help with pivot tables

I have created a spreadsheet which has multiple pivot tables the only problem is that my source data can contain anything from one item to fifty items therefore the pivot tables can overlap if two adjoining pivot table both contain alot of information, how do I solve this problem I want the pivot table when refreshed to insert and move everthing else either down or across plese help

0
anonymous (74722)

insert data into table
Hi There, I'm using following code to insert data into my DB but it doesn't work: try { int tmp = 0; tmp = this.routeTableAdapter1.InsertRoute(Int32.Parse(this.DestNum.Text), this.Destination.Text, Int32.Parse(this.LineNum.Text)); MessageBox.Show("inserted " + tmp.ToString() + " elements into the route table."); MessageBox.Show("Update() returns: " + routeTableAdapter1.Update(myPID_DB_DataSet).ToString()); myPID_DB_DataSet.AcceptChanges();...

Can't get help for word macros
I am writing simple macros for Microsoft Word 2007. When I am in the document and want to work on the macro, I press Alt+F11 and that opens up the macro workarea. If I click on the “Microsoft Visual Basic Help” and enter almost anything, it is not found. I have even tried simple things like Save or File and they aren’t found. I have gone into Tools -> References and made sure things like “Microsoft Development Environment 8.0” and “Microsoft Development Environment VB .Net” are checked. I know I don’t have something set right but I can’t figure out what. Anyone have a...

Help with returning records given a date range
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers as to where to start with the following? I have a spreadsheet of data in a table. One of the fields is date. I would like the user to be able to enter a date range and have all the records returned that fall within that range. What function should I use for that? DGET can only return one record. Could I use something like VLOOKUP in an array? The number of records returned will obviously change depending on the date range entered. Or, should I use something like a VBA loop? I need to do this in Excel - it can't be in Acce...

Help Rules don't work anymore
Hi: Is it just me? Why is it that on some days, my Outlook rules work, and on other days, they don't? On days when the rules don't work, if I run the rule(s) manually, it(they) works, but still don't work automatically? I'm really missing something! Outlook 2003 or XP Pro SP2 Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Try two things. 1) make sure your office product is up to date and 2) try a clean boot in Windows XP by disableing every thing during startup by using msconfig. If this works you may have a conflict with something that is loading ...

HELP dogs & cats in China please! [MUST SEE]
mms://a805.v9135e.c9135.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/805/9135/0029/peta.download.akamai.com/9135/downloads/jcruel_china_dog_med.wmv ...

Emails in HELP DESK enviroment
The clients in this case are people working inside the same organization (using the same exchange) and when they opened a case the main comunication between Help desk and them is by email. But those emails are arriving to OUTLOOK and NOT to the CRM!! How can we change that?? We want to relate those emails to the correct case. The actual process is: 1. The request arrive by email to Outlook. Help Desk open a case and attach the email to it. 2. Help Desk send an email (from CRM) to the user with indications... 3. The user responde and send other email... (we are loosing this email in the ...

Help with updating tables in many-to-many relationship
Hi, I am working on a database that contains a many-to many relationship. I created an intermediate (linked) table between the two primary tables. I have a Form1 that displays the info from Table1 and a control to open a Form2 that displays records from Table2 that match the Table1 record. Everything works great for displaying and editing information on Form2 except for when I try to add records. I don't seem to have the right code to update the Linked Table. Does anyone have some sample code that works? My tables include the following: Table1 Table2 ...

Excel formual IF statement Help
I am trying to make this IF statement work =IF(A4="",0,IF((A4="F"),B4,IF((A4="D"),B4,IF((A4="T"),B4,IF((A4="S"),C4,IF( (A4="M"),C4,IF((A4="L"),C4,IF((A4="H"),C4,IF((A4="G"),C4,IF((A4="C"),C4,"ERR") ))))))) On Sat, 01 May 2010 20:11:13 GMT, "Cerealkiller" <u59737@uwe> wrote: >I am trying to make this IF statement work > >=IF(A4="",0,IF((A4="F"),B4,IF((A4="D"),B4,IF((A4="T"),B4,IF((A4="S"),C4,IF( ...

Newbie-Pls help me with DataBase Connection in EVC++.
Hi , I need some serious helping with this code.Could you please help me change my below given code from VC++ to EVC++.I know that i have to use CCeDBDatabase in place of CDatabase and CCeDBRecord in place of CRecordset but how to is the big Question. When i tried connection in EVC++ with CCeDBDatabase i dont get any errors but this window "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle Connect window" is missing.But i get MessageBox(L"The DataBase is now Connected!!!"); which i've given just below Open statement.I am emulating my EVC++ code into PPC2003, so i should be able to see "...

need help please
I am creating an html newsletter to email. This will be a template that will be sent to someone else who will open it outlook express through messaging\new message using. They will copy and paste text from word into the file. I want to create links at the top (news headlines) that link down the page to the story. They will create a different newsletter every week. In HTML I have used anchors to do this. For this job I need to do it in word. In word I have tried creating a hyperlink to headline and also cross-referenced to a bookmark. The hyperlink apears when the email is sent but...

Formula Bar
In my previous copy of Excel, when I typed in an equation in the Formula Bar, it would give me a little message window that showed where I was in a particular equation. Now that I have a another copy, I don't know what the "on" switch is for this function. Please help, it's driving me crazy when I create very long equations. Thanks, AK AK it was introduced with excel 2002, you turn it on/off under tools>options>general>function tooltips -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2440A2-2883-4...

