help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)

I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a
inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha
tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction.
On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i
cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon
off of the P&G 103 worksheet.
For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i
should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2"
These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe
in cell N5. The result should go in cell V5

                Attachment filename: p&g 103.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50333

Hi
first a remark: Most people won't open attachments - so you limit your
data in plain text.

For your problem: first a question: Isn't there a formula which could
calculate the gallons based on your dimensions. This would be much
easier :-)

If you have to use a lookup table try the following:
1. change the layout of your p&g103.xls list:
    - column a has to have a feet value for all rows (not just for the
first row). So you have to copy the values and fill all blank rows
    - also you have to put a zero inch value in the currently blank
rows in column B

2. After this use the following array formula (entered with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER). Note: only works with the changes in point 1.
=INDEX('[p&g 103.xls]p&g103'!$C$3:$C$500,MATCH(R5&INT(T5),'[p&g
103.xls]p&g103'!$A$3:$A$500&'[p&g
103.xls]p&g103'!$B$3:$B$500,0))+VLOOKUP(MOD(T5,1),'[p&g
103.xls]p&g103'!$I$3:$J$18,2,0)

I also assumed that both sheets are open (so I don't add a path name)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"chocolab61571 >" <<chocolab61571.14bdh9@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:chocolab61571.14bdh9@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=503337
> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Rewriting a formula...
I have a spreadsheet that calculates totals and has formulas in certain columns. Is is possible to have the formulas work, but not have any numbers in the cells before I input them? For example, in column D, I have the simple formula =D9+E9, and so on and so forth down to =D25+E25. I may only put itmes in until D11. So in D12 thru D25, I have $0.00. Can I rewrite this formula, possible an IF/THEN statement to add the two columns, but not show the $0.00 in D12 thru D25, since I did not have to do any addition? My main goal is to not have this info in D12 thru D25 print to make the sheet ...

if cell starts with characters formula
Hi I need to count cells in a column starting with certain characters. each cell's data varies in length. I have tried with @countif( but does not work if the cell contains other characters after the "prefix". eg. row 20 cell 5 apples row 21 cell 5 apples red row 22 cell 5 apples green row 23 cell 5 plums green row 23 cell 5 plums purple totals required for apples = 3 (regardless of colour) total required for plums = 2 (regardless of colour) @countif(C20:c30,"plums") gives answer of 1 require answer of 2 @countif(C20:c30,&quo...

Adding profit to a sread sheet
Hi there I'm working on an extensive pricing catalogue in EXCEL. I need to write a formula that adds a profit to a cell, but if the profit added is less than $100, then it must add $100 instead. Here's what I have so far........ =SUM(C7*A1) For arguments sake I have a cell A1 which is a multiplier (1.3 for a 30% profit). And C7 is the wholesale price that I enter in. (for the sake of the exercise lets use a value of $80) Cell D7 is the total (where the formula will reside). So currently D7 would show $104, but because it is less than $100 profit (ie $24), I need it to be $180. ...

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

formula based on format

Need help with Auto Filter

help with simple maths in excel

Help with income/expenses

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

Please ignore #2

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

matching contents #2

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...

Can anyone help ?

HELP! remote data not accessible msg