Hide Rows #3

Is there a quick way to hide every other row starting at row 12? I.E. hide
rows 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on.

Thanks,
Steve
0
sgauer (5)

Hold down the control key>select by row number>hide
or  write a macro to hide (use MOD)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Steve" <sgauer@neo.rr.com.nospamallowed> wrote in message
> Is there a quick way to hide every other row starting at row 12? I.E. hide
> rows 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

0
Don
2/9/2005 7:54:27 PM
Steve wrote:
> Is there a quick way to hide every other row starting at row 12? I.E. hide
> rows 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Be VERY wary hiding rows, they can play havoc when copying formulae and
other operations.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
0
gordonbp11 (453)

Line Graphs #3
Is there a way to shade the area between two lines in a line graph, while leaving the rest unshaded? Yep, try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html _______ "SecretaryII" <SecretaryII@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96672ABF-085A-4B98-9CA6-2302A9F458B4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to shade...

Outlook and Outlook express #3
I run both MS Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 97 on my PC. I want to upgrade outlook. I currently use Outlook 97 and want to upgrade to Outlook 200. Can I do that without doing anything to Outlook Express? Your Outlook upgrade shouldn't affect Outlook Express at all. It never hurts to back up your data just in case of a catastrophe, but you shouldn't have any problems in this case. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:00f701c39bf2$ae...

Completely hide horizontal scrollbar in CListCtrl
Does anyone know how to completely hide the horizontal scrollbar in a ListView control? I have a resizeable dialog on which a ListView sits and thus resizes along with the dialog. The only way that I know of to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar is to make the last column width such that it just fills the client area of the control. I've been experimenting with WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING and WM_SIZE handlers, and I can hide the scroll bar by calling a function that resizes the last column; even got it to work with hardly any flickering of the control (a custom draw listview) by limiting the ...

Limiting number of columns/rows on a sheet
Hi How to limit the number of columns on a sheet? I'd like to have a columns on a sheet and afterwards coming the "gray area" (Like it i coming after 256 columns or 65536 rows) Thanks in advance Tarv -- tarv ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tarvi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55883 hide unwanted rows and columns "tarvi" <tarvi.2aiukb_1152185701.4965@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tarvi...

SEND/RECIEVE #3
Hi I am using outlook 2002. I use MSN6 messanger for chatting. Before I have installed outlook 2002 in my computer MSN6 used to give me an alert when new mail arrived. But after installing athe OL2002 it does not do that anymore. I have checked the settings for the messanger and "Alert me when new message comes" box is checked. Can anyone help me out that I can use the feature again? Sincerely Arefin rifat83@msn.com Arefin wrote: > Hi > I am using outlook 2002. I use MSN6 messanger for chatting. Before I > have installed outlook 2002 in my computer MSN6 used to give me an...

how to make a 3 fold brochure and cant find out how?
I have looked everywhere, and tried to change the page several different ways. Can anyone help me? Send me an e-mail and I'll attach a three fold brochure to a reply. It will be in Publisher 2000 format but should be workable for you. I'm at; dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com Mention the brochure. -- Don Vancouver, USA "britmaniee" <britmaniee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9F80011-C4B7-4C0C-A130-4C14DD7F6698@microsoft.com... >I have looked everywhere, and tried to change the page several different > ways. Can anyone help me? Help he...

vb code to copy and list selected row to diff sheets
I am working with workbook with 30sheets for each day x each worksheet having same headers and colmuns x I want to copy selected rows to corresponding sheets with different name . eg. date name details amount type 13feb kk ccj/dxb 1300 inv 14feb pv ccj/auh 1200 alh I would like to copy first row to a sheet named inv and second row to sheet names alh. can u adv me the code to be used -- pvkkutty new to discussion group however a freequent reader of discussion group posts Try the below code with all the sheets... Sub CopyRowstoDifferentSheets() Dim wb As Workbook...

Hide/Limit Records in a Report
Hi, I have a subreport that contain upto 63 records. However I can only fit 32 lines on a singe page and then the remainder goes onto the next page. I want the report to stay on a singe side, therefore I want to limit one report to 32 records and then display the remaining records on another report. I have created a count field within the report, however how do I prevent one report showing records after number 32 and the other only showing records after 32. Any help would be grately appreciated. Tahnks Create 2 queries to feed the 2 reports. In query design view, open the properties b...

