Hidden Comments #3

If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to
row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding
some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of
showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line?

Thanks
0
Phippsy (9)

I don't believe it is possible.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been
> applied to
> row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other
> than adding
> some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any
> other way of
> showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line?
>
> Thanks

0
chip1 (1821)
10/31/2005 6:39:05 PM
You could use the Data Validation "InPut Message".

However, it *only* displays when the cell is selected, and there's no cell
"indicator" to make one aware of its existance.
--
HTH,

RD

"Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to
> row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding
> some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of
> showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line?
>
> Thanks

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/31/2005 7:13:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea - thanks.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

> You could use the Data Validation "InPut Message".
>
> However, it *only* displays when the cell is selected, and there's no cell
> "indicator" to make one aware of its existance.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to
> > row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding
> > some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of
> > showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Phippsy (9)

Compile error in hidden module #5
Every time I start Excel (in Office 2003 Pro)I get an error message in a box headed Visual Basic that says Compile error in hidden module:AutoExecNew. Whe I close it I get the error Compile Error in hidden module:DistMon I tried removing the only .xlb file, but it seemed to do nothing. I would uninstall Excel and reinstall it if I could figure out how to do so. Any suggestions for fixing the problem or how to uninstall Excel. I cannot uninstall it from the Add Remove Programs in Control Panel. Thanks Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF...

Convert Text to DATE #3
Hello all, I hope you can help with a problem we have in the office. We've got over 4,500 observations which are supposed to be in Date Format. Instead they are in text format, e.g. "01.06.2005 08:26" or just "09.03.2005" but we need to perform various duration calculations on them, so we need them in the Date Format I tried Format Cells-> Category = Date, but it doesn't work. It works however when I enter the cell and then click "Enter". very strange Please help if you have an idea how to do it... Thank you very much Try =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITU...

IBF for CRM 3.0
Are there any changes with Information Bridge Framework in combination with MSCRM 3.0? Regards Max Hi Max, Microsoft CRM-Office Snap tool is the version that works with CRM 3.0. You can download it at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/dynamicssnap under the title Snap-in for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 - Business Data Lookup HTH. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "MaxF."...

Is it possible to set Outlook to receive when no longer minimized/hidden?
I use MailWasher to filter the spam from several accounts. (It works really well, by the way...) When I am ready, I use Mailwasher's "Process Mail" button. This deletes the spam from the email servers, and opens Outlook for me or, more commonly, un-minimizes (or unhides) Outlook. In Outlook, I have to manually press the send/receive button to download the email messages from my servers. Is there any way to have Outlook automatically send/receive when it is un- hidden? I know it's possible to have Outlook automatically send/receive when it first starts up, but I don...

julian date #3
Is there a formula or line of code that, in a date cell, would automatically convert a date entered in the 07/16/04 format into the 04188 julian format? thank you. You can't have a formula in a cell and make an entry in it - the formula is overwritten. You can use an event macro: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Dim nYear As Long Dim nDays As Long With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(.Cells, Ra...

Sent Messages #3
Hi when sending a new message, I do not want the message to be automatically in my sent folder, I would like to choose a folder. What do I need to do? -- Newbee When you have the new mail open, click on the Options button. You can choose there where to file your email when it's sent. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Newbee" wrote: > Hi > > when sending a new message, I do not want the message to be automatically in > my sent folder, I would like to choose a folder. What do I ne...

outlook express error #3
anyone know how to fix outlook express...I am getting the following error... Msimn - program performed illegal action... When I ask about details it gives me the following... Msimn caused exception in directdb.dll. I would like not to loose emails etc..It can probably be fixed by deleting all prefs but I would like to see if anyone has a fix first... Outlook Express comes up and the error happens at different times but usually when trying to pull the first email that is valid. Thanks Chris ...

