help with lookup (years and Months)

I have a problem  when using look up

LOOKUP(U37,'Commission Rates'!I2:I32,'Commission Rates'!K2:K32))

where Col I contains the terms for commission in the format 5Years, 1Mths
incrementing 1 mth at a time
Col U contains tha term of the policy calulated using datedif
Col K contains commission rate dependant on term in col I

when term is any Years and 1Mths lookup returns value from any Years and 11
Mths this doesn't happen for 2 mths 3mths etc

any ideas how i can rectify this

thanks

colm

are addressed. No one else is authorised to distribute, forward,
print, copy or act upon any information contained in this email.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender.

Colm

6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas?
6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? "DeLoy" <DeLoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2AC4BE-5044-42D6-8F86-CCE55F79534D@microsoft.com... > 6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? Click File and check Work Offline. Stop and restart Outlook. Delete the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Can't get Outlook 2003 to close all the way---Please help
Hi all, I just installed Office 2003 on a Windows XP professional System. I can't get outlook to shut down all the way. I've searched Google and have discovered that this is not an isolated incident and that many are having this problem. I have not been able to located a posting that provides a soultion yet. Can anyone help? I do have a Pcoket PC with Active Sync installed. I also deleted my existing pst file and created a new one with no data in it and I still have the same problem. Please help. This product has bee out for a little while and with the widespread amount of people who...

Visual Basic Help Wizard/Index problem, can't get cursor
I am able to bring up the help file in an excel workbook with no problems. However, in the VBA help file I can only access the contents portion. I cannot get a cursor in the Answer Wizard or Index Areas - I only get a cursor with arrows pointing left and right but cannot enter any text in the keyword field, etc. I recently updated from my original office with the SR-1 updates, not sure if this could be related. Appreciate any insights. Hi ...., Use Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager (not to reboot) In the process tab select msohelp.exe and then the "En...

Returning multiple values for a lookup
I have a spreadsheet showing the purchases of various part numbers wit the corresponding unit costs paid, there is normally more than one uni cost per part number. On a second spreadsheet, I want to be able loo up a given part number in Column A and pull over the corresponding uni costs paid into Column B. I have no problem pulling over the firs unit cost found, but am not able to get the second, third, etc, uni cost found. Can anyone help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi do you need all individual entries or do you only want the sum of them. In the latter case use SU...

Help with Shared Calendars and contacts in Entourage
Hi ive recently set-up my exchange server on PC and have easily set-up my PC's account. I have set-up my Mac accounts but have one problem. I cant get access to any shared calendars or address books through entourage 2004. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Any help is a plus. Thank you. James. You probably ought to post this to an Entourage newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mac Station" <macstation@sasdesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:BF3CE795.3CA%macstation@sasdesign.co.uk... > Hi ive...

Help requested in formulating Functions and script to create a mat
Visual Studio.net 2003, SQL Server Report Designer, SQL Query Analyser. I have a table of milestones with data such as project, miletone name, baseline date, planned date and actual date. My task is to produce a chart that has months in the columns and for each month a set of blocks of data, made by concatenating fileds form the table, for milestones due in that month. I can extract the 'blocks' of data easily enough but when I put them in columns each successive month starts on a new line below those of the previous month. I need it so that the first milestone of each ...

Help With Formula #5
I have data in a worksheet A B C 1 Verify 2% 99% 2 Audit 2% 98% 3 Account 5% 97% 4 Forward 4% 96% 5 Place 5% 95% I have another cell (F1) in the sheet that i would like to list the text in A1, but only if B1 is at least 5% if not then I want it to list A2, but only if B2 is at least 5% and so on down to A5. Please Help. What happens with row 3 and row 5? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Report Lackey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033b01c3d62d$ebd800e0$a401280a@phx....

Linq select from datatable help
Hi, I have a datatable with your typical ID column and a notes column. I'm trying to get the notes for a specific id passed to my method. Lanquage: C# datatable is dtConfig iID is passed into the method Here is my (non-working :) ) linq code: var sNotes = (from row in dtConfig.AsEnumerable() where row.Field<int>("ID") == iID select row.Field<String>("Notes")); What am I doing wrong? PS: I'd like to return a string rather then a var if possible, ie: string sNotes = .... Thanks. G Nevermind, I found the issue. I needed to add...

HELP! X.400 Two Organizations Same SMTP
We are doing a migration from 5.5 to 2k3 and are having issues. We have two organizations which have the same smtp address, different X.400 addresses. The 5.5 is a hub and spoke configuration, where the IMC is on a hub, and the ADC and X.400 connect to a spoke. Mail routes from 2k3 to 5.5 without issue, and from 5.5 to 2k3 ONLY if the x.400 address is listed in the general tab in email. Otherwise, messages get forwarded to out IMC, which is set for the SMTP to be inbound only, and the mail loops until it is NDR'ed. The ADC automatically places an SMTP address there, and I don't wa...

Savings balance error in Monthly Report
I don't ususally run the monthly reports, but I did this month and noticed that Money was reporting that I have $158,388.62 in my Savings Account (which it claims earns 5.5%). This is under the heading of "Invest in your Debt". It is of course advising me to use some of that to pay down my current debt. As much as I wish this balance were correct, it ain't. Anyone know where Money gets this number and interest rate? Only thing I can think of is that maybe it's including my House. ...

Consolidate and Lookup
Hi all, I receive 8 reports monthly, 1 for each area, with the all the activity for that period. I would like to consolidate the data into one total sheet. I have a master sheet with all the specialties where I would like to have all the totals show. The activity will be different each month so the the number of rows may change. The number of columns is constant. Below is what I have at the moment... but it cant be re-used as the range is fixed. It also produces an N/A error if one produces an NA. $B7 refers to a specialty code. =3DVLOOKUP($B7,'Herstmere PCT'!$B$5:$N$19,D$5,FALSE)+...

