Hidden Cells #2

I have user who has a spreadsheet and the cells on colum A appear to be empty.  However when you click on a cell, the information appears above in the field where you can change text.  That field has a lower case fx in front of it.  Anyhow I think the user clicked a setting the hides the information in the cell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
0
Anthony2219 (255)

Hi Anthony

Maybe the font is set to white

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91D96835-23ED-4985-BE65-45187475EE03@microsoft.com...
> I have user who has a spreadsheet and the cells on colum A appear to be empty.  However when you click on a cell, the information
appears above in the field where you can change text.  That field has a lower case fx in front of it.  Anyhow I think the user
clicked a setting the hides the information in the cell.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

0
rondebruin (3790)
6/29/2004 10:49:29 PM
Or the cells are formatted as Custom ;;;

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:49:29 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
wrote:

>Hi Anthony
>
>Maybe the font is set to white

0
Gord

Why can't I convert quatro pro .wb3 file in Excel #2
I have trid everything suggested in Excel and on-line but can't convert my *.wb3 file in Excel 2003. Downloaded the Office converter file and ran it, still nothing appropriate in add-ins. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Tom ...

total number of characters in a cell
Is there a function that can count the total number of characters in a cell? Thanks The LEN function will return the total number of characters in a cell. E.g., =LEN(A1) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F6D1E31-CF16-4167-8F1A-B1F5152FD515@microsoft.com... > Is there a function that can count the total number of characters in a cell? > Thanks LEN() Note that this includes space and other non-printing characters. In article ...

Outbox stuck #2
I attached a large file 20mb to an email (what was i thinking). Now it is stuck in outbox, when i start it is there and does not complete send/recieve. when i try to click on it , it says outlook has already started transmitting this file and it is not accessable. I would really appreciate any help to delete that file from outbox. I have already repeatedly repaired/uninstalled/reinstalled office, along with registry repair. Please save my hard drive from a reformat. Thanks Zaheer You could try finding the outlook.pst file, reaming it, and then open Outlook and let Outlook create a new...

Pivot Table- Column 2 sort
How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1. Thanks! Right click on the column and select Field Settings | Advanced to access the sort options... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "srpd" wrote: > How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected > a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1. > Thanks! Difficult to answer without knowing the structure of your underlying data and what, exactly...

Physical inventory report #2
When i select the inventory tab, select physical inventory and choose the option for a manual count, is there anyway i can generate a report after inputting all items that tells me what product i haven't entered. Any help would be appreciated. ...

kernel32.dll error #2
Does somebody know what to do to fix the follow error: Everytime I open Outlook 2000 and download email at the end of the download I get a kernel32.dll error and have to restart the computer to clear it otherwise it goes to dial up instead of the cable modem to send and receive emails. I am using Windows ME and have Norton Antivirus and ZoneAlarn firewall installed. Thanks in advance! ...

Row numbers #2
I want to label and print row numbers for each row, however, I do not wish to print column headings...can I disable the printing of the column headings? Is there possibly a function to run in a cell to provide it a number or something else? ----------------- Scott You can only disable printing column *and* row headings. <File> <PageSetup> <Sheet> tab, Make sure "column & row headings" is *unchecked*. Then, you can number your first column to mirror the row numbers, and that will give the impression of displaying and printing the row headers. You could e...

Sharing Folders #2
We have several csa's that need to answer email sent to our customer service email address. How can I allow them to all view the messages and respond using their own email address? I also want to know how many messages each of them responded to each day. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. In news:1160056739.115655.121970@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, CableGuy <cabletech1@gmail.com> typed: > We have several csa's that need to answer email sent to our customer > service email address. How can I allow them to all view the messages > and respond using their own email ...

Want to know if there is a canned project summary format that I can use/customize #2
Hi Debra, Thanks for the tip. I found some very interesting templates there However, I didn't find any that suits my needs. I will continue t search for that -- ssaiba ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ssaibal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26567 ...

How do I change the color for cell selection in excel?
I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel 2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick black line. I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature? On Dec 31 2007, 6:52 pm, dminliberty <dminlibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, > column, or specific grou...

link transactions to "bills and deposits" #2
I've now set up my "bills and deposits" and everything seems to be working except for one thing. The "bills and deposits" is not picking up the downloaded "apay" transactions. So, "bills and deposits" is telling me that my electric bill is overdue, even though the apay transaction was downloaded. Is the "bills and deposits" component supposed to submit a transaction on my checking account so I can link it to the downloaded transaction? Thanks, DB01 ...

Microsoft Publisher #2
Trying to open email attachment (newsletter) created with Mircosoft Publisher. File 'saves' from attachment to 'Downloadw' but will not open in Publisher. Message reads "Publisher cannot open file" with an 'okay' button. Also, unable to print that screen to send to original sender. Are the versions of Publisher the same or is your version a later version? Are you running that garbage software Symantec Norton AV? -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Is the attachment a .pub file? -- JoAnn Paules M...

change cell shading when a number differs from the previous number
I am generally familiar with Excel, but need some help on this particular problem. Is there a way to apply a format where: whenever the number in a column differs from the one previous to it, a cell shading color change is applied. For example, you have a column of numbers in Excel: 2 2 2 5 (cell shading color change applied) 5 5 5 2 (cell shading color change applied) 2 2 3 (cell shading color change applied) etc.... It doesn't matter what color is used, just so that it is applied whenever there is a change from the previous number. There has got to be an easy answer to this.... ...

