could use, I'm willing to try it. Thanks for any help. Jerry Sub MoveIt() ActiveCell.Insert Shift:=xlToRight End Sub -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Jerry" <Jerry@nospam.com> ...

Macro with Range of Worksheets
This is probably simple to do, but I don't do this enough to know. How would I edit this macro to paste to a range of 134 worksheets that are after two that I do not want to paste to. In this example I have gone to each worksheet and pasted one at a time. Range("G14").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("2").Select Range("G14").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Sheets("3").Select Range("G14").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Sheets("4").Select Range("G14").Select ActiveSheet.Paste try this idea ...