When concatenating concatenates don't concatenate... #3
Sometimes the simplest thing... I didn't realise that all the files ha to be open for the concatenation to work :rolleyes: . Doing s eliminates the problem and explains the erratic behaviour. And yes, th idea is to blend the variable and unvariable parts of an html pag together by pasting the final concatenation into a notepad.txt file Primitive, but interim. Thank you very much for your help. Best regards d'A -- d'A ----------------------------------------------------------------------- d'Az's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 ...

Insert a blank row

ServerXMLHTTP.3.0 parsing problem
I'm using an ASP 3.0 page to query the USPS site for shipping rate info using the ServerXMLHTTP.3.0 object. The code is as follows: set objSrvHTTP = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.3.0") objSrvHTTP.open "GET", "http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll?API=RateV2&XML=" & xmlDoc.xml, False objSrvHTTP.send The request is successful, as indicated when I pretty print the resulting response like this: Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write(objSrvHTTP.responseText) The result is a well-formed XML document in...

when certain rows are hidden, can I also hide a combobox?
Hello, I have a code that hides certain rows in sheets 3 and 4. Is there a way to make 'Drop Down 3' and 'Drop Down 4' hidden when rows as per Case 2 are hidden? The code I have so far is below: Sub ComboBox1_Change() ' Combobox Value Is changed varData = Range("B27").Value2 ' unhide ranges On Error GoTo 100 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheet3.Range("A58:A68").EntireRow.Hidden = False Sheet4.Range("A150:A185").EntireRow.Hidden = False Sheet3.Range("A35:A57, A26").EntireRow.Hidd...

Upgrade MS Money 3.0 to 2006 compatible?
For years I have been using MS Money Version 3.0, yes 3.0 not 2003 on old computer with Windows 98. Have purchased new computer with XP2 and old program works for most part but there is some data errors and want to upgrade MS Money. Will the new program be able to convert my data from the oldie program to the new program or is it too old? I do not use the Money Program to track everyday spending, credit cards, but use mainly for tracking RRSP's and other investment accounts and assets/liabilities - which version of Money 2006 would be best for me? There are some scenarios where an...

SQL Error Message- Row Cannot Be Located...
Hi, we're getting the following error message on a customers machine when she tries to open up Store POS for the first time- "Row cannot be located for updating- some values may have changed since last read". This is a new RMS Store Operations 2.0 installation and it's connecting to HQ. After this particular store was first created, there was an error synchronizing the databases, a collation problem which was immediately fixed and everything synched up fine. Disconnected and reconnected the database, Store Manager opens fine, deleted and recreated the register and ...

VBA/Row number/column numer
If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row NUMBer and not column number, how would I describe this cell in vba? i.e. instead of AA5, i want to be able to talkb about it as being column 27 and row 5... thanks! Mika, Cells(Row, Column) Cells(2, 3) would give you cell C2 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "mika." <conceptualness@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:07ad01c37be7$ffd1b0a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row > NUMBer a...

hiding selected pop3 messages from outlook (RETR issue)
In our pop3 proxy, we need to hide some messages from outlook. In LIST, outlook sees all IDs (say, IDs 1 2 3). Then when, outlook does "RETR 1", we scan the message and assume it's infected. We want outlook to get nothing. No message and no error. We tried various "-ERR text" responses. Not good, outlook compains about "server processing error". We tried "OK 0 octets" response. Not good. Outlook shows empty message. What is solution ? Thast is, which pop3 response to "RETR" can hush outlook without him showing any message ? Or force the ou...