Using SUMIF i want to say IF A=1 & B=2 then sum C any help pleas
I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C Try this, adjust the range to match your data: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1), --(B1:B100=2), C1:C100) Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Peter" wrote: > I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row > A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C That's quite an explosive worksheet you have<...

pivot table filters
Hi, I have a pivot table and i would like to clear the filters because everytime new data comes into the pivot table, in the filter is displayed results from previous data in the pivot table. I have tried to 'clear filters' but this doesn't seem to work, is there another way? thanks Hi Take a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Roger Govier "Dal" <Dal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3740113F-223B-4594-ACD9-54AA9E6A1A8E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a pivot table and i would like to clear the filters b...

Resize the Data table in the Pivot chart.
I have a prepared a chart where there are count of 15-20 items displayed in the chart and I have also shown the data table for the same. But the data table do not fit in all teh 15-20 items. Could some one help in with a method where I can fit all the data in the data table along with the chart. Earliest help much appreciate. Regars GS Hi, You have very little control of data tables - your only solutions are to make the font size smaller, and to enlarge the entire chart. I recommend you place the equivalent of a data table below the chart, in the spreadsheet, where you have 100% contro...

Help: Creating an MFC dll
Hi, I'm trying to create a dll with which I can link another application to. For starters I've added nothing to the dll. I selected MFCAppWizard (dll), Regular DLL with MFC statically linked, creating a project called DLL_TEST. I added nothing, then built my DLL_TEST.dll (which also created DLL_TEST.lib). Then I created a MFCAppWizzard (exe). I overid the New button to test my dll. void CMainFrame::OnFileNew(){ AfxMessageBox("Hello"); CDLL_TESTApp Test; } I added #include "DLL_TEST.h" to MainFrm.cpp. In the Project->Settings "Link" tab, I a...

Populating tables
I am creating an engineering database to track drawing changes. I have several tables that should link by an "ECN" number. I am trying to create an input form where on the main form I enter a new ECN, a date and an Originator. In the sub form I want to populate the part numbers descriptions revioion letters and drawing numbers ( this is in separate tables). Am having trouble geting this to work. Can anyone offer guidance? Thanx Tom ...

Help importing .dtf Please?
Is there any way to import a .dtf database info from Q&A DOS v5.0 into Excel? If anyone can lend a thought I would really appreciate it. I think I have to export because, since upgrading to WinXP - the client gets an error message in Q&A when trying to print lables. (it says not enough memory - but I know that's not it). Any help you can give would be wonderful. Thank you! V-ger What export options do you have in Q&A? Compare that list with the sorts of text files that Excel can handle, such as comma or delimited (tab, other character). On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:27:0...

searching multiple tables
I have a access database i have programmed and used for years. I have divided it up to have company data for each year. So each year has a MDB file with data table, multiple search queries, and a interface to click on particular queries. The data base has first name, last name,tracking number, date, and item description. I the past, i have just clicked on this years file and could search that year. What i tried to do was move data tables from past years into a new MDB file and put in a new search quires. Some of the names may be the same as does the item type. The tracking ...

Adding tables from MS Word document
I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a table. The article is done in MS Word. How can I easily add the document and keep the table looking the same as it does in the MS Word doc?? Did you try copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uTfwiw8SIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a >table. The article is done i...

Help Please
I am using a vlookup to grab some data from a master list. My vlookup works fine but here is the dilemma: I am using a sheet that has retail items down the rows and divisions where certain items are authorized. Each item has various information including UPC numbers, which I am using for my vlookup. The dilemma/problem/@#!$%%$#@ is that in several instances there may be two or three lines of the item listed. What I get is say three rows with the same UPC but different points of distribution. Obviously the vlookup will only find the first instance of the UPC and give me back the values in tha...

Football leagueprediction table in excel
Every year my work colleagues and I do a Premier league football prediction game, in that you have to predict the final league table i.e Arsenal 1st, Chelsea 2nd etc Points are awarded for how accurate peoples predictions are i.e 5 points for spot on, 4 points for one away, 3 points for 2 away etc. I've been doing the calculations by hand but it's a time consuming business. How would it be done on excel? I assume that you have to assign values to the actual league Arsenal=1, Chelsea=2 etc and values to the forecast then do a sum of the differences, but how? TIA Dave Lester ...

Pivot Table (Running averages)
Using a pivot table I need to create a running average of values for the last 10 days. It's easy to display the averages for each day and filter off everything but the last 10 days BUT... I can't get a running average working. The goal is to develop a dynamic graph/chart that shows the average with a trend line for the running average to see if things are improving. There is a built in function for running totals but I need the average of the previous numbers not the totals. I am somewhat familiar with calculated fields but am not smart enough to pull it all together to make th...

Help with clearing name history
When I start typing a name in the To... field, Outlook will automatically try to fill in the name and email address, which is cool, but I want to be able to clear a history of names that I no longer want to pop up. I tried clearing the *.NK2 files, but there are not any on my machine, even after showing hidden files. Any help would be appreciated. John If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, the .NK2 file will be in a hidden FOLDER (or a system folder) -- it's not necessarily a hidden FILE. It also helps to have file extensions showing in Windows Explorer. You can either del...

Pivot Table Error...Help!
Hi, I have created numerous pivot tables in my workbook. The refres function was working fine. A couple fo days have passed and now when go to refresh the tables i get the attached error. does anyone know how to fix this? thanks +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: pivot.jpg |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2677 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- molavi11 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mo...

Please Help: I cannot create a mailbox all of a sudden
I have a single EXCH 2003 server with about 65 mailboxes on it. I have never had a problem creating a new user account and creating the mailbox from Active Directory users and Computers. Now, all of a sudden, when I create the user, no mailbox is created. When I go check the Exchange Advanced tab in the Account Properties, the Mailbox Rights says that the only permissions on the mailbox is supposedly self and no others. I go to the System Manager and the mailbox has not been created in the mailboxes container. Can anyone direct me to what this problem might be? All other mailboxes ...