Help with mail merge

I'm trying to send letter to my costumers, im using mail merge, but
have a problem, with the dates, when i do the mail merge thing i
displays the dates as: 2/6/04 i want to see in it a different
way something like feb/6/2004 (i see it like this in excel) but when i
comes to word i see it like 2/6/04  can you help me

What is a costumer?
Since this is more of a Word question see:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/MergFram.htm

for a possible solution

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Gaby_e7 >" <<Gaby_e7.16ix56@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to send letter to my costumers, im using mail merge, but i
> have a problem, with the dates, when i do the mail merge thing it
> displays the dates as: 2/6/04 i want to see in it a different
> way something like feb/6/2004 (i see it like this in excel) but when it
> comes to word i see it like 2/6/04  can you help me?
>

> ---

terre081 (3244)
5/19/2004 10:27:57 PM
From a previous post:

You could use some helper cells and create strings for each field--then use
those helper values:

=text(a1,"dd-mmm-yyyy")
=text(b1,"0.0")
=text(c1,"#,##0.00")

or you could do some magic at the MSWord side.

Debra Dalgleish posted this for a different question, but I bet you could modify
it (multiple times!):

In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source,
you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box.
   (If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word --
    under Tools>Options, General -- add a check mark to
     'Confirm Conversion at Open')

 From that list, choose 'MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls)', and your
formatting will be retained.

If you have to connect through a different source, you can format the
fields in the Word document. For example, to specify a number of decimals:

1. In Word, in the Main Document, press Alt+F9 to view the field codes.
2. Find the field code for the number. It will look something like:
            { MERGEFIELD FieldName }
3. Add a switch, to format the number with two decimal places.
           For example:
            { MERGEFIELD FieldName  \# "#,##0.00" }
4. Press Alt+F9 to hide the field codes.
5. Save the Main Document

"Gaby_e7 <" wrote:

> I'm trying to send letter to my costumers, im using mail merge, but i
> have a problem, with the dates, when i do the mail merge thing it
> displays the dates as: 2/6/04 i want to see in it a different
> way something like feb/6/2004 (i see it like this in excel) but when it
> comes to word i see it like 2/6/04  can you help me?
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

How to Automate Word mail merge from AC2007?
I'm trying to do a Word mail merge from Access 2007 -- populating a Word 2007 template with data from recordsets built off queries. The problem I'm having is the current code creates each letter as a separate Word doc. I need one big Word doc with page breaks between each letter. The code uses nested loops - the first recordset rst has the list of people, the second rstBkm has bookmark data. Question: How to get this code to create one Word doc with page breaks between letters rather than each letter in a separate Word Doc? Thanks in advance. [abbreviated code below] ...

Outlook 2003 Junk E-Mail Folder is Sub Folder Under Notes
In the user's Exchange Private Mailbox, the Junk E-Mail folder in Outlook 2003 SP2 is located as a subfolder under Notes and spam mail is not being filtered. How do I restore the folder back to its proper location? Thanks! dhan74@gmail.com <dhan74@gmail.com> wrote: > In the user's Exchange Private Mailbox, the Junk E-Mail folder in > Outlook 2003 SP2 is located as a subfolder under Notes and spam mail > is not being filtered. How do I restore the folder back to its proper > location? Try running Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. See http...

Help with DLookup
I have a DLookup function on my form and it works by finding the information once I exit and then re-enter the form, it does not bring in the information as soon as I enter the information in the lookup field. =DLookUp("[Employee Name]","[Employee Information]","[Employee ID]=forms![Timesheet Entry]![Employee ID]") Does anybody know why it is not updating immediately? All help is greatly appreciated Where are you using this expression -- as the control source of a textbox? More details about the form's design and how you're using the form, please....

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

Conditional Formating Help

Tricky Formula.. Please Help
I have created a time roster.. easy in each day I have start,end and break deduction.. still no probs I need to create an output formula for hours worked after a 16:00 from the start and end range on a day. So in the roster it will still display normal hours, however I will create a field for hours after 16:00. this is for calculating a different wage rate. Thanks Aaron See response in .programming -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Aaron H" <aaron@istarnetworks.com.au> wrote in message news:uU96kXI$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

help diagnosing what's going on in ExchangeServer2000
I'm fairly ignorant of exactly how ES2000 works and would like some general information to help in my diagnosing why some emails are not being delivered to certain email domains (more correctly, why some emails are not being forwarded actually...ES2K is part of a voicemail system where some users have ..wav copies of the voicemails forwarded to their various off-site email accounts) . Here are my questions: 1. How can I see what emails are being forward? Is there a file/folder akin to the SentItems folder in Outook? 2. If there are send failures, where can I find them and how can ...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

