hide header on first page

how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page
without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try
recording a macro while doing this manually

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/14/2004 4:28:18 PM
Try this karin

Sub Test()
Dim TotPages As Long
    TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)")
    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
        .RightHeader = "Your Header info"
        ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1
        .RightHeader = "Your Header info"
        ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=2, To:=TotPages
    End With
End Sub
--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message news:OEk8SCdOEHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> not possible with a VBA macro which will first print the first page
> without a header, then apply the header and print all other pages. Try
> recording a macro while doing this manually
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "karin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > how do i get excel to hide the header on the first page?

0
rondebruin (3790)

Delete First storage group
I am running Exchange 2003 server with windows 2000 server. I created a new Storage group with a new Mailbox store in Exchange system manager. I then moved all available mailboxes to the new storage group successfully. I would like to delete the First storage group along with the priv.edb and priv.stm database files but I am unable to do so because the system attendant and SMTP mailboxes are still in the storage group. How can I move or delete these mailboxes to I can delete the Storage group and database files successfully? Thank you, Rob ...

Make outlook run as if its the first time
Hello How do I make outlook run as if it is the first time? I messed with the settings... pleaseeeeeeee help! Guy >How do I make outlook run as if it is the first time? >I messed with the settings... pleaseeeeeeee help! Uninstall it and reinstall it. What settings did you change that no longer meet your requirements? Why not simply change them back? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. "Br...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

In CRM 3.0 is there a way to Hide the Sales or Maketing or Service
I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM. So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see Sales and Service. Doing by team would also work. I was able to create custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling section access. Mike Sections only appear if the user has access to one of the items within that section. Unfortunately, there are some shared objects across the sections (like Account/Contact) that prevent them from disappearing totally. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hotwheels...

Word Mac Page Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently completed work on a book I have been writing. The last step in the process is to add page numbers. I want the first 5 pages consist of the title page, copyright page, etc., so I don't want page numbers on these page, I want to start page#1 on what is the 5th actual page of the document. However, after carefully following the Microsoft directions, as well as other online sources, and spending upwards of 4 hours just on this task, I am considering committing suicide. <br> Seriously, though, ...

Returning row and column headers
I have a spreadsheet that contains soccer player positions for our team. I have the positions layed out in a range that has the field positions as column headers and the period played as the row headers. The names of all the players are filled in for each of the four periods and for each position. I would like to be able to extract from this range, each boys position and period by using a formula. i.e. Jake is playing center forward in the second period. I would like to have a seperate range that has the players name and all 4 periods listed and be able to ectract from the data range, the posi...

large picture
I have a few pages in my document with 9x7 pictures that work well if I create a separate section, and put the page in landscape mode. (I additionally have to change the top margin to 1.5" (to match the left margin being 1.5"), but that's not really what I"m asking about.) The problem is that the page number in the header comes out landscape-oriented instead of portrait-oriented, which is unacceptable to the editor. Is there a way of making the page number be rotated so it shows up as portrait using this method? I need to keep the page number as a page ...

Hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog
Hello, Could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. Thank you so much, Monica. Hello Monica, > By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. This should work. You need to remove it from each of the property pages as well. Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccor...

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

Outlook 2003 : Can't Delete Message Headers of Deleted Messages
Greetings! I'm getting the error ... Task 'TPhantom - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210C) : 'Some messages you marked for download are no longer available on the server.' .... This is occuring on messages that the headers only were retrieved but the actual message was deleted by another email package. This seems like this will be a common situation for those of us that travel and will be deleting messages from either machine. NOTE: The mail server is POP3. Thx, John I had a similar problem as well in the inbox for 2003. I couldn't delete the header becaus...

Hide a Field
Is it possible to hide a field on a form? (ex: hide the Shipping Method field on an Account) If so, how would you do so? Please advise. Thanks! You can remove it from the form by editing the form in the customizations area. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Cayla" <Cayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B53EE6CA-F3F3-484F-97DC-25B50B73DDD4@microsoft.com... Is it possible to hide a field on a form? (ex: hide the Shipping Method field on an Account) If so, how would you do so? Please advise. Thanks! Hi Jack, For MS CRM 3.0 Beta , you have to as...

how do I hide freeze pane lines
I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is it possible. You can click and drag the lines to the top or left (or top-left) margin of the screen, then reset the freeze by landing the cell pointer on the appropriate cell and clicking >Window >Freeze Panes. I don't think you can hide that line. Exel Help Needed wrote: > > I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is > it possible. -- Dave Peterson My error- I thought the OP was talking about the grey "Split" lines. ...