Pivot table help I think !
Hi All, I have a report I need to create which goes as follows. I have a data list of around 56k records. The rows contain this; category 1, category 2, category 3, call id and Date I've created a pivot table with Cat1, cat2, cat 3 on the row area, Count of Call ID in the data area and date in the column area (this is grouped by Month). I'm looking at the months of Mar, Apr and May. I want to sort it, in descending order, by the difference of 'Count of Call ID' there is between Mar and May. If I cannot perform the calculation in the pivot table, is there a way of ungroupi...

Totals Query Help!
Hi, I have a table with the following fields: Manufacturer Model Value SoldMonth What I'm trying to do is write a query that will give me an average Value for each month, but I want the average to be based only on records where the Model is consistent across all months. So if Model x is missing from one or more months all records for that model would be excluded from all the overall Monthly averages. So the query will only average records where the Model is present in each month. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards.....Jason It'll help us if you can ...

Budget Probelem
In Money 2005 Standard, I have both credit card account and normal cheque account. How do I budget for making payments to my credit card from my cheque account? If I categorise the payment as a transfer between accounts, I can't budget for this item. If I categorise this item as a credit card payment the other side, on the credit card account, gets categorised as income, which in artificially increasing my income. Can any one help? Budget is about getting richer or poorer, not where your cash goes. (Forecast Cash Flow is all about that.) When you charge something on the card you ge...

Help with Lookup/Sum Formula
I have a spreedsheet with this type of data, for example Product Group Quantity Size 2812 10 0.75 2812 100 0.75 2812 300 0.5 2817 100 0.25 2817 200 1 2845 1000 1.5 I want to be able to set up a formula that you enter a product grou (2812) in a cell and it will for that product group go and sum up al the quantities for each size. The formula would go in the Sum colum For Example ...

need help with KB article Q315407.
I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Exch2003 on Server2003. We now have 2 GB memory and the system is rebooting or blue-screening after 8 hours or so. The problem is that the article says to click Edit > Add Value in the Registry Editor, but the only options available are Edit > New > String Value, Binary Value, Word Value, etc.. Which Value do I create ? ? Thanks. dword "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote in message news:O$3C$IVhEHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I need to use this registry tweak to optimize our memory usage on Ex...

List Box
I am stumped and need some assistance - PLEASE. New to List Boxes. I have created two unbound list boxes on an unbound form to use as criteria for a report. Both list boxes (lboxCategory and lboxSupplier) have two fields CategoryID and Category and SupplierID and Supplier sorting ascending on latter fields. The Multi-Select property is set to Extended. I have a command button cmdPreview that I would like to use to preview the report after selections are made. I will select two or more choices from each list box at a time. Can anyone get me started with the code I need to make this h...

Help #6
I am a student I Niagera college and am working with excel, I have a n ifstatmet that is giving the correct answer but its not solving the anser. The statment : =IF(G9>B3,+"sum(G9*C3)",+"sum(G9*1)") The Answer sum(G9*C3) The problemi is that it is the wright answer but it will not tally the sum. Help me PLZ How about: =IF(G9>B3,G9*C3,G9) the use of the SUM function is wastefull (as there is nothing to sum), as it is the multiplication by 1. Regards, KL "Niagera College Student" <Niagera College Student@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

Lookups #2
I am trying to write a formula which looks up a product code in a list, and then references a date to pick out a piece of information. The code is in a horizontal list with the dates being in a vertical list across the top of the page. eg Code Dates Jan Feb Mar 111 50 70 80 112 90 10 60 113 60 10 80 It needs to refer to the code then the month, to be able to select the correct cell. eg code 112 in February = 10 Is there a function to cross reference the two pieces of information to select...

Internal error.. any help?
Can anybody please help me in fixing this link error that i get in my VC++ project? Linking... LINK : error : Internal error during ReadSymbolTable ExceptionCode = C0000005 ExceptionFlags = 00000000 ExceptionAddress = 0040ED6B NumberParameters = 00000002 ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000001 ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 00000000 CONTEXT: Eax = 40070F98 Esp = 0012EAC4 Ebx = 3FFF0000 Ebp = 004695A8 Ecx = C0000A40 Esi = 40070F5C Edx = 00000000 Edi = 3FFF01C0 Eip = 0040ED6B EFlags = 00010202 SegCs = 0000001B...

Help with relations
Hello. I have quite a problem with relations, imagine a table Clients and a table Products. if i relate them one to one... i would have the table Products with a list of products, price, quantity, date, and a yes/no object called Buy(to return results on a query for reports) the problem is with date... how can i relate or create fields and make this work..the way i could know when a certain product was bought, like keeping a history of every purchase of every client... I just cannot figure it out ... could anyone help.. Thanks. K, The classic order entry scenario is shown in the sample dat...

Business Data Lookup 07-11-06
I have installed the Business Data Lookup add on which is supposed to allow CRM data to be inserted into office documents such as a Word file. Inside of Word 2003, I see a "Insert from CRM" button, but when I click on it, nothing happens. It is just clicked, but no options come up after that. Is this a bug? --- Brandon Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I think it is. I experienced the same. On top of that it will slow down MS Office heavily. Forget it. "Brandon" wrote: > I have installed the Business Data Lookup add on which...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Help! How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? Thank you! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:48:01 -0800, A Person <A Person@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm not sure this is a question about Microsoft Access, the topic of this newsgroup. Anyway, you have to restore the previous version from a backup you made previously. The exact procedure will be documented in the help file for your backup software. -Tom. Micro...