How can I stop format change when copying data into unlocked cells
How can I stop the format changing when I copy data into an unlocked cell in a format protected worksheet? I need to allow people to both enter data or copy data from another source into cells so I have unlocked these cells but also don't want the format of the cells to be changed. If you enter data directly the format does not change but if you copy and paste data it changes the format. I know you can use "copy paste special values" but would like to know if there is some system way of doing this. Copy/paste this into the sheet module. Right-click on sheet ...

Putting a "period" at the end of every cell's-worth of text
Hi. I have a large number of cells in a column, each of which contains text. Some cells of text end in a period, some do not. Is it possible to write a function that would add a period to the end of each textbox? I am not worried about corner cases, i.e., where the text ends with "M.D." or suchlike. Thanks for any help - Insert an adjacent column. The following example assumes that the text is in cell A2 and the formula in B2 (The inserted column). =IF(RIGHT(A2,1)=".",A2,A2&".") Copy the formula down for the full length of the data then select the co...

2 part protection in Word 2007
Can you proctect a single word doc on two levels? One level allowing users to fill in the forms fields only. Second level allow track changes to only a certain part of the document. When the user fills in the form fields, track changes does not show it as a change but if a user makes any changes to a body of text, it tracks the changes. Thank you for the wisdom! No, Word's protection mechanisms aren't that selective. Besides, if you're using a protected form, the user can't edit anywhere except in the form fields unless they turn off protection. -- Regards,...

Nested Formula #2
In a table below, I am trying to "Count" the number of time a row begining with "H" has a number "1" iin it. I believe this has to be a "Nested" function but I am unsure. I will repeat this function for the leters A/U/S, and for the number 0/2 as well. H 1 1 0 2 0 H 2 2 1 0 0 A 1 1 1 1 1 U 0 0 U 2 1 1 S 0 H 1 2 1 2 1 A 2 2 2 1 1 U 1 1 1 1 2 Rick Hi Rick try the following for counting all H/1 in your range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A999="H")*(B1:H999=1)) assumption: Your range extends from A1...

Too many different cell formats #2
I am working with a large spreadsheet (with many worksheets) that will not allow me to change/add any more cell formats and limits my additional data entry. The message pops up "Too many different cell formats". Per Microsoft's support page 213904, they instruct you to reduce the number of formats to standard formats, etc. I've tried to do that but any change backwards to standard formatting is evidently the same as new change. I'm stuck. There must be a trick to quickly change each worksheet back to a standard format. Any help would be appreciated. Excel 2003o...

Cannot open Publisher file #2
I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could have happened. I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have to recreate this whole thing I am going to h...

Double Space Cells
How do you change a cell into a double space cell- one word on top of another in a single cell? Hi joe type the first word, press ALT+ENTER then type the second alternatively, type both words, right mouse click, choose Format / Cells, go to the alignment tab & choose wrap text - this will work if the column is only wide enough to accommodate one of the words on each line Cheers JulieD "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19c1501c44d76$b9b96070$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change a cell into a double space cell- one > word on top of...

how do I make a cell in Excel required to be populated?
I am attempting to use Excel for a form I am creating and need to make certain cells required. I am unfamiliar with Macros, but am thinking this may be the only way to do this. Thoughts? You could use a macro that looks at those cells and counts how many are filled in. But since macros are new, how about an alternative? Use an adjacent cell. Put a formula like: =if(c3<>"","","<----Please fill in this cell") (I used D3 for this) Then format it in a nice bright bold red. The user sees the warning immediately. If you have formulas that depend on al...

Prefixing a number to the number in a cell
I have in column A, 1000 numbers, now i need to prefix an identical number to all the 1000 numbers in A column. What is the easiest way?. I want the number to be prefixed in the same A column.. Pls help Regards Sherees -- Life isa journey not a destination Hi Sherees, Try this, as I don't believe you can do this with a formula. Sub PrefixItsSelf() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection cell.Value = cell.Value & cell.Value Next End Sub Copy into the sheet module and select the cells you want to prefix and then run the macro. HTH Regards, Howar...

VBA Help #2
In a user form I have 6 radio buttons, 3 inside one frame, and 3 indentical inside another frame. I want to be able to make it so that the radio button selected in one frame cannot be the same in the other frame? Hopefully this can be solved! Thanks ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** If I understand you correctly: Assume Options Buttons1-3 in Frame1, OptionButtons4-6 in Frame2: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() OptionButton2.Enabled = Not OptionButton5.Value OptionButt...

Non-VBA to gow grow based on another cell?
Hello, If I type in dog;cat;fish;cow;rat in cell A1, what I want in cell B1 is: dog cat fish cow rat stacked on top of each other. I used =substitute(a1,";",char(10)) and checking "word wrap", so now it looks like it is supposed to. But when I add more entries in cell A1, I don't know of a way to get the cell to expand row height so the entries don't scroll off. And when I reduce entries down to three, the cell should shrink. Basically, the height of the row should match the contents. Can this be done non-VBA? Thanks for all your help with this and past ques...

can u upgrade apple mac v4.2.1 to v.'X'?
can anyone help me as it is not clear from dealers or the microsoft web page - can you upgrade from v.4.2.1 on the apple mac to the current version which runs in apple mac system software 'X' which is version 10 / v.X? Many thanks In article <7176a7a3.0311030328.11e18513@posting.google.com>, info@nicolastyearchitects.co.uk (nic the greek) wrote: > can anyone help me as it is not clear from dealers or the microsoft > web page - can you upgrade from v.4.2.1 on the apple mac to the > current version which runs in apple mac system software 'X' which is > versio...