The merge process detected a mismatch ....
I receive the following message when going offline: "The merge process detected a mismatch ..." I can't read the rest because it goes by too fast. I am finding that contacts and appointments created in MS CRM are not syncing to outlook. Can someone please help? Thanks. There might be more information in the Event Viewer. Please take a look there and post the error here. With kind regards, Ronald Lemmen "Goodloe White" wrote: > I receive the following message when going offline: "The merge process > detected a mismatch ..." I can't ...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

Urgent Question Please Help: Credit Card Setup Problem
We have an urgent question regarding credit card setup/cash receipts/bank rec We understand that in Great Plains when setting up a Credit Card to be used by a Customer, it must be setup as a "Bank Card", not a "Charge Card", in order for the transaction to hit Bank Rec. However, we mistakenly setup all the Credit Cards as "Charge Cards", therefore after posting Credit Card Cash Receipt transactions in Receivables, the transaction does not appear in Bank Rec for us to perform Bank Deposits. Please Please Help!!! Is there any way to "fix" those pos...

FRx E-Mails
Hello: A client is getting an "FRx 32 error" and keeps getting kicked out of FRx, whenever she e-mails a report to someone. Otherwise, she is able to use FRx just fine. And, it seems to be just happneing on her workstation. And, the e-mailed financials transmit just fine. It's just that she gets this error everytime she e-mails, and she is using Outlook so it is MAPI compliant. For now, she is simply sending the e-mails manually by adding the frd files from the IO_Data folder as e-mailed attachments. But, can anyone recommend a way to elimninate this nuisance error. ...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

help with unusual request
Hello everyone, My boss has hit me with an odd request and I would like to ask for someone to point me in the right direction. What he wants is everytime anyone sends or recieves an email that a copy is made that he can get to anytime he wants. I talked to him about our daily backups, but he wants something that's realtime and that he can get to whenever he wants. I'm stuck and looking for ideas. We're currently on Exchange 5.5 with all of the latest service packs and patches. Any and all help is very much appreciated. You can enable "message journaling" fea...

Help designing a checklist in access
Hello All My company currently uses excel checklists to ensure that projects are completed fully. we have around 10 different checklists. each checklist (excel file) has 6 sheets, each sheet 15 questions or steps. most answers are Y,N,NA and the employees put their initials in the correct answer column. Many questions are redundant throughout the 10 checklists. I would like to create the checklists in access because their are too many excel files getting lost and if we change question/ step. we have to change it multiple times. the employees need to enter a clients name and then choose the c...

Why are checks printing incorrect amounts? Please help.
When I print a Payables check batch, several invoices within the batch are printing incorrectly as $0.00 amount, even though it should be paying off a certain amount. The problem seems to be with invoices that are applied to credit memos. Say I have an invoice for $500 and I apply a credit memo of $80 to the invoice, when I go back to pay the invoice, it should pay $420, but instead it shows $0.00 under amount paid column of check stub. Does anyone know why this is occuring? By the way, I am using MICR check printing. ...

Timesheet Pseudo Tied Mode
I'm hoping that I might have a colleague out there who could help me offline figure out how to install this open source utility (unsupported by Microsoft but apparently works OK for some of their clients) that streamlines the Timesheet process (automatically synchronizes the data into My Tasks whenever a timesheet is saved). I'm not sure where to start and may need someone to bounce questions off of - especially if you've been successful with it. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Hi Anovak, We installed it (still using the version 1.3 based on event handler) and we're usi...

Unauthorized outgoing mail
Hi every one I recently find something terrible in my system. Special types of spam are sent mail to unknown domain without any notification. This is the story: One of my mail address is from "GMAIL" thanks to its power full spam filter and outlook junk mail I have no spam in my "IN BOX" folder. But spam report about their status from my computer, I find this when I check "sent mail" folder form "gmail" account. There are many sent mail in the following forms: To: itsoca_1987@ENDYMIONSYSTEMS.COM (or other e-mail) Subject: Not read: Best improvemen...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

Help in turning off underlining and blue font
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic underlining and blue font of the text when entering a email address in a cell? Thanks, Bob Tools / Autocorrect options / Autoformat Tab / Replace Network paths with hyperlinks - Deselect it -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------...