3.0 Lastname change ???
I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name lastname. How can I get the first user to be in this format ? Jack Can I just change the full name for the user en the table for systemusers ??? There hasn't been created other things than this user in the system ? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:OUjgKfOeGHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name >lastname. > > How can I get the first user to be in this format ? > > Jack > You can...

Excel Hyperlink Problem #3
:confused: When I select an option from a main menu and hyperlink to intermediate menu, the main menu closes, so that when I close th intermediate menu, I get the grey excel screen. Most of the other menus with Hyperlinks work ok, its just this one tha will not -- Ocone ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Oconey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1640 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27773 What menu item are you selecting, and can't be back to. If you have grayed out me...

how to number cells (1,2,3...) w/o having to manually type them al
am making a form for signing up items. Need to number column cells (1, 2, 3...) without having to do it manually. Is there a function that will do it for me? One way... Assuming you want column A to number as you enter data in column B. Enter this formula in A2 and copy down far enough to account for future data addition in column B. =IF(B2="","",COUNTA(B$2:B2)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Botkinmama" <Botkinmama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0050906D-812E-41A3-96EE-BAB1BA0350DD@microsoft.com... > am ma...

Receipt Problems (Comments)
Hi there My second attempt with a bit better spelling/grammer I am trying to get item comments to print in a 40 column receipt format (just like they do in full page receipt formats). I have gotten it as far as showing the comments under the item description but the comments get cut off after 23 characters (or the end of the column within the table). Is there a way for the comments to continue on a new line? Here is the code I am working with. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated? ============================= Transaction Details ============================= --> ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #2
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Drop Down List #3
I use drop down lists with many bits of information. When I open the lists after they have been used, the list does not go back to the first enty in the list. What do I need to do to make the list default to the first enty? -- travelersway ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelersway's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476762 you can select the cell and press delete,or right click and choose clear contents, this will reset it Th...

Hyperlink to case in 3.0
This question has been hinted around quite a bit but as of yet I don't see that it's been answered or followed up on...so here it is. It seems that prior to 3.0, quite a few people were creating links to a case within a workflow generated email. To do this, &incident.incidentid; would be used within the hyperlink to populate the appropriate case number. As of 3.0, the CRM servers expect the incident id (GUID or unique identifier) rather than the actual case number. Has anyone found a way to perform the same logic in 3.0 that &incident.incidentid; performed in previous ...

Big memory problem with Exch2K3 with 3 GB RAM
Equipment: Server, with 2 x 2.8 GHz Xeon CPU and 3 GB of RAM. OS, Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition. Mail: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition. Problem: The server is freshly installed, with only some 100 empty mailboxes, Exchange2003 and Norton Mail Security V4.0. After one or two days I get the message that the virtual memory is getting low and Windows need to increase its page file. If I then try to start the web part of Norton Mail Security it won't load and I get the following in the event viewer: COM+ has determined that your machine is running very low on available memory. In order t...

Random emails tracked in CRM 3.0
Hello- Would anyone know why emails that have not been set to track in CRM would appear against random companies within CRM 3.0. ? This is a new company I've joined, and there was no IT handover, so I'm trying to bodge my way through things. They use Exchange 2003. I have checked the users' settings- they do not have 'track all emails' set. Many thanks L ...

BCC field #3
Hi If I put people in the bcc field when the person receives the mail it doesn't say who it is to. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks Shona In message <<c7d4vk$plg$2@ns1.fe.internet.bosch.com>> "SS" <Student.13@uk.bosch.com> did ramble: >If I put people in the bcc field when the person receives the mail it >doesn't say who it is to. Is there a way of doing this? No. You just discovered the whole point of the BCC field. -- Ah, the miracle mile, where value wears a neon sombrero and there's not a single church or library to offend the ...