Two docs on one page
I have created an A4 document with two A5 labels on it. The first sheet has label one and two upon it but when i go to sheet two i would like it to have the next two labels upon it but it has label two again and three, sheet three has three and four. I have tried starting with next record before label one (ie staring at label two to force it to push to next label at the beginning of the sheet but this didnt help) i have also tried the same at the bottom of each sheet..... please can anybody help I have created an A4 document with two mail merged A5 labels on it using an ex...

Show all investments on home page
Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running XP home. Jonathan notice the word 'summary'........... >-----Original Message----- >Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page >investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running >XP home. > >Jonathan > > >. > Me: NOT helpful. Money 2000 showed them all. Jonathan "me" <m@e.com> wrote in message news:0aba01c3822e$e145f270$a301280a@ph...

Across the Page
I can print monthly values (grouped by month in a single field) down the page. Is it possible to have them print across the page? "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote > I can print monthly values (grouped by month in > a single field) down the page. Is it possible to > have them print across the page? Without more detail on what information you have and what you are trying to do, it's difficult to give you specific advice. Here are a couple of possibilities: 1. Crosstab Queries can be used to turn a row into a column, which might do what you wan...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

How do I page break in the middle of a row in Excel?
I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of the page due to the height of the row. You cannot pagebreak in the middle of a cell or row. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:55:01 -0700, Carolyn Fiutem <Carolyn Fiutem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of >the page due to the height of the row. ...

print multiple worksheets on one page
I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can this be done? Take a look at this web site - it says it can be done and even shows you how: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0998_Printing_Multiple_Worksheets_on_a_Single_Page.html Al "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can > this be done? Try this, it might be helpful http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548301033.aspx "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one pa...

Merging Multiple documents having different headers and footers ma
Dear All, I am trying to merge a several word/rtf documents into a single word documents with the below macro, the problem is now each document is having a different header and footer and some fields, Can anyone suggest me a macro code for merging multiple word documents into a single document without disturbing the headers and footers of each document? Sub MergeDocs() Dim rng As Range Dim MainDoc As Document Dim strFile As String Const strFolder = "c:\tes\" 'change to suit Set MainDoc = Documents.Add strFile = Dir$(strFolder & &quo...

Automatcally Hiding Rows in Excel 2000 #2
Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule (ie if there is no data in a row, we want to hide that row without doing it manually)? We have a couple of ideas which involve VB code which reacts to data within that row but if anyone has done this before or knows of a way to do it, that would be great. Thanks in advance! Tom Starr http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F625B17.4BF93224%40msn.com Was a reply you got to your first post. Tom Starr wrote: > > Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule > (ie if there is no...

Re: Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?
Hi Reddance, Try instead: Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim i As Long If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _ <> "yes" Then Exit Sub End If With Sheets("ToPrint") For i = 5 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2 If Not rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Union(rng, .Cells(i, "A")) Else Set rng = .Cells(i, "A") End If Next i End With If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True End If ...

Average starting with first month
I have a large worksheet of sales data where products are down the rows and months are across columns. I would like a formula to calculate the average monthly sales but only inlude those months starting with the month of first sale going forward. If a sale month is zero the cell is blank Example worksheet: Mo1 / Mo2 / Mo3 / Mo4 / Mo 5 Product 1 10 / 10 / 8 / 8 / 9 Avg = 9 (Avg includes all months) Product 2 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 6 Avg = 6 (Avg excludes Mo 1 of zero) Product 3 10 / / 8 / 7 / Avg = 5 (Avg includes Mo 2 & 5 of zero) ...

Outlook2003 added an extra header into my mail !
the mail can be received with outlook express with no problem and the header is ok. but when i am using outlook2003 to received mail, outlook2003 somehow add an extra header at the bottom of the mail like this From: <VSIFAX@xxx.com.hk> To: <VSIFAX@xxx.com.hk> Subject: PLS DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY. Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:25:43 +0800 Message-ID: <20070806082543.6493D1B8011B@m... MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11 X-Original-To: xxx@xx.xxx.com X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new ...

How to disable page break
Hi Everyone, I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or something, so nobody can remove them. any help will be appreciated thanks david Consider protecting the worksheet and make sure delete rows it's not selected. "David" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on > 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or > something, so nobody can remove them...

Saving Header
How does one save a header or footer in Word 2007? Also is it possible to show page # inthe margin on even and odd pages? Go to the Insert tab of the ribbon and in the Header & Footer section, use the Header, Footer or Page Number pulldowns. Alternatively, if you double click in the area above your text at the top of the page, it will open the header pane and display the ribbon Header & Footer Tools Design tab. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ori...