Portfolio #3
I use the portfolio on MoneyCentral. It is the best on line porfolio I have found. However, as recent events show, it can get messed up in revision. Does Money have the same portfolio facility as MoneyCentral? Can you import the data from MoneyCentral into Money? In microsoft.public.money, jplasater@NOSPAMjuno.com wrote: >I use the portfolio on MoneyCentral. It is the best on line porfolio >I have found. However, as recent events show, it can get messed up in >revision. Does Money have the same portfolio facility as >MoneyCentral? Can you import the data from MoneyCentral...

upgrade from 1.3 to POS2009
I have a client who is wanting to upgrade from RMS 1.3 to POS2009. I was told that the path would be to upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0 to 2009. Would I be able to use a 30-day demo of 2.0 to get them from 1.3 to 2.0, then upgrade to a full license of 2009? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01CB3AEF.358C8F30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Doug, Yes, that will work, although you really don=E2=80=99t need a full blown = demo, just install the 2.0 program without the keys and then...

Lotus 1-2-3 files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC How does one open files with the ".123" extension produced by the spreadsheet application Lotus 1-2-3? The only help I can find online concerns the Lotus ".MK4" extension. That is not the type of file I'm trying to open. Thanks. Since Lotus (et al) abandoned the Mac platform many, many moons ago Mac Excel no longer includes filters for opening Lotus files. Even Excel 2004 - which lists Lotus 1-2-3 in the Open dialog - can't recognize newer Lotus file types. You have at least 2 options... O...

CRM 3 and Outlook Address Book
With the CRM 3.0 client running under Outlook 2003 (WinXP Pro), all is well except Address Book integration. Composing a new Outlook message, clicking the "To..." button, and selecting "CRM Leads" from the address book pulldown results in an immediate Outlook pop-up dialog with message: "The address list could not be displayed. The action could not be completed." Selecting "CRM Accounts" or "CRM Contacts" from the same address book window works fine. I am logged into CRM with an administrator-level account with full access to all leads on...

How to hide the clock?
hi, all Do you guys know if there is a way in c++ to hide the clock in the system tray? Thanks Nicky wrote: > hi, all > > Do you guys know if there is a way in c++ to hide the clock in the system > tray? No idea? Why would you want to do this anyway? If you don't want the clock to display, just right-click the clock, select Properties, and uncheck the box that says "Show the clock". This is something the user decides for themself, not something for you to decide for them. Try :- HWND h1 = FindWindowEx(FindWindowEx(FindWindow("Shell_TrayWnd", NULL...

Radom hidden rows
Excell seems to be hiding rows on it's own. When I try to Unhide the rows or set the row height, nothing happens. I have about 1200 rows in the sheet but it's hiding about 600 rows. I can manually mouse click on the row to unhide the data but once I save the file it hides other (seemingly random) rows. All the users are experiencing the same problem with this workbook. The workbook is shared (I am the author), and not protected. HELP!!! ...

For all rows, if cell has "X", get number from range?
I'm hoping this can be done with a formula - I'd like to stay away from macros unless I have to. This is a job order tracker. Each job order entry takes four rows. The first few columns are job info; the next 31 columns are the dates of the month. The first row of each job order is for days worked - if that job was worked on that day, an "X" goes in the row under that date. I'd like to put a formula at the end of each job order that captures all the dates the job was worked, as indicated by the "X" in that column in that job order. Something like this: 1...

Paste to next row if cells are not empty
Hi, I have a workbook that contains calls details of clients. Those details are be pasted to individual client workbooks. I have this macro that pastes call details to workbooks in a folder. Sub PasteClient() Dim ClientFile As String 'Holds client's file name Dim CurRange As Range 'Holds current range selected 'In case of an error this will handle it gracefully and give me 'some information. On Error GoTo ErrorHandler 'Turn screen updating off. I won't see the client file being updated. Application.ScreenUpdating = False ' I Make sure ...

CRM 3.0, and SQL2005 SP 1 database mirroring.
Has anyone tried this yet? Are there any gotchas? Can anyone from MS who browses this ng give me a definitive answer? What concerns me is whether CRM 3.0 knows about the setup or not. Thanks for any help Paul On Thu, 11 May 2006 15:26:07 +0100, Paul wrote: > Has anyone tried this yet? > > Are there any gotchas? > > Can anyone from MS who browses this ng give me a definitive answer? > > What concerns me is whether CRM 3.0 knows about the setup or not. > > Thanks for any help > Paul No-one?? ...