Pivot Table #3
Hello, Have a Pivot Table where I COUNT the number of entries (in database) according to four categories, see example below. I would like to Pivot table to count the BLANKS as well, as if it were a category. Don't find any option that allows me to configure this. Does it exist ? doctor doctor pharmacist pharmacist blank (no entry) blank (no entry) nurse nurse If you add the Title field to the row area, and also add it to the Data area, all four categories should appear, including (blank). Doris Edwards wrote: > Hello, > Have a Pivot Table where I COUNT the number of entries (...

how do i show overcrowding over a 3 month period in excel in a gr
trying to do a spreadsheet but i just cant get to grips need graph to indicate when the overcrowding happend on dates On Fri, 30 May 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, new user <new@user.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >trying to do a spreadsheet but i just cant get to grips need graph to >indicate when the overcrowding happend on dates Let's start with what you've got, which is the data. You will have at least two columns (or rows) of numbers, of which one is the dates. What is/are the other/s? How many numbers do you have? Can you show them to us? -- Del Co...

ecm2001 v5.3 winols shoemaster wilcom bentley amiable xshowsoft 134310178013800
We can crack or emulate any protection type: Dongle, Hardlock, Hasp, Serial, Password, Hasp4, Flexlm, Sentinel, Wibu, Eutron Smartkey, Hasphl, Proteq, All the Protections!! email = xshowsoft@gmail.com email = xshowsoft at gmail.com If you have some protected program, and want to crack it, we can help you! Ecm2001 v5.3 professional, all checksums enabled download Kess v4 all family enabled download WinOls 1.38 download crack wilcom 2006 full HMI/SCADA System Zenon Software for Industrial Automation emulator SHOEMASTER v3.04 all modules download Victor EAT Designscope 2.05 all modules...

Date problem #3
Hi All, I have a problem with the cell display if a dependant cell is empty. I have a date tracking spreadsheet. It tracks the date visits were made to clients. At the top, I have Week of (cell A2) to (cell C2) to display the week start and end dates. The week runs Mon to Sun. The first blank is cell A2 and the user must enter a date, the second blank, cell C2 contains =A2+6 to display the end of the week date. I then have 7 columns, one for each day of the week. Monday thru Sunday. I am trying to get the date to display below each day of the week based on the entry in cell A2. So I have enter...

3 (E) Transactions that will not clear
I am a long time user of Money (about 5 or 6 years). a couple of months ago, I went to balance one of my accounts and 3 (E)transactions (downloaded from my bank) would not clear, reconcile, or even delete. I have tried everything I know to do!!! Can any recommend a solution??? Also, if I go onto the transaction itself, and try to change it, it give me two error messages. 1st: "This transaction cannot be entered." 2nd: "Money could not write to your money file. The operation cannot be performed or another application finished the task before you. Please try agai...

Can Office98 work with OS 10 X Panther 10.3?
I have an old iMac. It is currently using 0S 9.2. I want to upgrade the system to OS 10 as I understand some old programs that use OS 9 might run on them. I am especially wanting my Office98 to work with this system and would be curious if anyone knows if it does -- and if there are problems that will arise from this. Thank you In article <1103849657.881336.195410@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Dave" <dswanson@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I have an old iMac. It is currently using 0S 9.2. I want to upgrade > the system to OS 10 as I understand some old programs...

Send To button Greyed out #3
Hi Guys, We have the following scenario on Citrix GP - 1) User double clicks on GP Published Application on Citrix Program Neighbourhood 2) User logs into GP as 'sa' 3) User prints any report/enquiry to screen 4) Send To button is greyed out We have followed Techknowledge 869958 and reinstalled Microsoft Outlook on the Citrix server. We have given them local admin rights and we have RDP'd onto the Citrix server itself using their logins but still the Send To button is greyed out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andy ...

comment boxes #4
I would like to change the default setting for comments. e.g. I want the default setting to always be "move but don't size with cells" rather than "don't move ...". I can change it for an individual comment, but I cannot find a way to apply t to all comments. I don't think you can change the default nor change existing comments easily through the UI. Here's a macro that will do it however: Sub AllCommentsMoveNoSize() Dim shp As Shape For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes If shp.Type = msoComment Then shp.Placement = xlMove ...